Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BudgetAir.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

marrm wrote: »
    Folks,

try momondo.com: I've used it before, never a problem, as they don't take your money but pass you on. :)

Brings up pretty much the same results as Skyscanner, but good to know of an alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pablothepaddy

I booked flights from Dublin to Australia from budgetair.com, found them through sky scanner, great service, no problems at all, booked through the website, got my e-ticket straight away.. Now all my dealings will be with the airline, my flights were up to 200 cheaper with budgetair.. Right job

Just tried them for a flight to East Midlands UK in 2 weeks time. Cheapest flight was €2619.94. Checked Ryanair and it was €54.99 :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lydiac

Flew with budgetair last July to turkey through lufthansa with a connection in germany, no problems at all and a lot cheaper!!

Ive even booked more flights for this summer with them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

ive booked dublin-london-toronto with the same people and what did you put into the british airways website to find out if your booking was there??because it wont work for me just yet.
    Also i dont knwo if the flight includes bags or if the bags go straight through to toronto because it doesnt say anywhere because if weve to add bags on then it works out the same price as air transat and was a bit of a pointless booking really!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Checked their prices with several other flight comparison sites and they are not so cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

flynnser19 wrote: »
    ive booked dublin-london-toronto with the same people and what did you put into the british airways website to find out if your booking was there??because it wont work for me just yet.
    Also i dont knwo if the flight includes bags or if the bags go straight through to toronto because it doesnt say anywhere because if weve to add bags on then it works out the same price as air transat and was a bit of a pointless booking really!!!

You get a bag in with your booking, think it says it on the e-ticket you should have in your inbox, doing the same flight at the end of may so will see, sure what's the worst that could happen? :P I was close to taking a later flight from Dublin that would have gotten me into Heathrow an hour and 55 mins before the long flight but wound up taking the early one that gives me nearly 3 hours. Should be fun, now to get the visa sorted, have been very lazy with my cic account :D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

i got my visa a few weeks ago and i am trying my best to save like a bitch so jumped at the cheap flight!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Just booked with BudgetAir.ie on flights to Asia via SkyScanner.ie, travelling in two weeks and saved about €200, so worth the risk, have read all their terms and it looks ok. Paid with CC.

Will report here when I get back and let you know if there were any Gotcha's.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

hi guys
    Going to the states in the summer booked through BudgetAir.ie last week no problems,got e-tickets half hour later we wanted to select seats so i rang the nice people at Aer lingus and gave the booking Ref number budjetair.ie supplied,she siad yep your on the plane now what seats would we like.. They are not much cheaper than the usual websites but their flight times suited us better..so happy days!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Just booked with BudgetAir.ie on flights to Asia via SkyScanner.ie, travelling in two weeks and saved about €200, so worth the risk, have read all their terms and it looks ok. Paid with CC.

Will report here when I get back and let you know if there were any Gotcha's.

;)

Just back from trip to Asia, absolutely no issues, there was an hour delay on the flight home and BudgetAir.ie even sent me an email to confirm same, so good feedback all around.

I would use them again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I just booked flights to Prague this week direct with Aer Lingus.

I just entered the same details with Budget Air and it's €16 more expensive and doesn't include seat selection.

So, I'm certainly not impressed paying a middleman more money for less.

Probably best to let them perform the search, then you try entering the details direct for the carrier, eg. Aer Lingus to see if it's cheaper.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I just booked flights to Prague this week direct with Aer Lingus.

I just entered the same details with Budget Air and it's €16 more expensive and doesn't include seat selection.

So, I'm certainly not impressed paying a middleman more money for less.

Probably best to let them perform the search, then you try entering the details direct for the carrier, eg. Aer Lingus to see if it's cheaper.

They seem to be more competitive on long haul connecting flights. How much was the Prague flight? Last time I was there it was an expensive flight for its length.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

yk2 wrote: »
    I booked a recent trip on BudgetAir.ie. The website has extremely competitive rates and we got a super deal! BudgetAir.ie website is very user-friendly and I would highly recommend booking with them. I had to ring their customer service to book a multi-city trip and they couldn't do enough for me - highly professional and friendly service. Will definitely book with BudgetAir.ie again. Thanks guys for making the first part of my trip hassle-free!

I hate it when first time, or almost first time posters, start promoting websites! It's so transparent..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Booked flights through them dub-ams-sfo return last year... Was able to upgrade my seat via the klm website... Kinda wishing I had now... 10 hours in the air with my knees in my eyes was not fun! All was in order, no complaints with budgetair at all!

430 return by the way which was definitely worth it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Booked flights through them dub-ams-sfo return last year... Was able to upgrade my seat via the klm website... Kinda wishing I had now... 10 hours in the air with my knees in my eyes was not fun! All was in order, no complaints with budgetair at all!

what are klm like to fly with? flying with these to New York next month, got them at €450 return as well through sky scanner!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Tip

KLM are excellent airline, flew with them recently from Amsterdam to Middle East. Very pleased, plenty legroom, good films to watch and edible food !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

madmoe wrote: »
    Once you are flying KLM both flights you should be fine, unless the plane is crazy late arriving from Dublin they will usually hold the second flight.

Cheers,
    M

As it happened I was delayed by an hour on the Dublin to Amsterdam leg as the fuel tank was contaminated. I only had an hour and a half for the connection, so missed it.
    They certainly don't hold the second flight.
    Had to wait a day for a flight via Seattle instead. And they only gave me €150 in ****ty travel vouchers, instead of the €600 promised on their site (EU regulations if flight is delayed by over certain amount of hours, takes off from EU country, delay is not caused by extreme weather, flight is over certain distance)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Anyone have any dealings flying Delta? Especially the plane that has drop down tv's from ceiling instead of tv's in back of seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I got the same flight last November with KLM to SFO and it was €400 (return).....definitely the best price I ever got to San Francisco!

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Anyone used these recently?

Just wondering if everything is the same as if I booked with USIT / Trailfinders.

Do I get the tickets immediately?

I'm flying Dublin - London - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne (Aer Lingus / Malaysian )

If I did miss a connection, especially in London, would I still be ok, would Aer Lingus or Malaysian sort me out on next flight? Have a short changeover in London (2 hours)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

mad m wrote: »
    Anyone have any dealings flying Delta? Especially the plane that has drop down tv's from ceiling instead of tv's in back of seat.

It's the Delta fleet lottery on flights out of Dublin. I was unfortunate enough to travel on one of their older 767's last week - no seat-back entertainment & the movies being shown included a Streisand flick, immediately followed by a Bette Midler movie. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

PopTarts wrote: »
    Anyone used these recently?

Just wondering if everything is the same as if I booked with USIT / Trailfinders.

Do I get the tickets immediately?

I'm flying Dublin - London - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne (Aer Lingus / Malaysian )

If I did miss a connection, especially in London, would I still be ok, would Aer Lingus or Malaysian sort me out on next flight? Have a short changeover in London (2 hours)

You'll have very little problem in London I'd say. Did Dublin-London-Toronto last week and it's well run over there with regards to connections. You get the E ticket straight away and can check in on each airline as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

mad m wrote: »

Yeah I had one of those planes(old 767 I think) on the way out to NY last September. The planes are quite old and as you said the tvs drop down in the aisle so its not ideal for some but, to be honest, I didnt have a problem at all with the plane. i brought my ipad with me and used that. On the return flight had the newer plane with the tv in the seat.

if the price was right I certainly wouldnt let it be a deciding factor in booking. In fact it probably wouldnt influence my decision a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Neelie77

I will never use this company again. I was unhappy with my purchase as it was not sold as described. They mislead me in my purchase and will not even respond to my complaint emails. I received one response and no further acknowledgement of my 2 other subsequent emails:mad:. I for one will never use this company again:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fAzI

Neelie77 wrote: »
    I will never use this company again. I was unhappy with my purchase as it was not sold as described. They mislead me in my purchase and will not even respond to my complaint emails. I received one response and no further acknowledgement of my 2 other subsequent emails:mad:. I for one will never use this company again:mad:

can you explain what was the problem?
    what was sold different as described?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Used them last weekend to book a Ryanair flight to Luton as I won a €15 off voucher in one of their competitions!!

Absolutely painless process and all went perfect with the flight! At this stage I have used them many times and will continue to do so gladly!!

Cheers,
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 15 caseygkcg

Another happy customer here. Have used them on a number of occasions without issue. Even got a refund of taxes and charges for an unused portion of a flight. Not always the cheapest but certainly reputable and worth a price check.
    I also like their car rental site - it is just a rebranding of car trawler/argus but unlike them it shows you which rental company the offer is from unlike other sites where you must place the order before being given this info.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭tandcapply

Same here, I was very happy with my klm ticket through Budgetair.
    I've only used them once as they were only 10 Euro cheaper than the airline the second time I went, so I booked direct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Just FYI,

I had a problem booking with them last time - price had gone up between the time I booked and paid apparently.

I had to ring them and then wait for a call back, they offered to rebook at the new higher price but I refused and then cancel my ticket.

I got my money back in a couple of days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement