Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Connors is a bit of a wanker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Just looked at the 'Living with Lucy' show.

TBH, John didn't seem the worst of sorts. I've no time for travellers in general, but he seems harmless enough.

He's just a fairly uneducated lad put into the spotlight & runs off at the mouth a fair bit

At the end of the show Lucy went out of the pub they were in to say a few words to camera about how she 'enjoyed' the whole experiance of it all.

As she finished JC came out & quizzed her up on what she was saying.

There was an awkward hug at the end & they went their seperate ways....

I didn't see much love lost on either side.

Eh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Eh

Was that in the Proclamation?

Was that in the Proclamation?

Oh

Bear with me... I've had a few beers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Bear with me... I've had a few beers

I was in a fairly advanced state of refreshment myself tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Saw about 20 minutes of "living with Lucy" last night. I have never seen it before so, does she always seem so uncomfortable or just in this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

mloc123 wrote: »
    Saw about 20 minutes of "living with Lucy" last night. I have never seen it before so, does she always seem so uncomfortable or just in this one?

Apart from the car crash that was Daniella Westbrook, no Lucy never seems uncomfortable.....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

greenspurs wrote: »
    Apart from the car crash that was Daniella Westbrook, no Lucy never seems uncomfortable.....

She looked a bit uncomfortable with Christy Dignam when it looked like he was trying to throw a length in her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Klemantine

That had to be the slowest boxing 'fight' of all time, it was like watching soccer.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,570 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Greentopia wrote: »
    ACAB

Well I don't know about all actually, but many treated water protesters appallingly, that I do remember and saw with my own eyes.

His point was not wrong either. Gardai lending back up support to ex-Loyalist paramilitaries in strong-arming people from their homes? fcuk that.

I was on plenty of water marches and didn’t see the Garda treat anyone badly.
    In fact there was plenty of interaction and laughs.
    No need to make up stuff to justify your side.

The housing protests were different from the water protests. No water protesters illegally occupied anyone’s house.
    The water protest marches got out of hand when a gang of ****bags under that fool Murphy decided to act the bollix with Joan Burtons car and many of the decent people wanted nothing to do with that kind of behavior.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

I was on plenty of water marches and didn’t see the Garda treat anyone badly.
    In fact there was plenty of interaction and laughs.
    No need to make up stuff to justify your side.

I meant when protestors tried to block meter installations and the Gardai were there. I didn't see them treat protesters badly on marches either. Apologies if I was unclear.
    The housing protests were different from the water protests. No water protesters illegally occupied anyone’s house.
    The water protest marches got out of hand when a gang of ****bags under that fool Murphy decided to act the bollix with Joan Burtons car and many of the decent people wanted nothing to do with that kind of behavior.

Nothing to disagree with here.

mgn wrote: »
    You may call the installers traitors,but i call them people who get up in the morning and go to work unlike a lot of the protesters who never done a days work in their lives.

Or bootlickers, take your pick.

Not all work has equal value, merit or use, and no-one wants to think the work they do contributes to the oppression of their own class, but that's sometimes what happens.
    History is littered with "early risers" who were only too eager to sell out their own countrymen to earn a schilling or to lord it over others, here and elsewhere.

And the "never done a day's work" mantra I always hear never stacked up going on my experience of the people I was with and met on protests. They came from all walks of life, classes and occupations as well as of course some unemployed because they were quite a broad representation of society.
    Particularly the first large scale protests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Greentopia wrote: »
    Or bootlickers, take your pick.

Not all work has equal value, merit or use, and no-one wants to think the work they do contributes to the oppression of their own class, but that's sometimes what happens.
    History is littered with "early risers" who were only too eager to sell out their own countrymen to earn a schilling or to lord it over others, here and elsewhere.

And the "never done a day's work" mantra I always hear never stacked up going on my experience of the people I was with and met on protests. They came from all walks of life, classes and occupations as well as of course some unemployed because they were quite a broad representation of society.
    Particularly the first large scale protests.

What exactly are you trying to say,that people should not do work that the likes of you and other people might not agree with.
    As for the protesters,if the had a job the wouldn't have the time to be out every day intimidating people trying to do a days work.

mgn wrote: »
    What exactly are you trying to say,that people should not do work that the likes of you and other people might not agree with.
    As for the protesters,if the had a job the wouldn't have the time to be out every day intimidating people trying to do a days work.

I don't see what else I can say to be more clear. Not every work is of equal value or merit to society. In fact some can actively be extremely destructive and immoral. Do I need to resort to Godwin's Law to make that point even more obvious? they were hard workers too.
    And no, obviously I'm not comparing IW installers to Nazis :pac: simply trying to clarify further my point by using an extreme example.

Look, we clearly don't agree so no point in further discussion IMO. For either of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Watched it last night after the father in law was quizzing me on whether or not I had seen that show with your woman misty or whatever you call her and your man O'Connor....:D

My opinion?

He didn't come across too bad tbh, he's fairly well versed on certain things, and well ignorant on others, but the problem is - he doesn't realise he is.

Couple of awkward moments alright, the kitten leaving a shyte on her bed, Jesus :D and the scene in the pub where they're on the chucky songs - RTE weren't prepared for that one tbh.....

Best living with Lucy yet? Ivan Yates.

I don't share many of his political views, but I hold his broadcasting skills and methods in high regards. I like him anyway, but that episode made him look fairly intriguing and someone I reckon would be great craic to spend a weekend with on the gargle.

He's a poor second to VB in fairness, but there's no one coming up close to either in their no sh1t taken personas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Watched it last night after the father in law was quizzing me on whether or not I had seen that show with your woman misty or whatever you call her and your man O'Connor....:D

My opinion?

He didn't come across too bad tbh, he's fairly well versed on certain things, and well ignorant on others, but the problem is - he doesn't realise he is.

Couple of awkward moments alright, the kitten leaving a shyte on her bed, Jesus :D and the scene in the pub where they're on the chucky songs - RTE weren't prepared for that one tbh.....

Best living with Lucy yet? Ivan Yates.

I don't share many of his political views, but I hold his broadcasting skills and methods in high regards. I like him anyway, but that episode made him look fairly intriguing and someone I reckon would be great craic to spend a weekend with on the gargle.

He's a poor second to VB in fairness, but there's no one coming up close to either in their no sh1t taken personas.

It's Virgin Media 1, not RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭banie01

It's Virgin Media 1, not RTE.

And its pre-recorded and edited for broadcast, if VM didn't want the Chucky songs broadcast they wouldn't have been.
    Connors and crew weren't playing a patriotic blinder there or forcing a broadcast choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Against my better judgement i went on the player to watch it last night, was flicking through the channels and seen lucy with Nadine Coyle so that reminded me. The universe however was looking out for me and the player said video not available in your region. Cheers universe:D

So with that in mind, what the hell is a chucky song?

Nadine is still smoking hot, but still needs subtitles just in case you're wondering!

Against my better judgement i went on the player to watch it last night, was flicking through the channels and seen lucy with Nadine Coyle so that reminded me. The universe however was looking out for me and the player said video not available in your region. Cheers universe:D

Nadine is still smoking hot, but still needs subtitles just in case you're wondering!

Chucky - as in Tiocfaidh ar Lá

• Registered Users Posts: 18,414 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I would assume a "Chucky" song is a song with an Irish Republican theme.
    Chucky coming from "tiocfaidh ar la"
    I'll be honest, I am making a guess at this as I've never heard the term before.

• Advertisement

Here was me thinking of a boy doll with stripe top and red hair oh and a knife.....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

kippy wrote: »
    I'll be honest, I am making a guess at this as I've never heard the term before.

If you had only read the post before yours ….. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,414 ✭✭✭✭kippy

greenspurs wrote: »
    If you had only read the post before yours ….. :rolleyes:

I was typing as it was posted I'd guess.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

All he came across as was another one who blames the gubberment and the media for everything and will never look closer to home.

No personal responsibility basically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

And protests will always happen, no matter how long the likes of you stamp your jackboots.

I’ve no issue with protests. However, trespassing is illegal and should be dealt with, sharply and with force, once it has been shown that they are refusing to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭SnazzyPig

Here was me thinking of a boy doll with stripe top and red hair oh and a knife.....
    I thought he was saying they all broke into song singing that Ricky Lee Jones song......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Nadine is a fine mare, thick as a plank for the most part though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Omackeral wrote: »

She could do with eating some products containing flour judging by those tooth pick arms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

This feckin eejit tweeting his support for a North Belfast SF candidate, this after a few months ago tweeting his support for the Irexit party, who funnily enough refuse to acknowledge the ethnic status given to Travellers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement