Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Part time work & general job chat

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Pmaa

Does anyone know of any part time work going around the city centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MasqueOfTheRed

Hi Guys :)

A UCC student here who's hankering after some part time employment come September. Does anyone have any guidance regarding where to apply to and also whom to apply to? A tad early for this craic maybe but a change in circumstances has really set a fire under me.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

If you are looking for bar work the Silver Quay are always looking for staff.

Where else now, what kinda of work are you looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MasqueOfTheRed

Thanks for the tip Milly :)

Any kind of part time work to be honest - beggars and choosers

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

If your gonna be staying near UCC, SuperValu out by the Lough is within short cycle/walk distance. Also, try contacting the student centre, they are always employing students. Of course theres always DayBreak on College Road, The Rock & Sissy Youngs bars, and even Lennox's who would be reasonably big employers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Four Star Pizza also I know Douglas were looking for staff but you could try other branches. Wouldnt mind working there to see how to make the pizza's..

Has anyone heard of any part time admin/office work going..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I see Paragon worldwide in Blackpool are hiring, but its very vague http://www.paragonworldwide.ie/ - anyone know anything about them

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fmcato

Andip wrote: »
    I see Paragon worldwide in Blackpool are hiring, but its very vague http://www.paragonworldwide.ie/ - anyone know anything about them

Researched a bit as my girlfriend got a phone call from them some time ago. Seems like they offer door-to-door sales jobs, pay is on commission and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Hi Guys :)

A UCC student here who's hankering after some part time employment come September. Does anyone have any guidance regarding where to apply to and also whom to apply to? A tad early for this craic maybe but a change in circumstances has really set a fire under me.

Thanks.

Pennys are taking on at the moment.
    Chambers Bar advertised on FB.
    Lots of shops with help wanted signs around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Milly33 wrote: »
    Four Star Pizza also I know Douglas were looking for staff but you could try other branches. Wouldnt mind working there to see how to make the pizza's..
    Small word of warning, that place is always looking for staff. Conveyor belt of employees in and out. Makes you wonder about the working conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Theres a vacancy in The Flying Enterprise since yesterday. English speaking essential :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Hamza Slimy Whistle-blower

gimmick wrote: »
    Theres a vacancy in The Flying Enterprise since yesterday. English speaking essential :D
    What happened there? I seen the picket line

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What happened there? I seen the picket line

linky

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PaulaCastell

I graduated from UCC with a Masters in Economics.

I wish to stay in Cork, any companies looking? I'm feeling so lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bleakforest

Small word of warning, that place is always looking for staff. Conveyor belt of employees in and out. Makes you wonder about the working conditions.

I worked there and would never work there again have a life now.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bleakforest

gimmick wrote: »

Conas ata tu?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭lukin

There is a one day a week tutoring job available (based in Cork). It starts next Monday so they need someone quick. It might possibly extend to two days for a certain period. It is set to last for a year but the individual would be free to take up a permanent position at any time if one became available during that time. They are looking for someone from a .NET background with certifications if possible (98-361, 98-364, 70-483 etc.). Some Java (Standard Edition) experience would be great too. Salary is decent considering it is not full-time.
    The start date is next Monday so they are in a bit of a bind.
    Pm me if you know of someone (or if that someone is yourself even better).

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ahernj

I saw this posted today when looking for drivers jobs, seem to have a lot of full time and part time work. Anybody know anything about them?

www facebook.com/StafflineIreDrivers/

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ludite

Everywhere will be hiring soon in the run up to Christmas. Especially toy stores and department stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

Need someone with a full licence to drive a minibus from holyhead to liverpool & back tomorrow. Coming off 0805 ferry from dublin & back on 2030 one. Match ticket & transport costs provided

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertisement