Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,143 ✭✭✭✭DvB

26 weeks today, we're tipping over the edge here people!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Jude13 wrote: »

I keeping an eye on the 'Let's write a Christmas Story' thread and saving it to read tomorrow in the airport just before my flight home.

Yeah, not sure about the directions that's going in....:D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Don't spoil it! I am sure its all gum drops and snowfall.

I nearly wrote snowball, I'd murder one of those chocolate snowballs right now. I have being getting up each morning for the gym before work and then going again in the evening after work and trying to eat healthy. And a curly wurley, dipped in to a mug of tea.....

Don't spoil it! I am sure its all gum drops and snowfall.

I nearly wrote snowball, I'd murder one of those chocolate snowballs right now. I have being getting up each morning for the gym before work and then going again in the evening after work and trying to eat healthy. And a curly wurley, dipped in to a mug of tea.....

Not a massive choccy fan for most of the year (that goes out the window when the quality street tubs go on sale) but every now & again I get a craving, usually for a Moro or double decker though, I like something chewy with my chocolate!

Those snowballs though, aw man, the absolute business with a cup of tea, its a struggle sticking to only eating the 1 though.

Im not a chocolate person either, more a savory person, haribo being a weak link, but recently I have been craving chocolate.

I was in the airport lounge last week flying back and there is free soft drinks. Last year when I was flying in and out each week I would snag a chocolate milk as my treat for being good all week. Sadly they only have strawberry this year.

Just the smell when you open a tin of quality street. On the home stretch now till we have it again. Can't wait for the odds on white Christmas on the weather forum in August, they love that.

• Advertisement

Just the smell when you open a tin of quality street. On the home stretch now till we have it again.

Love opening that first tub of quality street in the build up, its a landmark moment in itself. That first tub never lasts long in our house though, the 4 of us tend to go overboard on the night of its opening, usually watching strictly or suchlike.
    As you say, not long now.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,234 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I opened a tub of Quality Street last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Im not a chocolate person either, more a savory person, haribo being a weak link, but recently I have been craving chocolate.

I was in the airport lounge last week flying back and there is free soft drinks. Last year when I was flying in and out each week I would snag a chocolate milk as my treat for being good all week. Sadly they only have strawberry this year.

Just the smell when you open a tin of quality street. On the home stretch now till we have it again. Can't wait for the odds on white Christmas on the weather forum in August, they love that.

Jellies would be one of my weakness with biscuits. However at Christmas its Christmas mince, mince pies and Christmas pudding..........mmmmmmm....will try to resist till at least December!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

DvB wrote: »
    Not a massive choccy fan for most of the year (that goes out the window when the quality street tubs go on sale) but every now & again I get a craving, usually for a Moro or double decker though
    Showing your age, still calling a Boost bar a Moro. :pac:

TRS30 wrote: »
    Jellies would be one of my weakness with biscuits. However at Christmas its Christmas mince, mince pies and Christmas pudding..........mmmmmmm....will try to resist till at least December!

Used to hold off until Dec 1st for the mince pies myself, but last year decided sod it, lifes too short to deny myself the little pleasures such as a warm mince pie with a cup of tea/coffee, especially as their available for such a limited time too.

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    Showing your age, still calling a Boost bar a Moro. :pac:

Guilty as charged!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I’ll just finish painting the fence and i’ll take the tree down . It’s about time.

Used to hold off until Dec 1st for the mince pies myself, but last year decided sod it, lifes too short to deny myself the little pleasures such as a warm mince pie with a cup of tea/coffee, especially as their available for such a limited time too.

You're right, might go wild this year and have some for my birthday (October).

20 secs in the microwave and then a big dollop of ice cream.

TRS30 wrote: »
    You're right, might go wild this year and have some for my birthday (October).

20 secs in the microwave and then a big dollop of ice cream.

My personal favourite is a big dollop of Baileys whipped cream... I love that stuff & get one every year for use with mince pies, coffee & christmas pud.

My personal favourite is a big dollop of Baileys whipped cream... I love that stuff & get one every year for use with mince pies, coffee & christmas pud.

Hard to think about mince pies on such a hot sunny day however will try 😂

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Not a massive choccy fan for most of the year (that goes out the window when the quality street tubs go on sale) but every now & again I get a craving, usually for a Moro or double decker though, I like something chewy with my chocolate!

Those snowballs though, aw man, the absolute business with a cup of tea, its a struggle sticking to only eating the 1 though.

Moro’s.... double deckers.... snowballs.... are you me?

This time next month we'll be only weeks away from Brown Thomas Christmas Shop and tubs of sweets!

Loughc wrote: »
    Moro’s.... double deckers.... snowballs.... are you me?

Great minds (& tastebuds) think alike!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I've never tried the Bailey's Whipped Cream - might go rogue this year & try it!

I'm also in the Moro & Double-Decker fan club! Moros are my favourites :D

Baileys whipped cream is amazing, mince pies. coffee, in you porridge.

I am just about to head to the airport after a week in the middle of nowhere. May pic up some Quality street in the duty free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

lycan238 wrote: »
    I had a thought in Dublin today. Should I book the 3rd Thursday in August Annual Leave from work? I believe that is the day Brown Thomas open the Christmas store.
    This time next month we'll be only weeks away from Brown Thomas Christmas Shop and tubs of sweets!

AL request refused. No leave (unless its sick leave or compassionate leave re bereavement) in July or August too busy at work. I did get a week off in September though.

Are you excited yet freshpopcorn?

Are you excited yet freshpopcorn?

A tad excited. I get more excited when stuff starts hitting the shops.
    I find the Summer a tad boring and it's all about saving hay.
    I'm looking forward to the more wintery dinners such as Shepard's pie at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

A tad excited. I get more excited when stuff starts hitting the shops.
    I find the Summer a tad boring and it's all about saving hay.
    I'm looking forward to the more wintery dinners such as Shepard's pie at the moment.

I meant for the BT Shop opening ... but anyway.

We had stew yesterday and today (dad got 4 teeth pulled).

I meant for the BT Shop opening ... but anyway.

Yes I am!

We're into the 170's!

May not taste the best but I want them.
    62239274_2361452644126393_690973032910422016_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQnfH3WFxHnN5TmbcP_NfaxXc--nDsAYyCopIxF6rRkpZBNIc4v1LoppL2rDVJ4GBv8&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=42d0321baeda32ee4dd49e43e5b40d4c&oe=5DBC5409

july-firework-2.jpg

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

It's time I started my preserves for Christmas. :). I didn't do mincemeat last year but might try it this year.

Around this time I start to stock up on wines and other booze, as well as the long life ingredients for the things I'll make over Christmas. And pick up a few vouchers for gifts and all that. Might see if Christmas PJ's are on offer.

I'm halfway through the back to school shopping list and already planning my Halloween party (and costume!)

Into the second half of the year as of today, the year is going so fast its scary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Fair play to you Neyite for all the planning !

This year is flying like a rocket indeed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement