Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Nody wrote: »
    Also this is the final addition to the eggs hatched not listed earlier (though if added up I'm sure it will be lower as I may missed some common / rare once); used up 78 quick hatchers, 1 normal (miss clicks) and no idea how many unlimited (but guesstimating around 30 to 40) for around 260 eggs hatched in the end.
    [
    Annoying part being of the 4 ultra rare spawns I was missing I got 3 duplicates on 5 spawns (3 Wynauts, 2 Chansey)... Upside being I'm ignoring all but 10k eggs now as I got all other spawns out of them I guess.

Wow, fair play to you, thats some amount of hatches, any shinies?

I think this could have been the worst smash and grab ever, too much stuff in eggs and shiney rates far too low.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

syboit wrote: »
    Wow, fair play to you, thats some amount of hatches, any shinies?
    Not a single one from eggs; did catch a shiny Lugia.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Pokemon in raids have changed up again. From what I've read:

Tier 1 - Swablu, Shuppet, Magikarp, Duskull, Snorunt.
    Tier 2 - Mawile, Sneasel, Misdreavus, Sableye.
    Tier 3 - Machamp, Granbull, Pinsir, Jynx, Piloswine, Gengar.
    Tier 4 - Tyranitar, Houndoom, Walrein, Aggron, Absol.

Angron wrote: »
    Pokemon in raids have changed up again. From what I've read:

Tier 1 - Swablu, Shuppet, Magikarp, Duskull, Snorunt.
    Tier 2 - Mawile, Sneasel, Misdreavus, Sableye.
    Tier 3 - Machamp, Granbull, Pinsir, Jynx, Piloswine, Gengar.
    Tier 4 - Tyranitar, Houndoom, Walrein, Aggron, Absol.

Wouldn't mind a good attack houndoom.

Anyone struggling with great throws, recommend 'Mr Mime' or if your lucky enough to find one 'Weepinbell', throwing straight red balls and its easy enough to land 3 or 4 in a row before they run (but you still get the credit).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Completed first Latias raid with 8; easy win but they got the small catch circle and bounce around a whole lot (up/down and then attack circles making sure thrown balls counts as missed while being far back) making them much harder to land balls by comparison to Lugia which was close to impossible to miss. Will get them over time I'm sure but were you'd easily be 95%+ hit rate with Lugia I'd guess 70%+ on these guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Latias with Outrage - R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Funkyjaw

Howdy, do anyone know if there is a what’s app raiding group? Love to get in on the action, I’m lvl 31 and can’t take down and legends solo! Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Funkyjaw wrote: »
    Howdy, do anyone know if there is a what’s app raiding group? Love to get in on the action, I’m lvl 31 and can’t take down and legends solo! Help!

What area are you in? There are no 'official' groups, just local ones.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Wouldn't mind a good attack houndoom.

Anyone struggling with great throws, recommend 'Mr Mime' or if your lucky enough to find one 'Weepinbell', throwing straight red balls and its easy enough to land 3 or 4 in a row before they run (but you still get the credit).
    I'm hoping I might finally get a decent Sneasel, Misdreavus, or Duskull though I'm not expecting their gen 4 evolutions to be that great.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,638 ✭✭✭✭josip

Anyone else enjoy seeing someone battle a well stocked gym you're in, spending at least 5 minutes beating everyone twice and then remotely golden razzing it back up to 10,000 CP+?
    It's my inner child.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

josip wrote: »
    Anyone else enjoy seeing someone battle a well stocked gym you're in, spending at least 5 minutes beating everyone twice and then remotely golden razzing it back up to 10,000 CP+?
    It's my inner child.

I do love doing that myself!!

Was in the US 2 days ago so got to have a 3 Lugia raids before 3pm there then got a final Lugia raid with at least 25 others (all physically present) at 3,40pm before walking with a dozen of them to get our first Latios hatching at 4,06pm. (Change happened at 3pm there)
    15 ppl there at hatch and so many spoofers that between the 15 we were spread amongst 3 separate groups of 20!

Enroute to 1st Latios we saw 2 more eggs so I popped a lucky egg and got all 3 raids within the 30 mins. Got in another before having to leave for airport.
    Caught 1 out of 4, it moves around a lot. Reminds me of Moltres (I think!)

Haven’t got myself to a Latias raid yet, hope to get a chance after the weekend (working)

Regarding the quests Im on the Ditto level, I can see myself being here for a while! Don’t let me down Go+!!!
    Prob won’t finish the Field Research chain until next week either.

362/368 (still to ‘see’ Wynaut, Latias and Mew)

Anyone experienced that drift was reduced by using incense? Drifted nearly 2km in two hours (usually I never drift at home!) then used incense and the drift halted.

Can't say I've ever noticed that.

Went in to town for a bit earlier, only thing of note was hatching another Chimecho. Did see a Latias raid, but not enough players around as usual. Still, gonna head up to Dublin on Saturday if the weather is decent, so hopefully I'll get a few raids in, as well as find a few more Karp for the Mew quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

For Latias - it can be done with 5 players (even semi-casual ones) - we did one with 5 and beat it with 51 seconds on the clock.

With 4 people you need to bring dragons and only dragons (even if it has dragon claw/outrage). Max revive your first team and go with them again (you might need to do round 3 depending on the strength of everyone's teams).

It has been done with 3 people also (even dragon breath/outrage moveset) - but that's pretty much 6 maxed dragons - might be easier with a weather boost however.

Dragons are key against Latias - Ttar (dark), Mewtwo (ghost) come a distant second in terms of dps. A level 27 dragon tail/outrage Rayquaza roughly outputs the same damage as a level 40 shadowball Mewtwo.

Currently I'm 3/3 for Latias - I expect that number to fall as raids continue :D - one final tip - it's so small that sometimes you can throw your curveball over the pokemon when it's in its middle position.

Just cracked my 7 day field research package, xp+dust guaranteed, extra reward was random , mine was 20 pokeballs!

Not sure if the encountered mon can flee, but pinap+ultra , got it on third try. 96% but level 15, 1393cp.

I missed the first day of the 7 day thing, so I won't be hitting my Moltres until the 6th. Hope I get a good one.

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Currently I'm 3/3 for Latias - I expect that number to fall as raids continue :D - one final tip - it's so small that sometimes you can throw your curveball over the pokemon when it's in its middle position.
    I’m definitely guilty of that, missed repeatedly over its head or under it as it rose up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Is that park pokemon message a worldwide blanket one, I never see anything new or strange in my local ones when it pops up every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,638 ✭✭✭✭josip

Caught a ditto today :)
    I'm on step 4/8 in the Special :(

Is that park pokemon message a worldwide blanket one, I never see anything new or strange in my local ones when it pops up every so often.

You can check tge silph road world atlas to see what nests are near you - nests change every 2 weeks on thursday (my local houndour nest changed to pidgey(!) And pinsir became chikorita)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Funkyjaw

mcgovern wrote: »
    What area are you in? There are no 'official' groups, just local ones.

Im in Dublin city center! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Just cracked my 7 day field research package, xp+dust guaranteed, extra reward was random , mine was 20 pokeballs!

Not sure if the encountered mon can flee, but pinap+ultra , got it on third try. 96% but level 15, 1393cp.

Someone on reddit threw over thirty normal balls at it and it didn't run away, so it's PROBABLY a 100% catch rate, assuming you don't run out of balls.

I was delighted to get it as it was the one legendary I was missing. Now I'm just walking the fins off a Gyarados to get Mew.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Funkyjaw wrote: »
    Im in Dublin city center! ��

The "Pokémon Go Dublin" group on facebook has links to the whatsapp and telegram chats for the city centre.

Someone on reddit threw over thirty normal balls at it and it didn't run away, so it's PROBABLY a 100% catch rate, assuming you don't run out of balls.

Consensus in a couple of city FB groups I’m in is that it’s 0% flee rate.

I was delighted to get it as it was the one legendary I was missing. Now I'm just walking the fins off a Gyarados to get Mew.

Missing Ho-Oh myself, so can't wait for that one to roll around.

:o never realised that parks message was for nest change

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

:o never realised that parks message was for nest change

Hang your head in shame! :P

Tenger wrote: »
    Consensus in a couple of city FB groups I’m in is that it’s 0% flee rate.

In fact it seems that all encounter pokemon can't flee...I've not had any run on me anyway (and in fact caught a 100% eevee from one encounter) I've stopped razzberrying them now - still haven't had one run.

Yeah, I've never had one run either, best I've gotten was a 98% Numel though.

• Advertisement

Earth day event at waterville beach April 22nd

https://pokemongolive.com/en/events/earth-day/

Advertisement