Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC's sold to Dunnes Stores

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'd imagine the café will opened when the library building is finished, because afaik it's going in that end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

The local free range egg guy seems to have been dropped from the supplier list :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

0lddog wrote: »
    The local free range egg guy seems to have been dropped from the supplier list :(

Lawless Eggs - that must be quite a blow. Some North County fruit and vegetable producers will more than likely have been dropped too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭tscul32

I got a pack last week but there weren't many, was hoping to get more today. They are the one thing that I only buy in JCs. Not any more I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

It's barely JCs at this stage the fruit and veg was often superior but less so lately. There are the odd few things you won't get in the pavillions dunnes but will only head there now if traffic will be light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

I've not checked the last couple of times I've been in but what is the off license like? Is it still full of loads of weird and wonderful drinks from round the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Lawless Eggs - that must be quite a blow. ......

Anyone know what other NCD shops sell their eggs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Anybody any idea when the new coffee shop will open which I presume will be Café Sol ?

Don't know when its opening but I heard it was a Kay's Kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Homer

The Muppet wrote: »
    Don't know when its opening but I heard it was a Kay's Kitchen.

Ah jaysus.. scaldy reheated frys so! Ugghhh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Nokotan wrote: »
    I've not checked the last couple of times I've been in but what is the off license like? Is it still full of loads of weird and wonderful drinks from round the world?

it's got some of them but they don't stock the wine I liked anymore :( but still have mcardles (2 for 3euro :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lemeister

Spar in Applewood I'm pretty sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

The SuperValu in Boroimhe sells them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

paw patrol wrote: »
    it's got some of them but they don't stock the wine I liked anymore :( but still have mcardles (2 for 3euro :) )

Aye, thankfully they still have the deal on the McGargles I go for the Double IPA 3 for €9. No decent deals to be had on wine anymore which is a shame, JC's and Lidl were both good for getting decent wines at a decent price, have to stick to Lidl now :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Macardles and McGargles are two different things, just in case you were confusing them there (you might not have been of course)

Macardles = red ale made by Diageo; last product left from the old Macardle Moore brewery that they destroyed bought out. McGargles = core brand of the Rye River Brewery from Celbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Inquitus wrote: »
    Aye, thankfully they still have the deal on the McGargles I go for the Double IPA 3 for €9. No decent deals to be had on wine anymore which is a shame, JC's and Lidl were both good for getting decent wines at a decent price, have to stick to Lidl now :(

3 for nine ...oooh ..dosn't seem a bargain ...what cc the bott ...not 500ml surely ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

500ml and its 7.1%

L1011 wrote: »
    500ml and its 7.1%

McGargles Double IPA is 8% fwiw.

Was thinking of the 'normal' one, oops

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

That's Francis' Big Banging. The 'normal' is about 5.5?

That's Francis' Big Banging. The 'normal' is about 5.5?

I haven't seen that on sale for ages. There's the Retro which I thought hsd taken its place with Francis as the main IPA (although the 3.8 session IPA with its different names depending on whether you're in a pub in Kildare or not is probably more common than all the rest)

• Advertisement

This is the one I buy for 3 for €9

Dans-Double-IPA-300x300.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

I haven't seen that on sale for ages. There's the Retro which I thought hsd taken its place with Francis as the main IPA (although the 3.8 session IPA with its different names depending on whether you're in a pub in Kildare or not is probably more common than all the rest)

Got Francis in Dunnes last week, and saw it in Lidl too.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭toffeeshel

Macardles and McGargles are two different things, just in case you were confusing them there (you might not have been of course)

Macardles = red ale made by Diageo; last product left from the old Macardle Moore brewery that they destroyed bought out. McGargles = core brand of the Rye River Brewery from Celbridge.

Foxes Rock is now being brewed on the old macardles brewery site in Dundalk

Got Francis in Dunnes last week, and saw it in Lidl too.

I meant the original IPA, the 5.5%. Francis is the headline product basically!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Just FYI, JCs are closed tomorrow.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Has anyone noticed how long the queues are for JCs the last few days? Both Friday and Saturday they were right down to the railings at the park. That was mid afternoon on Friday and 9.30 a.m. on Saturday.

I realise it's Easter, but Lidl and Aldi just had their usual queues of no more than 10 mins. When I was in JCs on Saturday (after almost an hour queueing) I noticed that it wasn't as busy as the previous week. I got the feeling they have reduced the numbers allowed into the shop hence the much longer queues.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

12 mins yesterday afternoon - slightly longer a week before. Basically wrapping around the building but not down to the park.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

I queued for exactly an hour last Thursday, around mid-day. Note to self, next time I'm bringing my Kindle. Mrs R went to the Pavilions around 4pm & walked straight into Supervalue, no queue.

rushfan wrote: »
    I queued for exactly an hour last Thursday, around mid-day. Note to self, next time I'm bringing my Kindle. Mrs R went to the Pavilions around 4pm & walked straight into Supervalue, no queue.

I hit JC's about 3pm today and the queue was 5 mins tops, during the week every time I passed it went the whole way round the building. Queue at Lidl has never been more than 5 or 10 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 pow_pow

While the queues to get into Lidl aren't as long, the experience in JC's is far better.

Advertisement