Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin County North Event Thread - NO CHAT

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Swords Summer Festival is on this weekend - should be as good as ever :)

Don't forget though, that that means the annual Fingal 10k will be happening on Sunday and as usual there will be traffic restrictions.

20245734_778307739018069_786592778088935844_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Swords Summer Festival is on this weekend - should be as good as ever :)

Don't forget though, that that means the annual Fingal 10k will be happening on Sunday and as usual there will be traffic restrictions.

20245734_778307739018069_786592778088935844_n.jpg

Was down there today with the kids, was a very decent setup with a particularly good and enthusiastic drum group, as well as the main stage and some talented artists. The bit around the castle had plenty of stuff to do, and the pizza from Pomidoro was both excellent tasting and excellent value at €4 for half a 10" pizza.

Well worth taking the family down during the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Rush harbour festival is on this August bank holiday weekend.
    Official opening on Friday after parade from Square to the harbour park.

https://www.facebook.com/whatsoninrush/

https://www.facebook.com/whatsoninrush/photos/a.333353920095322.71004.306384999458881/1265440996886605/?type=1&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

Howth Jazz festival this weekend, music in bars around the town

http://www.jazzireland.ie/jazz-events/special-event/937-howth-jazz-blues-festival-2017.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The inaugural Fingal Fleadh & Fair is taking place this weekend 15th-17th, centred around Swords Castle and with a busking competition on Main Street on Saturday (the street will be closed to traffic).

Details here: http://fingal.ie/news-and-events/events/fingalfleadhandfair2017/

• Advertisement

Don't miss the Fingal Festival of Fire on Tuesday the 31st, the fireworks were brilliant last year.

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/news-and-events/events/fingal-festival-of-fire-tuesday-31st-october-2017/

Big event for anyone interested in Pipe bands.

Swords castle will also host the Fingal championships later in May

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10214709946725502&set=a.2849585721962&type=3&theater

St. Maurs GAA club in Rush are launching a new team this weekend for children with special needs.

It will be called St. Maurs All-Stars and will cater for children and adults from 14 to 20+ I dont have all the details but this Sunday there is a get to know you meet and greet in St Maurs GAA club from 2-3

it sounds like it could be good and is another outlet for families and children. We are already lucky to to have Remember Us and Balbriggan stingers tag rugby team and it is great to see another club giving these special kids a chance to play.

• Company Representative Posts: 43 Verified rep Donabate Portrane Library

Citizens Information "Know your Rights" Roadshow Donabate Library Monday 11th of November 2019

Citizens Information are delighted to announce the launch of the "Know Your Rights" show, in conjunction with Fingal libraries, in support of Fingal Inclusion week during November 2019.

Michela Benassi and Andrew McCann, Development Managers from North Dublin citizens information Service will be coming to a library near you to inform you of the comprehensive free service provided by Citizens Information, as well as telling you ways to either save money or make more money.

Book a place by calling us at 01-890 5609 or email donabate.library@fingal.ie

Bricks4kids Autism Friendly Robotics workshop Monday the 18th of November at 18:30

In this Lego Robotics Build + EV3 Coding Workship, children will work in pairs to build and code a Lego Robotics model in this autism friendly workshop

• Advertisement

E-services information session:
    If you want information on how to use your library card to download e-books, audiobooks, read magazines online or use any of our online services drop in to Donabate library from 18:30- 19:30 this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Swords Castle Christmas market is on this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Have to say I was very disappointed in the Swords Christmas market.
    I though that there would have been a lot more stalls and some along the perimeter wall and not just piled together in the marquee type structure so that you could have a decent stroll about. And then I got the kids Hot Chocolate which was made on water with just a drop of milk at the end ....... YUCK !!!! The kids threw it straight out as it was horrible !!!
    So much potential but very underwhelming I have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Have to say I was very disappointed in the Swords Christmas market.
    I though that there would have been a lot more stalls and some along the perimeter wall and not just piled together in the marquee type structure so that you could have a decent stroll about. And then I got the kids Hot Chocolate which was made on water with just a drop of milk at the end ....... YUCK !!!! The kids threw it straight out as it was horrible !!!
    So much potential but very underwhelming I have to say

I agree, it wasn't a patch on previous years unfortunately. Previous years had a lovely Christmas feel with the snow cannon inside the main entrance etc. I had a buggy with me and it was very difficult to get around.
    The movies in the chapel was really nice though

I didn't bother going this year because it can be hit and miss. The first year I went it was brilliant, then the next year it was rubbish.

Christmas Family Story Time at Donabate library:
    Join at Donabate library for delightful Christmas stories with staff on the 11th of December from 18:30 to 19:45.

Christmas stories from around the world event:
    Donabate Library Monday the 16th of December 15:30- 16:30

Celebrate Christmas by taking a journey back in time with storyteller Róisín Murphy, as she recounts much loved Christmas tales from around the world. These traditional stories that have been passed down through the generations will be sure to warm your heart during this cold season.

Basic Digital Skills Course Donabate Library 10:00-12:00

A 5 week course is starting on Friday covering the basics in ipad, iphone, tablet, smartphone and laptop.

Advertisement