Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Irish Soup Kitchens"

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Snap, I was about to post the same thing!

They're regularly there at the traffic lights between McDonalds and the Mill Centre.

Directly opposite the Garda Station!

Same table, same set up. Shaking the bucket in car windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭anewme

That’s exactly where I saw them too.

2 of them in an 06 LD banger constantly on the phone to someone else.

I think they have a Iicence to sell the scratch cards and that’s why the table is there. No licence to collect in buckets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Kalimah

Saw them outside the Swan Centre in Rathmines during the week. Wouldn’t support based on what I have read here. I’ve worked for several charities as staff and as a volunteer so I know something fishy as soon as I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Didn't see that but there was a lone female collector hanging around Tuthills during the week (no table or anything)

Nothing today though.

These "charities" are dodgy as f...

Would she have had permission from the centre to do that?

Although about ten years ago they used to have feckin' Scientology in there (tables and fake meters and all) so they may not have the greatest amount of cop-on.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement