Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We're into the 170's!

Again did we not just reach 199 like yesterday?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

May not taste the best but I want them.
    62239274_2361452644126393_690973032910422016_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQnfH3WFxHnN5TmbcP_NfaxXc--nDsAYyCopIxF6rRkpZBNIc4v1LoppL2rDVJ4GBv8&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=42d0321baeda32ee4dd49e43e5b40d4c&oe=5DBC5409

Yeah I want in!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Loughc wrote: »
    Yeah I want in!

Unlucky for us they're in Wallmart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

What channel is Christmas in July on? We have Virgin TV and I don't think they supply the channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Jude13

I have a channel called 'Christmas 24/7' but just seems to be home alone on all the time, not that it's bad but just too soon for that one for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Jude13 wrote: »
    I have a channel called 'Christmas 24/7' but just seems to be home alone on all the time, not that it's bad but just too soon for that one for me.

Yeah, with you on that. Theres 4 or 5 crimbo films I just have to leave until the build up in November/December, watching them any sooner is just a no no for us.:)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

65440232_2340441039611837_6149632683782701056_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQm7YseAMYcin14IQ_mSbCeT0KzpwvKtghL_tCbVlJRrGLSYeOZSVMyXIZizxY8O97g&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-1.fna&oh=72c96df69af4b786fbaf432eaabfb34c&oe=5D7FACAD

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Happy Christmas in July everyone!!! I am deligted to say that we booked our santa visit for this year. We booked santa in palmerstown house we usually book causey farm but I thought we would try something new this year.

We were in the M50 Christmas Shop yesterday, wife was slagging me because I just walked around with a stupid grin on my face. If you get a chance call in there, it does the Christmas spirit good :)
    Bought a couple of long lengths of cluster lights for the gutters at the front of the house, can't wait to put them up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Never heard of it before must check it out.

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »
    Never heard of it before must check it out.

It's the Beech Vista garden centre off junction 5 on the M50. Their Christmas stock is laid out in a section of their shop year round, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

So just back from a week in the sisters place in Wicklow. We decided to do a phone free week so only checked each night for emergencies etc. There is no WiFi or TV so was a week of fresh air and evenings of board games. Was great and to be honest didn’t miss my phone after the first day or so (missed what was going on here a bit).

Hope everyone keeping well and looking forward to catching up with what I have missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

The evenings seem to be getting shorter. :D

Again did we not just reach 199 like yesterday?

I know, crazy! Nearly into the 160s :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

DenMan wrote: »
    The evenings seem to be getting shorter. :D
    Have not noticed (or maybe I don't want to notice).
    As much as I love Autumn and Christmas, I also love Summer too, and I am trying to savour every related fruit, smell, light.
    My weekly fruit bill is scary !

otnomart wrote: »
    Have not noticed (or maybe I don't want to notice).
    As much as I love Autumn and Christmas, I also love Summer too, and I am trying to savour every related fruit, smell, light.
    My weekly fruit bill is scary !

Agree, the lovely sunny warm weather is very unchristmasy however have loved been in shorts everyday for the last week. Also nothing like fresh fruit on a hot sunny day.

Look what arrived today my new bible

ciara007 wrote: »

Looks fab. Amazon?

ciara007 wrote: »

Looks amazing!

TRS30 wrote: »
    Looks fab. Amazon?

I saw it here saved to my bookmarks for nearer to Christmas!

https://www.gillbooks.ie/food-drink/food-drink/the-irish-countrywomens-association-book-of-christmas

• Advertisement

We're into the 160's!

I saw a post on Instagram from Hallmark saying they are revealing some of their ornaments for 2019 in five day!

We're into the 160's!

I saw a post on Instagram from Hallmark saying they are revealing some of their ornaments for 2019 in five day!

Yeah I’m still thinking we are only in the 190’s... I know I’ve been super busy lately but this year is slipping away... FAST

Yeah I’m still thinking we are only in the 190’s... I know I’ve been super busy lately but this year is slipping away... FAST

Is good and bad, seem to be constantly on the go however will be ‘that’ time of the year before we know it 😄

How cool is that ?
    And Edinburgh is my fave city in the British isles !
    That is my new answer to the question: "if money no object, where would you be at Christmas this year ?

'Home Alone' experience in Edinburgh
    "For the price of £40,000, guests can hire all bedrooms with boozy breakfasts, canapes and Christmas dinner included for up to 40 people from the 23rd to the 27th December.
    Included in the package are 28 stylish rooms, suites and jacuzzi suites over two New Town townhouses, as well as an onsite bar and restaurant."
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/boutique-edinburgh-hotel-offers-home-alone-experience-1-4962010

otnomart wrote: »
    How cool is that ?
    And Edinburgh is my fave city in the British isles !
    That is my new answer to the question: "if money no object, where would you be at Christmas this year ?

'Home Alone' experience in Edinburgh
    "For the price of £40,000, guests can hire all bedrooms with boozy breakfasts, canapes and Christmas dinner included for up to 40 people from the 23rd to the 27th December.
    Included in the package are 28 stylish rooms, suites and jacuzzi suites over two New Town townhouses, as well as an onsite bar and restaurant."
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/boutique-edinburgh-hotel-offers-home-alone-experience-1-4962010

For that kind of money I’d want the man himself (McC not Santa!) to appear...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I'm starting to plan my menu for having the families (mine and his) over the Saturday before Xmas...last year I grossly underestimated how much a teenage boy (his brother) can eat.

I got it from the book depository free delivery too

I saw a post in After Hours saying Penney's is stocking coats/boots!(Probably nothing in the men's section for me tough).

I saw a post in After Hours saying Penney's is stocking coats/boots!(Probably nothing in the men's section for me tough).
    Gosh, I wouldn't try on anything warm these days - even if I got paid to do it !

This is actually the time of year when I don't set foot in clothes shops at all.
    Have been the first days of the Sales, and then I forget about it till the last days of the Sales, when usually have a lazy gander to see what' s left.

Then I don't bother till end Aug-early Sept.

• Advertisement

Yeah I seen a post last night on Facebook about Autumn/Winter season now in stock.

It begins....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement