Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Car Key Chain Camera DVR €1.14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

plus p&p of ~€3.78 so its not €1.14.

Its ~€4.92, which i would say is probably fair enough.

After a quick look, seems to be the same one dealextreme are selling here for €7.93.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Been meanin to get one of these

€5.08 with Paypal's current rate

Cheers OP

I think they stopped making the best one , the #3, so I wouldn't bother really.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Twatter

I ordered 2 a few months ago....few weeks later got anm email to say they'd been stopped by customs and they issued me a refund....few weeks passed and got one of them in post anyway!! grand job

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Whats the quality of this like? Might come in handy if a Garda threatens to rape you! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Whats the quality of this like? Might come in handy if a Garda threatens to rape you! :P

Here you go, uncompressed footage in one of my posts from the previous (massive) Keychain Cam thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67163816&postcount=518

---

Here's the thread (50 pages), lots of information and hackery pockery.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055935996

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

I saw one in PC world a couple of weeks ago and had to pick my jaw up off the ground. I am sure the price was 99 Euro for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I saw one in PC world a couple of weeks ago and had to pick my jaw up off the ground. I am sure the price was 99 Euro for it...

Was it this one?

md80.jpg

The MD-80 is sold boxed and branded by a lot of retail places in Dublin, it is EXACTLY the same as the ones sold direct from China, as in, really worth about €6-12, depending on where you but it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

No, it was the very same one OP has. It was up in the Sligo store where the cameras and memory cards are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

I think they stopped making the best one , the #3, so I wouldn't bother really.

Found a #3 for EUR 5.69. Will go with that one so.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/3-Mini-camera-Car-key-hidden-camcorder-chain-ring-DVR8-/290545741238?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item43a5e02db6#ht_4620wt_905

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭bob123456

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

squod wrote: »

plus 4euro postage - suddenly what looked like a 1.14 bargain is almost 10euro (admittedly different source and better model)

the ebay instructions make for a good read though...

Package Includes:
    1 x Key Chain Video Camera
    1 x USB cable (Not include the charger)
    1 x Manual in English

How to use ?

1.Charge: The battery is built-in lithium rechargeable battery, so when you use it the first time, please charge firstly.

2. Power on to video :Please confirm the TF card has already been inserted products!

1) Press "ON/OFF" button , yellow indicator light begins to bright, now it enters into standby mode,

(2) Holding the "RECA" button, yellow indicator light flashing three times faster ,and put out immediately. At this time, it begins to make a video.

(3) Press "RECA" button yellow indicator light begins to bright , Pause and Save the record If you need to continue to video, please holding the "RECA" again.

3. Take Photo :Press "ON/OFF" button, yellow indicator light begins to bright, now it enters into startup ready mode. which can enter into standby mode. Press "VIDEO/CAMERA" button. yellow indicator light flashing, represents a photo shoot. Repeated press, repeat photo.

4.Time set: First create a new Txt file by root of the storage TF card and change the file name in " Set time", Open " Set time" file, inside edit year, month, day, hour, minutes and seconds format ( for example,2008.04.12 14:11:00 ) , and save the file before exit, time created and modifications completed, when next time you start the machine , the time will be recorded simile tenuously.

5.Power off: In the halted state, Holding "ON/OFF" button, then release till indicator goes out. Then the machine is turned off.

6. Auto-power off function

7.Connecting computer: It can connects computer under power off mode, standby mode or video mode, after that which can be used as U disk, who can copy, cut and paste, delete file.

so that's clear :D - now how does it charge and how do you operate it :confused:

squod wrote: »

I'd be very wary if I was you. They started putting out fake #3 cameras around the time I ended my interest in them. I don't believe they are making the original number 3 anymore. The best site to check up on these things is:

http://www.chucklohr.com/808/

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

How long is postage from China

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Just to note
    External Memory: Support 1~8GB TF card ( not include memory for this item ).

Internal Memory: No

So you will be paying another few quid to get MicroSD card, still going to get one, thanks op

Snowc wrote: »
    How long is postage from China

Just over 8,000 Km :D

sorry - tried to stop myself
    hat, coat, leave etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Just over 8,000 Km :D

sorry - tried to stop myself
    hat, coat, leave etc...

Anyone know thats not a troll?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

for dealextreme allow about a month to be on the safe side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

DX are great, I got book light in about 2 weeks and micro SD cards in nearly 2 months!

Snowc wrote: »
    Anyone know thats not a troll?

doubt it - might just be a poster with a sense of humour ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Quick update, I've ordered the one from the OP. Gonna see how it works before I commit to a car charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I'd be very wary if I was you. They started putting out fake #3 cameras around the time I ended my interest in them. I don't believe they are making the original number 3 anymore. The best site to check up on these things is:

http://www.chucklohr.com/808/

Thanks to VanZan's link and advice, i went with a seller who has been confirmed to be selling the genuine #3 camera. You can find the name on the site.

$13.99 i paid but that included registered post.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

Got eBay stuff from China, took a loooong time to arrive ( month+ )

I thought these ( less practical, more expensive ) were brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/ car key spy cam today €19.95 + €12.50, a lot more pricey but does anyone think it might be guaranteed to be good quality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

The avi can be very large (takes up a lot of space) quality is good but they are fiddly to use. dunno if its recording or not (no inication) mines is in a drawe this last while

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/ car key spy cam today €19.95 + €12.50, a lot more pricey but does anyone think it might be guaranteed to be good quality?
    No. It looks the same as any of the others except for having "HYUNDAI" printed on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

a little OT, but what do people use these for?

Is it mostly to spy on your bird when you are out?

I got some Velcro patches and stuck it onto the peak of my baseball cap. It was great fun initially recording my visits to the shopping centre and the bank etc but at the moment it's lost in my knick knack drawer and hasn't been used in ages. I bought one off a seller on rcgroups who could guarantee it was a #3. Cost me $22.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

they are great for recording bike riding, mountain biking, skiing etc etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Gonna record bits of my road trips in America

Advertisement