Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Yeah it can only have 2 devices, so prob the old owners phone. If it's still like the 2015 versions. Do the same step with the lock unlock until it beeps a few times, then do it again 10 more lock unlock presses (20 in total). It should beep once then no more beeps and be reset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Yeah it can only have 2 devices, so prob the old owners phone. If it's still like the 2015 versions. Do the same step with the lock unlock until it beeps a few times, then do it again 10 more lock unlock presses (20 in total). It should beep once then no more beeps and be reset.

Sorry should have replied to you. Yeah I got that working finally......

Driving around in it myself, wife has robbed Sparky 2 as usual....so far Im running at 1.2ltr/100km. Working from home and just doing small runs is helping that. I doubt I would have used any fuel at all only for the air con.....

Another question, I have air con set to prewarm? how do you set the temp?

Go into the app and click timer. Then climate control. You can then pick cool or heat or windscreen, and set the time. I think it will just heat or cool at full blast for however long you set. So time is the factor.

10mins is usually loads of time here. It does use you drive battery but If it is plugged in it will charge a bit too.

Everything working now

So all day today running on battery....no idea what distance I have done, topped up twice

Any idea how to work out of it is cheaper just to top up during day on higher rate than using petrol? I would expect the electricity to be cheaper just just wondering?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Topping up should be much cheaper. I costs me about €1.80 -€1.85 for a full charge on the higher cost electricity for about 40km, which equates to about 140Km for the cost of a gallon of petrol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

You have to play with the menus, on the middle of the dashboard, between the two analogue instruments.
    Take a note of the readings before you leave and again, when back home.

Keep scrolling through the menu, using the right side ,under the steering wheel button.
    It shows you all what you asked and more than you need.
    Same, in the main screen, EV information tells you a lot.

One of the function shows you what driving engine is being used.
    You will have 3 icons: engine, battery and wheels.
    That gives you indications on what are you using to cut through the forces of gravity and air resistance...

I'm driving mostly on "drive" which is default B2 and glide as much as possible.
    I am filling always half tank of K Extra miles unleaded, which despite being dearer, gives me a sense of better quality in respect to petrol gases and sitting idle in the tank more than usual / normal ice engine.

In town or in traffic, driving in EV mode.
    Motorway, always in "SAVE" mode.
    Very few cases of using "charge" so far...

Average petrol consumption comes at 7l/100km,giving me 7l x €1.50 = €10.50 per 100km.
    To do same in pure EV,10c night rate x 9Kwh = €1 x 3 times @ 35km range = around €3 cost of electricity.

I guess ,after driving it for a while, you can make yourself a case for charging at home on cheap electricity or using the petrol.
    I used both, starting with estimated 40km range then the ice kicked in.
    Feel much more much more better than in the BEV, i cant describe the feelings...

492021.jpg

492016.jpg

492017.jpg

492018.jpg

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Everything working now

So all day today running on battery....no idea what distance I have done, topped up twice

Any idea how to work out of it is cheaper just to top up during day on higher rate than using petrol? I would expect the electricity to be cheaper just just wondering?

Keep it charged, it is way cheaper. The official figures for an outlander is 7 litres of petrol for 100km driving. If you do 40km per charge, that's 2.5 charges for 100km.

7 litres of Petrol is about €10. Even with the worlds most expensive electricity a full charge at €2 is still half that cost.

I've a 28% discount with board gais so my charges cost around €1.10 - €1-20 a go. So 2.5 charges is €3.

If you can get a free charge (work or ESB) it gets even more cost effective.

Never mind the Tax saving too. Welcome to the world of pockets stuffed with cash :pac:

One thing which I have found is very annoying....so the app has to be connected via WiFi but has no actual connection to internet

So I’m in car and I have to keep turning off the WiFi or I can’t get emails etc.....

If you go into your phone WiFi and forget the device then I guess you have to go back doing all the 10 lock/unlock buttons....

Not a show stopper but small but annoying

I found the app to be pretty useless the wi-fi goes up. So if I'm down stairs i pretty much have to walk out to the car to use the app. But if I'm in bed on the second floor it connects no problem.

Set up the timers and then don't bother with it.

Sometime i wonder how a huge company can spend so much on a car then get a app made by the transition year student.

• Advertisement

I found the app to be pretty useless the wi-fi goes up. So if I'm down stairs i pretty much have to walk out to the car to use the app. But if I'm in bed on the second floor it connects no problem.

Set up the timers and then don't bother with it.

Sometime i wonder how a huge company can spend so much on a car then get a app made by the transition year student.

The VW version is very good but after 4 years it’s 99 a year.....

stimpson wrote: »
    You can preheat/cool on GX4 and up. The downside is that there is a bug in the timer, so if you use the car timer to charge on night rate and the heat timer to preheat in the morning then your preheat comes from the battery. I use the timer on the Zappi and it works fine - hot (or cool) car in 20 minutes and full battery.

Looking at your numbers you should be fine and use very little ICE. If you don't have the full range, then favour save move on the faster roads and EV in town. I work across town and often go through town instead of M50 as it's shorter distance and the stop/go traffic suits EV much better. I arrive in work with ~45% of battery left after the M50, but 70-75% if I go through town.

Hey I have noticed this bug....how do you set up the timer on the zappi or what is the process you use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Hey I have noticed this bug....how do you set up the timer on the zappi or what is the process you use?

I use a boost timer (from midnight, for 5 hours) and Eco+ to make sure the car is charged in the morning. Then I have another boost timer from 7:15 for 5 hours, so if I remotely start the heater it will draw it from the Zappi. Presumably you can set teh car timer to heat the car for you.

The heater draws more than the Zappi can provide (4kW, vs 3.2kW) so you will still see some drop in charge, but much less than you would otherwise.

If anone has the time to find out which robot have had built his PHEV:
    Amazing people,robots and building techies...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcodOMIg04k&list=PLZ6HGjxediAM80iI8NZGTMn903Aq30GaO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

Anyone know what the latest software and maps version numbers should be for a 162 Outlander?

Switched last week from the Ampera to a 16 4HS... Delighted with it so far. Planning to call in to my local Mitsubishi dealer to check for any missed recalls and would like to make sure they've the latest software on there too

mine is here:

492977.jpg

• Advertisement

rolion wrote: »
    mine is here:

492977.jpg

Thanks rolion... Mine is defo out of date then; software at AI and maps 2015

And now a warranty question for you guys...
    The only issue I can see (aside from old SW/maps) on my 16 Outlander is that the button on the passenger side door handle is broken - you know the one that allows you to lock/unlock the car without taking the fob out of your pocket.

Looks like the button itself has been pushed inside the handle. Is this something that my local dealer should fix under the warranty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Flicking through parkers and came across this one

Is the red leather garish in real life?
    Have heard others saying the interior is quite dark normally....might brighten it up!

phill106 wrote: »
    Flicking through parkers and came across this one

Is the red leather garish in real life?
    Have heard others saying the interior is quite dark normally....might brighten it up!

No thats the very top of the line model....not sure why you have those bright coloursb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭kaahooters

Hey All,

Im thinking of getting one of these, coming from a honda hybrid,bout 5.3l per 100km, however, ill fall out of range for the battery.

commute atm is 85 - 90k round trip (m1 / m50 rushhour so slow going) , i have free charging in work, the odd long trip to cork or donegal, and from what i see id get about 7lper100km on the petrol.

from my maths, ill be about the same fuel usage overall, is this correct?

• Advertisement

kaahooters wrote: »
    Hey All,

Im thinking of getting one of these, coming from a honda hybrid,bout 5.3l per 100km, however, ill fall out of range for the battery.

commute atm is 85 - 90k round trip (m1 / m50 rushhour so slow going) , i have free charging in work, the odd long trip to cork or donegal, and from what i see id get about 7lper100km on the petrol.

How about i3 ( 94 ah ) 33 Kwh Rex ?

Rex for the long runs and battery for everything else, 140-220 Kms on battery alone.

It would be much cheaper to run and the Outlander is a barge , the i3 is a lot of fun, we have both, my OH has the Diesel Outlander.

If you can charge in work you’ll see savings - especially if you’re in stop go traffic. Not sure how much you’ll save over a hybrid though. I average 4.4l/100km with most of my driving on EV and the odd long trip.

Rex for the long runs and battery for everything else, 140-220 Kms on battery alone.

It would be much cheaper to run and the Outlander is a barge , the i3 is a lot of fun, we have both, my OH has the Diesel Outlander.

After driving an Outlander for past few months AND seeing an i3 parked beside it as one of my neighbors have one....never ever !

Fun you are saying !?
    One reason why I didn't go for i3 is YOU doing so so so much "appreciation" of the mini car... just thought is too good to be true .
    There are few things that i dont like in PHEV but i will not raise it on pedestal like an i3 ;)
    Enjoy it .

Hey All,

If you decide to go for one,go for the at least GX4HS model.
    The features,the safety and the comfort beats the km per litres.
    And "the barge" just make it so great when you glide at least 200m in a single shot... so much fun !

I really enjoy the drive rather than worry about chargers availability, location, free or not free, stop to see if OK on the phone mobile app well in advance, wait in the queues.

Now,just charged overnight,morning 40ish available and i really enjoy when i argue with other BEV fcukers about charging the PHEV and feel their misery on the BEV charging.

Have fun ! ;)

Hey All,

So you will do 30km to work on battery and 30km from work on battery. So 2/3 of the distance will be on battery. 1/3 in hybrid mode.

No idea what the ltr/100km are

On a full tank of petrol which cost about 50 quid we got 400 miles last time. That's with the wife, not using the Eco mode.....

After driving an Outlander for past few months AND seeing an i3 parked beside it as one of my neighbors have one....never ever !

Fun you are saying !?
    One reason why I didn't go for i3 is YOU doing so so so much "appreciation" of the mini car... just thought is too good to be true .
    There are few things that i dont like in PHEV but i will not raise it on pedestal like an i3 ;)
    Enjoy it .

Haha, yeah that's what I said until I actually drove one,

Yes it's a lot of fun to drive, mini alright but not as mini as people think. But way more fun than a big barge of an inefficient Outlander.

The reason I recommend the Rex so much is because the Rex has many advantages over a BEV and I actually own one. And believe it or not, not that many people are aware the i3 can be got in PHEV and BEV or the fact it's got much more range on battery than any other BEV and can actually fast charge.

If you choose not to buy the i3 because I recommend it so much then that's just fine by me lol

In terms of driving, well she loves it. I don't mind a spin in it either. We have GX4H. It is well spec'ed for what she wants. heated seats and sun roof are her main requirements.....

I find it really nice to drive as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

i really enjoy when i argue with other BEV fcukers about charging the PHEV and feel their misery on the BEV charging.

giphy.gif

World's angriest man :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭kaahooters

i thought about the i3, and , tbh, its concept annoys me as a vehicle( its a hybrid, but people wont admit it, if the rex isnt there theres no option for a battery to be put in the unused space), and id like something bigger tbh.
    stimpson wrote: »
    If you can charge in work you’ll see savings - especially if you’re in stop go traffic. Not sure how much you’ll save over a hybrid though. I average 4.4l/100km with most of my driving on EV and the odd long trip.

can i ask rougly what millage your doing and getting 4.4l/100km?

the other question is on the bettery, how badly is degredation on the outlander atm? i cant seem to find much on it, if any.

i thought about the i3, and , tbh, its concept annoys me as a vehicle( its a hybrid, but people wont admit it, if the rex isnt there theres no option for a battery to be put in the unused space), and id like something bigger tbh.

How so ? it does what it's intended to do and it does it well. Longest BEV range of any PHEV , and a lot cheaper to run than Outlander PHEV. It's the way Nissan should have gone in the beginning and they would have sold a lot more Leafs.

You wouldn't fit a lot of battery in the space of the rex to be honest.

• Advertisement

Hey All,

I've a 2015 model and get about 34 of my 38km run done on battery. I charge to get home. Round trip is about the 76km mark. So not a million miles off your trip, or not a million kilometers off :)

I think the 2016 model got a bigger battery so you should get right to or at least almost to work. Then charge for home so the round trip costs about 1.20 of electricity compared to €7 on petrol. That adds up over the weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

the other question is on the bettery, how badly is degredation on the outlander atm? i cant seem to find much on it, if any.

x5RJp4s

its a link to a screenshot of phev watch dog 2 of my trips 85-98 km 2.6l/100km or 108 mpg. speed limits were 80/100km selective use of engine for hills etc. https://ibb.co/x5RJp4s

my battery is at 83% for a 5 year old

the other question is on the battery, how badly is degradation on the outlander atm? i cant seem to find much on it, if any.

I do about 1000 miles a month. It can be quite variable as the wife sometimes goes down the country with work. My fills range from 2.67l/100km to 7.8 l/100km (this was the missus doing long trips without charging).

Battery degradation is a long topic, but essentially, the Outlanders BMU is very pessimistic and lots of people find that capacity returns with a BMU reset (users groups have discovered a way to reset the BMU without needing a dealer). My car has 20000 miles and 93% battery health. I have a friend who recently bought a 2014 with 60K miles and he has 92%. It's not mileage related, and may be due to driving style, charging habits or the luck of the draw.

The PHEV watchdog app can check battery health and I would recommend verifying health of any car you are planning to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Geimhreadh

I am looking at buying an Outlander PHEV GX4H 2016 in the near future.

Is servicing such a car seems to mean having to get it to a Mitsubishi garage to ensure the technology involve in the car is looked after properly, has anyone found this to not be the case or do you religiously bring it to a main dealer for service?

Will the 8 year warranty on the batteries carry over from the UK and only with servicing with a Mitsubishi garage?

So far any I ve have driven are reported as ex business vehicle with full Mitsubishi service histories, which might be a good thing if what people earlier in the thread have said about companies buying them for tax reasons and never actually plugging them in.

I see mentions of Phil earlier in the thread who imports, is that a main dealer somewhere?

Also wonder will there be an influence of trade ins for the new 70km model coming next year?

Phil is electric autos in Naas or around Naas. He one of the best around.

Not a mitsu dealer....specialist in electric/hybrid import

Phil is electric autos in Naas or around Naas. He one of the best around.

Not a mitsu dealer....specialist in electric/hybrid import

Nice one. I ll give him a call in the morning. Not to far away.

Geimhreadh wrote: »
    Nice one. I ll give him a call in the morning. Not to far away.

I bought two cars off him and other bits, he is gent

I bought two cars off him and other bits, he is gent

Good to know that's the kind of reassurance I m after.

Looked at one last weekend and the seller was delighted I read up about the be he said he hadn't a clue. Didnt instill confidence in him if anything was wrong with it.

Good to know that's the kind of reassurance I m after.

Looked at one last weekend and the seller was delighted I read up about the be he said he hadn't a clue. Didnt instill confidence in him if anything was wrong with it.

I've also bought two cars from Phil, the most recent a 16 GX4HS - very happy with it. Not had it serviced yet but planning to take it to my local Mitsubishi dealer for services; a) for warranty and b) its a very short walk from my house :)

• Advertisement

Looks like I'll have to settle for a 2015 GX3H, dealer looking for 6k more for a 2016 GX4H.

Does anyone know can you set the system to heat on a timer in the GX3H?

I m thinking all that will be missing will be the
    Sunroof
    Auto tailgate
    Heated leather seats
    Touch screen radio

Just wanted to see am I missing anything else?

Any GX3H owners unhappy with their choice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

gx3h is what I have, its basic and no preheat,

the problem is heat comes from the engine, so petrol consumption goes up, aircon works on the battery.

warranty? I cannot think of anything else.

Whats your commute?

What is the dealer asking for the gx3h?

only thing I would like is more range.

I would buy an older GX4h. I’d rather have the kit over the new shape. The car is essentially the same at the end of the day.

kanuseeme wrote: »
    gx3h is what I have, its basic and no preheat,

the problem is heat comes from the engine, so petrol consumption goes up, aircon works on the battery.

warranty? I cannot think of anything else.

Whats your commute?

What is the dealer asking for the gx3h?

only thing I would like is more range.

40km a day with charging at work.

Asking for 10k plus my own car for 2015 GX3H old style.

Looking for 5k more for the 2016 GX4H new style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

40km a day with charging at work.

Asking for 10k plus my own car for 2015 GX3H old style.

Looking for 5k more for the 2016 GX4H new style.

Looking into same atm, how much is he charging for the 4h?

phill106 wrote: »
    Looking into same atm, how much is he charging for the 4h?

24000 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

24000 euro

Or you could buy my 2015 GX4H, 40k miles, full dealer history, still under warranty until Feb 2020, and a lot less than €24k!

The new style v old style is BS

The battery etc is all the same. Drop down a year and get the GX4h....you know you won’t be happy without it

Dealer knows he will sell the GX4h easier so just pushing you on the smaller spec, tell him you will head off to another dealer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

• Advertisement
Advertisement