Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BudgetAir.ie

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Thinking of booking flight to LA with them. Tried with Trailfinders and coming in a lot cheaper than them

Take it you pay in full and issued e-ticket anybody have issues with them as will be booking tonight if I can't find cheaper

Anyone with promo codes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

booked my flights to Thailand with them in August and travelled in December. no problems at all. was issued an e-ticket the day after booking so wouldnt panic if you dont get it by email straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Thinking of booking flight to LA with them. Tried with Trailfinders and coming in a lot cheaper than them

Take it you pay in full and issued e-ticket anybody have issues with them as will be booking tonight if I can't find cheaper

Anyone with promo codes

Booked flights to states last summer again no problems with them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

it is worth noting if flying with them they also add on extra charges to items: for example priority booking with ryanair is 7 through budget it is 7.17. Baggage for 20kg high season ryanair is 35 through budget it is 37.50

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭phester28

If I remember correctly Ryanair were trying to stop 3rd party bookings. So I dont mind if they are adding extra. Are the extras only associated to ryanair or are there extras with other carriers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

racso1975 wrote: »
    it is worth noting if flying with them they also add on extra charges to items: for example priority booking with ryanair is 7 through budget it is 7.17. Baggage for 20kg high season ryanair is 35 through budget it is 37.50

Probably because they have to pass that onto ryanair and they are paying fees on your payment such as credit card fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭tomdublin

Not too convinced by that company: first, the price that skyscanner and other meta search engines indicate for budgetair.ie is sometimes lower than what's displayed once one has actually clicked through to their website. Second, the "ticket guarantee" they offer seems horrendously priced and for most people entirely pointless (if you book with a credit card you are automatically covered in case the airline goes bust - but that isn't explained anywhere on the budgetair website as far as I can see). I'd stay away from them.

jakdublin wrote: »
    I used them before on flights to Bulgaria without any problems. Had the same fears as I'd never heard of them either and the flights were a fair bit cheaper but it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Have used them at least 3 times at this stage and never ever had any issues! I like the fact they give money off vouchers now and again that can be directly redeemed against any flights booked......even ones on Ryanair (via the Budgetair.ie)website!

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

My other half booked flights last week & hit the 't' key instead of 'y' key next to it when writing one of the surnames. Phoned to have it amended. €100.....for one letter.

Rang Air France direct. They said no charge but that I had to deal with BudgetAir. They refused to waive the fee. Very bad form. €100 to change a single letter & re-issue eTickets.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Name change charge was brought in to stop people buying flights when cheap and then selling them on when the prices rise, price rises can be substantial with the longer flights.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

never heard of them, but put in a few dates for thailand in september and the prices are very good indeed. also seems no one has had any problems bar the mistake on the spelling of the name.

Edit: also looked up Bali flights, €300 cheaper than i paid for around the same time last year. but that was partly down to the slowness of my friends organizing the booking of the flights early enough

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

slave1 wrote: »
    Name change charge was brought in to stop people buying flights when cheap and then selling them on when the prices rise, price rises can be substantial with the longer flights.

It wasn't a name change. It was a single letter & was brought to their attention as a genuine mistake straight away. Bad form IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    It wasn't a name change. It was a single letter & was brought to their attention as a genuine mistake straight away. Bad form IMO.

I agree I left the last character of a name out and the eithad call center in Abu Dhabi wanted $75 to change - No Way It was a genuine mistake , I rang Etihad in Dublin to complain and they amended with no charge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Similar thing happened to me with the Emirates I added an extra character to my name one night I was fairly well on the beer, I woke up the next day with a splitting headache, checked my email and discovered that sometime before at around 5 in the morning I had booked return flights to Thailand and spelled my name wrong in the process, I can't hardly remember doing it.

Emirates changed the error for no charge as it was an extra character eg. "O'Neilll with three L's instead of "O'Neill"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

Stinicker wrote: »
    Similar thing happened to me with the Emirates I added an extra character to my name one night I was fairly well on the beer, I woke up the next day with a splitting headache, checked my email and discovered that sometime before at around 5 in the morning I had booked return flights to Thailand and spelled my name wrong in the process, I can't hardly remember doing it.

Emirates changed the error for no charge as it was an extra character eg. "O'Neilll with three L's instead of "O'Neill"

You would have spelt it the same way you'd pronounce it at that time of the morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

I'm thinking about booking flights to asia and the 1st leg is with aer lingus to amsterdam. Anyone know if the price on the website includes baggage or will we need to book and pay bags on separately with aer lingus? Saving is over 400.00 between the 2 of us so worth investigating.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aspasp1

bennyob wrote: »
    I'm thinking about booking flights to asia and the 1st leg is with aer lingus to amsterdam. Anyone know if the price on the website includes baggage or will we need to book and pay bags on separately with aer lingus? Saving is over 400.00 between the 2 of us so worth investigating.
    if its a through ticket and first leg is air lingus you dont have to pay anything for luggage

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

aspasp1 wrote: »
    if its a through ticket and first leg is air lingus you dont have to pay anything for luggage

Any idea on the baggage allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

bennyob wrote: »
    Any idea on the baggage allowance.

30kg per person as you are travelling through to an international destination via AMS.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

any discount codes floating around at the moment for budgetair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭dani049

any codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

30kg per person as you are travelling through to an international destination via AMS.

Not true, depends on Airline. Etihad is usually 30kg max but can use two bags. KLM is 2 x 23kg to most international destinations other than US. Emirates is similar. China Airlines is 20kg.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement