Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Say hello to the the newest member of BEVOC

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,561 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

So here we are NCT fail at 84,000 kms for front suspension ball joint on front left worn.

Is this a main dealer job or a local garage, he also want the tracking reset?

Also noted that all 4 tires are 6 years old but not worn enough to fail.

I changed the front ones at some point, so where is the date on the tires that he is basing this on.

Also noted that h windscreen washer was empty...

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Is this a main dealer job or a local garage

Local garage.

And you should probably do both sides when you are at it.

he also want the tracking reset

Local tyre centre

Also noted that all 4 tires are 6 years old but not worn enough to fail.

so where is the date on the tires that he is basing this on.

The year of manufacture is printed on the outside of all tyres.

Thanks KC, as always, have lined up a mechanic.

I cant for the life of me see the date on the tyres, can someplace post a picture at your convenience

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

It will be something like this

Thanks, put 4 new tyres on and full tracking 400 euro.

Ball joints by 2: 26 euro plus 30 labour

So now when I reverse, after a metre or 2 there is a slight sound and I get the impression that the "handbrake" is engaging momentarily.

82,000 kms

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭fael

Yup, common issue with the leaf. If anyone has a good fix for this I would love to hear it. I got my rear brakes + pads replaced with Nissan OEM parts but did not fix it. That's on a 24kWh 2013 Leaf.

Another common one seems to be the 'L' driver type of braking. Especially when almost coming to a stop, it's like it's not sure how to deal with the regen and actual brake application and it's doing a bit of both willy nilly. Makes you look like a newbie in the car ;)

.This was 78,000

Today, look like I am down to 9 at 88,000 so two more gone in 10 k

am charging it to full so see reduced range

Advertisement