Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I know a few people had issues with season passes from us store, anyone know if the deus ex one will work on my Irish account. Extra 2 euro for the 2 dlc packs and extra goodies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,124 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I know a few people had issues with season passes from us store, anyone know if the deus ex one will work on my Irish account. Extra 2 euro for the 2 dlc packs and extra goodies.

It should work as they are separate downloads. The only games that you would have issues with are any multiplayer games as content is tied to account. Easiest way to know is to check if dlc has a file size.

It should work as they are separate downloads. The only games that you would have issues with are any multiplayer games as content is tied to account. Easiest way to know is to check if dlc has a file size.

Cool will check that thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Incorrect.

That's why it was a tenner 2 months after it came out :pac:

Cool will check that thanks.

Yupp Eoin, checked my Irish account, started the game and had the 2 dlc expansions as well as the bonus mission with the season pass. I think i have to get to my safe house to check stash to see if i get all the starting goodies.

To go back on topic, Trials Rising Gold (with season pass) is 22 euro in Argos. Wish i waited to get that instead of the base game.

Yupp Eoin, checked my Irish account, started the game and had the 2 dlc expansions as well as the bonus mission with the season pass. I think i have to get to my safe house to check stash to see if i get all the starting goodies.

To go back on topic, Trials Rising Gold (with season pass) is 22 euro in Argos. Wish i waited to get that instead of the base game.

Great news. Another thing to remember, if you had previously played a game via physical copy and wanted to purchase digital version you would need to buy from Irish store as game saves are region locked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭chonix

Great news. Another thing to remember, if you had previously played a game via physical copy and wanted to purchase digital version you would need to buy from Irish store as game saves are region locked
    I'm going a bit offtopic but:

Hmmm, I wonder if you can't access your saves cause you've been playing in the profile from the store you bought the game or if the game is region locked.

I knew that the saves are profile-locked (so if you've got three profiles, each with a different PSN store region, you'll have three different save states of a game if you play it in the three profiles. Same would be if you try to copy to USB a save file then importing in another profile, you won't be able to see the save to import)

Have you tried playing the game you downloaded in the same profile you've installed the physical copy? That should trigger/use the same save file

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I got the loan of a copy of Far Cry 3 on the PS3 off a friend before buying a digital copy from the store - his copy was from an Irish store and I bought through the Irish part of the Playstation store. I couldn't access the progress I had saved with the physical copy and had to restart the game when playing the digital copy. The issue wouldn't have been that they were region locked in that instance and I wonder is it a common thing with games.

chonix wrote: »
    I'm going a bit offtopic but:

Hmmm, I wonder if you can't access your saves cause you've been playing in the profile from the store you bought the game or if the game is region locked.

I knew that the saves are profile-locked (so if you've got three profiles, each with a different PSN store region, you'll have three different save states of a game if you play it in the three profiles. Same would be if you try to copy to USB a save file then importing in another profile, you won't be able to see the save to import)

Have you tried playing the game you downloaded in the same profile you've installed the physical copy? That should trigger/use the same save file

It's never happened to me as I generally buy digital and any game that I would have bought physical, I would still have it. I had seen it being mentioned on reddit or somewhere so thought I'd mention it here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

njcarey wrote: »

Got lucky and got a copy.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Very tempted by the Bioshock Collection for €9. I've played them all, but for €9 it's nearly worth getting again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

Very tempted by the Bioshock Collection for €9. I've played them all, but for €9 it's nearly worth getting again.

Honestly I'd say do it, it can just be a game you play every so often for just 9 quid! I replayed last of us over last few weeks, so good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Is there a way you can filter these by game only rather than churn through the add ons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭Jacovs

duploelabs wrote: »
    Is there a way you can filter these by game only rather than churn through the add ons?

Top right "hide dlc".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

duploelabs wrote: »

Click the Hide DLC button (top right of the page on mobile version)

Do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,224 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Would you kindly buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭hank scorpio89

Bought the bioshock collection on the last sale for 12 quid i think...finished the first and really enjoyed it(never played any of them before).ive been reading into the games and apparently 2 is not so good??.would i be better of just getting stuck into infinite?which i believe is the best of the lot?

Bought the bioshock collection on the last sale for 12 quid i think...finished the first and really enjoyed it(never played any of them before).ive been reading into the games and apparently 2 is not so good??.would i be better of just getting stuck into infinite?which i believe is the best of the lot?

The first one is without doubt the best of them. I'd place it well above 2 and Infinite. 2 is kind of more of the same - which isn't necessarily as bad thing - and Infinite gets very mixed reviews from players. Some like it but some absolutely detest it. I'd say continue on with 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

I'd definitely not skip over 2, I thought it was very good and as said above, I think the main complaint was that it didn't change up too much from the original. Its still a very good game.

On the other hand, I'm one of those people who Infinite just didn't click with. Played until about halfway through and tried to force myself to like it and ended up losing interest in gaming for about 3 years after it, but I wouldn't blame that solely on Infinite, I was just getting tired of the whole thing in general at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

I never played 1 or 2 but played Infinite when it was free on plus on PS3. I loved it but this is possibly because I never played the other two, as I read of mixed reviews from other players. I also watched a video on YouTube which showed some of the interesting gameplay mechanics that were shown in early development but were stripped from the final game for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭hank scorpio89

Cheers guys..i reckon ill give 2 a bash then before diving into infinite.😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,310 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The Minerva's Den dlc for 2 is meant to be really good. I assume it's included in the collection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

CastorTroy wrote:
    The Minerva's Den dlc for 2 is meant to be really good. I assume it's included in the collection?

It is as is the dlc for infinite (both are probably better than the main games!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

CastorTroy wrote: »

I recall looking for it in the collection but couldn't see it, or find out how to start it if it is there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,310 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I recall looking for it in the collection but couldn't see it, or find out how to start it if it is there.

Just looked it up and seems to be under "extras" in the main menu of Bioshock 2

Sound. I might play that over the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,224 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Burial at Sea, Infinite's DLC, is fantastic.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Burial at Sea, Infinite's DLC, is fantastic.

I might go back to it in 42 years after AC Odysee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I got it today, serious bargain and 2 lovely games to replay if I get bored. I say 2, because 3 just didn't click with me either. I finished it, but I can't recall anything from it, which is usually a sign I didn't enjoy it. But I'm looking at it as free with the purchase of Bioshock 1 & 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Infinite is grand but not overly memorable for me either, though Burial at Sea is really good, worth getting the game for that alone. Minerva's Den for Bioshock 2 is genuinely better than the game itself (though I do like Bioshock 2).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

GameStop trade in list updated, valid for the next month https://www.gamestop.ie/trade-list

Argos Deals:

Vampyr - 20 euro (Well worth it, loved it.)
    Kingdom Come Deliverance - 17 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Rage 2 down to 35 in symths.

Humble bundle indie playstation rebundle available for those with a US PSN
    https://www.humblebundle.com/games/indie-playstation-rebundle-2019?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=indiepsrebundle_announce

$1 Tier

Grim Fandango: Remastered, Bard's Tale: Remastered, InnerSpace

Beat the Average

Layers of Fear, Wasteland 2, Talos Principle, Broken Age

$15+

Killing Floor 2, Shadow Warrior 2

Humble bundle indie playstation rebundle available for those with a US PSN
    https://www.humblebundle.com/games/indie-playstation-rebundle-2019?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=indiepsrebundle_announce

$1 Tier

Grim Fandango: Remastered, Bard's Tale: Remastered, InnerSpace

Beat the Average

Layers of Fear, Wasteland 2, Talos Principle, Broken Age

$15+

Killing Floor 2, Shadow Warrior 2

Don't waste your money.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Don't waste your money.

Wasn’t going to get it anyway, only posted it just in case anybody interested. But yeah its a very bad list of games

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

$15 for Wasteland 2, Killing Floor 2, Shadow Warrior 2, Grim Fandango is a great deal. No idea about the other games, but those ones at least are good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The Talos Principal is quite a decent puzzler too - similar to The Witness, a bit, or The Witness is similar to it, since Talos came first.

I think I'm getting a bit burnt out at this stage. I don't see anything interesting there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭chonix

Odin's Sphere at 10GBP @ UK PSN is not a bad price

Any thoughts on Watch Dogs 2? Tempted to give it a lash before the new comes out. PSN sale has standard edition at €15, gold edition at €22

• Advertisement

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Watch Dogs 2? Tempted to give it a lash before the new comes out. PSN sale has standard edition at €15, gold edition at €22

It's really good. Well worth it.

It's really good. Well worth it.

worth the extra squids for the gold edition?

Depends on whether you have a tendency to get burnt out on Ubisoft, open-world games or not. I enjoyed the game but it takes a fair while to finish and I had no inclination to get any of the DLC after finishing the main game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,044 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

It is.

Depends on whether you have a tendency to get burnt out on Ubisoft, open-world games or not. I enjoyed the game but it takes a fair while to finish and I had no inclination to get any of the DLC after finishing the main game.

I didn't even finish it, I enjoyed it but dunno just haven't gone back, same for the new AC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement