Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time work & general job chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

I really want a part time job this summer, but because I'm doing my Leaving Cert I wouldn't be able to start until late June, plus I will probably be abroad for some portion of the summer as well. I have 2 months of bar experience from last summer in Kerry.

But anyways, with the late start and partial absence, do you guys think anybody would employ me? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Has anyone here worked for Oriflame. Considering doing it but then not sure would it be too costly..

just got a card through the door for additional income. I wouldn't trust them but I am always curious as too what they do has anyone here ever got in contact with them www.additionalincome.ie says nothing really on the site you have to send them your details to get more information..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 laisve

I looked them up and they contacted me. Basically, it's another Amway type things. Works for some people, but I personally couldn't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Has anyone experience working with Garnish House on Western Road? They seem to be constantly advertising for a receptionist/duty manager on the FAS website, I'm thinking of applying but I don't want to work for an a**hole. Had my fair share of those bosses for one lifetime....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 jiggs89

Does anyone have any hits on cash in hand hospitality jobs (bartending or serving) in Cork City?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

jiggs89 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any hits on cash in hand hospitality jobs (bartending or serving) in Cork City?

Market Lane restaurant and Clarion Hotel are looking for waiters/waitresses in case you're interested. And if i'm not mistaken, Amicus restaurant is also looking for staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

This morning I saw a sign in the topaz in Wilton looking for staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 teacakes

I'm finding it shockingly difficult to find a job at the moment - like everyone else, really! It seems like even to be a fruit picker or cleaner these days you need at least two years of experience.

Defiantly with you. Im working three days and have been looking for something else for nearly a year. tis mad I think tis all about who you know

• Advertisement

No word back from Aiken from their email or facebook page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

In case it helps anyone a coffee shop in douglas court shopping center are looking for full time staff. Saw the add last week. Cant remember which one. Its the one closest to the car park anyway.

Anyone know of any travel jobs. I don't want to be an air hostess as I wouldn't have the patience but something else, even the ships

Back again or anyone here ever worked lets say for the winter or summer someplace. If so what sites did you use to get the jobs or did ye sign up somewhere thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 misssunshine14

I'm thinking about applying for one of the jobs Apple have advertised at the moment.

Can anyone give a current opinion on what it is honestly like to work there?

The job is demand planning so if anyone has any info on this department in particular, then that would be great as well.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

You are supposed to think OUT of the box. Next! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Red Nissan wrote: »
    You are supposed to think OUT of the box. Next! :pac:

Any more comments like that and you'll be thinking 'out of the Cork forum', moving this to jobs thread

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'm thinking about applying for one of the jobs Apple have advertised at the moment.

Can anyone give a current opinion on what it is honestly like to work there?

The job is demand planning so if anyone has any info on this department in particular, then that would be great as well.

Thanks!

No idea what it's like to work there, but from my own experience, it takes a while for them to reply so might as well send in your CV to them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

Why is it so hard to find a part time job? I'm pretty much not allowed to go back into university if I don't have one, unless I want to spend TWO full years working at my awful current full time job trying to save enough money for €6000 fees AND living expenses (if I had a part time job it would cover my living expenses and I could just borrow half the fees money and save the rest).

I'm envious of those on Back to Education. You pretty much make the equivalent of someone in a part time job without having to work! :P I think it's a bit ridiculous that you can only get it if you're on the dole for NINE months, never the mind the fact if you've been working a full time job for the past 6 months trying to go back to university and not live off welfare! Maybe there's a good reasoning behind it. I'm stressed either way :(

Does anyone here work for the Cork Airport Hotel? I cant understand them at all, I have seen a few jobs advertised on Jobs.ie and have applied severeal times, and sent in a general c.v.. Rang to follow up, and was told nothing. Emailed two different email addresses for some feedback and still nothing. Think it is very rude of them and then yesterday I see the two jobs up again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Milly33 wrote: »
    Does anyone here work for the Cork Airport Hotel? I cant understand them at all, I have seen a few jobs advertised on Jobs.ie and have applied severeal times, and sent in a general c.v.. Rang to follow up, and was told nothing. Emailed two different email addresses for some feedback and still nothing. Think it is very rude of them and then yesterday I see the two jobs up again

I know someone who got a job there although I'm pretty sure there was a family connection there! They worked for one year before quitting so not really sure whether there was problems there or not!

I'm going into the city today and if anyone had any ideas of places that would be good to look into for employment I'd appreciate is :) I've rang up a few places but nobody really seems to be hiring or have hired recently :(

Just find it odd. Speaking of the devil I just got an email back from them. The lady didn't even read my email properly this was her reply to my question as to why my application was not considered I had not even applied for the latest job
    "thank you for your recent application concerning employment within the Cork International Airport Hotel.
    I regret to advise you that we will not be pursuing with your application. However your application will be held on file for a period of 6 months and should a suitable vacancy arise, it will be placed forward for further consideration.
    Once again, we thank you for the interest you have shown in the Cork International Airport Hotel; we would like to wish you every success in your future career"

Seems like a sham id say.

Places in town that might be hiring I heard voxpro but they are suppose to be awfull to work for so maybe not. Try vibes and scribes both shops, pennys were hiring also..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I suppose at least you got a reply, hate waiting to hear from a company who never get back to you.

I called into penneys who said it's all done online and just went into a few shops and got chatting. Hopefully something will arise out of todays efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 thatperson

Supermac's is also hiring beside the cinema. And Deep South is looking for bartenders. Other than that, I think it's just a game of chance handing in your CVs

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭marialouise

thanks for that, could be an interesting one

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

Part time and all. I'm a day late, I had yesterday off work and everything! Damn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Did any one go too these interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭marialouise

I went at 15:55 and was told to go home. There was a raaaaaaaaaaake of people still there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I went at 15:55 and was told to go home. There was a raaaaaaaaaaake of people still there.

Jesus. How many positions were been given out ?

Advertisement