Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Resident Evil 3 REmake

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Ordered this and FF7 from Amazon a while back. Hoping Amazon is a big enough beast to still be operating as normal to deliver the goods.

Amazon are not delivering anything but essential items Until at least 22nd April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Any thoughts on the next remake?

I'd love to see a RE4 remake, it's true that its more of an action game but the fact that its widely considered the best of the series surely its a certainty that they will do it. I'd happily buy a RE code veronica remake but that game may not have as much love as 2 and 3. You know if RE3 is as good as the RE2 remake maybe they should finish the umbrella story with a game set in umbrellas headquarters in Paris... ok I realise that's difficult with how RE3 ends but then again convoluted storylines is something Capcom are known for... or they could just do a RE4 remake are make everyone happy

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Have heard quite abit of info about rhat has me very worried about how this games gonna turn out,will try to be optimistic as the og re3 is my fav game in the series

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Greyfox wrote:
    I'd love to see a RE4 remake, it's true that its more of an action game but the fact that its widely considered the best of the series surely its a certainty that they will do it. I'd happily buy a RE code veronica remake but that game may not have as much love as 2 and 3. You know if RE3 is as good as the RE2 remake maybe they should finish the umbrella story with a game set in umbrellas headquarters in Paris... ok I realise that's difficult with how RE3 ends but then again convoluted storylines is something Capcom are known for... or they could just do a RE4 remake are make everyone happy

I think code Veronica deserves a remake,it has the best horror atmoy of the entire series imo,very silent hill like.they could rework steve so hes not such a dope,make it so you can't lock yourself out of progression, hope they would keep Alfred bat**** though he's a fav character for me.

All in all though like the remake code Veronica really never got to shine on it's original release,i think with some changes and being remade in re engine it would find a new audience

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,836 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Code Veronica needs a remake more than resi 4. Resi 4 is still one of the very best action games ever made were as I feel code Veronica is one of the weaker old school resis.

That or zero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Code Veronica needs a remake more than resi 4. Resi 4 is still one of the very best action games ever made were as I feel code Veronica is one of the weaker old school resis.

That or zero.

A lot of people are torn on CV, some people seemed to really hate it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,836 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Vicxas wrote: »
    A lot of people are torn on CV, some people seemed to really hate it.

I dont hate code Veronica but once those at the time gorgeous dreamcast visuals dated the base game isn't as good as the better games in the series.

• Moderators Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Azza

Well if anyone wants to know what Resident Evil would look like in 2D here's your answer :D

When are reviews out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

I know Re1 has been remastered already but what about total remake of that. Im playing through it again at the moment. I still love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

When are reviews out?

4pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Just got my shipping confirmation from GameStop. I would be delighted if that's here tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cancel yer pre-orders, Gamespot gave it a 6/10 :)

Still probably gonna be a fairly good game.

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/resident-evil-3-remake-review-in-progress/1900-6417441/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

6 Hours long, christ thats short

Kotaku review is up: https://kotaku.com/resident-evil-3-the-kotaku-review-1842559850

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Cheekpieces

Poor reviews all round

• Advertisement

All reviews being negative about the 6 hour play time.

For me that's a massive positive. All killer no filler and pretty sure Resident Evil 2 was the same length once you took out the second playthrough.

• Moderators Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Azza

RE3 Nemesis was a shorter game than RE2 was anyway.

Even regardless of the scores and length I'm sure I'll like it and replay it on the harder difficulty modes which apparently mix things up like enemy and item placements.

Will give Resistance a shot as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The original RE3 was only 6ish hours too, iirc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I always remember it as a shorter game but one you'd play multiple times to try unlock the different weapons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

How long was RE2 Remake? Feel like Leon and Claire's main playthroughs were 8-10 hours each?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,218 ✭✭✭✭Penn

J. Marston wrote: »
    How long was RE2 Remake? Feel like Leon and Claire's main playthroughs were 8-10 hours each?

Think I got through the first playthrough in just under 7 hours. But it did have 4 different scenarios to play through (similar as they were) whereas RE3 doesn't.

My first playthrough was 6 hours.

It feels longer.

Any word on extra scenarios being added and mercenaries like in remake 2?

I mean mercenaries is why resi 3 is fondly remembered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,287 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

If it's anywhere near as good as RE2 I don't care about the length. The 2nd scenario on RE2 didn't necessarily add much to the games in my experience, just an excuse to replay it really.

I've been replaying RE2 for trophies so I've already replayed it several times regardless of what character or replay modes there is.

Still looking forward to this, I haven't been this excited about a game since RDR2. I was never a Resident Evil fan but RE2 was just so good. Currently doing S-Rank runs.

I just don't have anywhere to buy it...

Edit: I see Amazon have it listed now, let's see how long it takes with free shipping.

It feels longer.

I think they've just abandoned Mercenaries in favour of the 4v1 Resistance game. I image there'll be some form of extra scenarios like with RE2 though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Karak from ACG has a review up. Watching now in anticipation. He's very harsh but always fair in his reviews:

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Poor reviews all round

It has an average of 80 from over 40 reviews

So no they are not poor all round

Re3 remake same length as original

Some Reviewers moan

Gtfo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

It has an average of 80 from over 40 reviews

So no they are not poor all round

80 on Metacritic.

Absolute worthless garbage confirmed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Karak from ACG has a review up. Watching now in anticipation. He's very harsh but always fair in his reviews:

Disappointed about the length to be honest. That said, I've preordered the thing so it's too late now. Should be fun at the very least.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Disappointed about the length to be honest. That said, I've preordered the thing so it's too late now. Should be fun at the very least.

giphy.gif

It feels longer.

None of that was revealed for a few weeks after launch the last time

I'd suspect the same here

Unfortunately for me my collectors edition is click and collect in gamestop so won't be playing this for a while

Gutted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

It was never as good as RE2 in the first place but unlike RE2 this remake is full price justified with what looks like a tacked on multiplayer that nobody was asking for. A few reviews I have read or watched mentioned it has less puzzles and locations than the original while the decisions that were in the original aren't there now.
    ACG gave a good review of it, the general consensus seems to be its a drop off in quality from RE2 except IGN who's attempt at getting a box quote is saying its just as good as its predecessor. Yeah, I'm sure it is. ;)

The original resident evil 3 was insanely short so I think it's nostalgia speaking for people remembering the original and it had some annoying puzzles. It was 3 hours. Maybe 4 at most.

Same complaint from Gamestop. They've given it a 6.

Just a general comment but I'm finding there has been an incredible amount of nitpicking in the general gaming community over the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

If people are complaining about the length, clearly they've never played a Resident Evil game before. RE3 was notoriously short but loved by the speedrun community. Still looking forward to Friday, my favourite game as a kid being finally reimagined. :)

You've just been listening to me too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm not buying straight away as I've to much to play at the minute but it'll be a great buy in a month or two at a reduced price.

• Advertisement

On the upside, I suppose I can always give Revelations 2 & RE7 a go at last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

RE games are usually short anyway. It's no big surprise.

Reviews definitely don't seem as positive as RE2, but I'll still play it anyway. Need something to take my mind off the virus and near empty shelves in shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just a general comment but I'm finding there has been an incredible amount of nitpicking in the general gaming community over the last few months.

people have opinions, unfortunately the internet puts them in places we can see them

gimli2112 wrote: »
    people have opinions, unfortunately the internet puts them in places we can see them

Ah no, I get that. It's discussion. And that's not aimed at anyone directly. Just something I've noticed.

Tbh we have been spoilt recently so maybe that's the reason!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

An entire playthrough + ending has been leaked. Capcom have been taking down the videos. Will post with spoiler warning if I find a mirror.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

An entire playthrough + ending has been leaked. Capcom have been taking down the videos. Will post with spoiler warning if I find a mirror.

giphy.gif

Exactly. Just don't post it at all.

To preview more of the game? Entertainment? Curiosity? Why else does anyone watch videos of people playing video games :confused: I'd personally love to have a scrub through the timeline and see how some gameplay elements are handled later on. I wouldn't watch the whole thing, though.

Unfortunately I can't find the gameplay I wanted. Only the ending if anyone cares. Haven't watched it myself. Spoiler alert: https://youtu.be/-b2wAT4dFjA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,287 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Games don't need to be a specific length for the sake of it. As long as they're good that's all that matters. 6 hours is on the shorter side but it isn't a negative point. The fact that it's more expensive and there's less to do is a fair criticism though. Realistically most people have a backlog of games, movies and TV shows to catch up on so I appreciate it not being 10 hours for the sake of it. I'm sure most people will play the game more than once anyway.

I haven't seen Nemesis mentioned much, I'm worried about it being a pain in the ass. As much as I liked the stress of Mr X, it did get in the way of me enjoying the game sometimes. Nemesis seems to be much tougher, I just hope it doesn't ruin the fun for me.

I saw someone infinitely dodging him in the demo. If you have good reaction time it actually seems less scary than X. If this is how it is in the final version I don't think you have much to worry about there. Didn't try that myself though because I uninstalled the demo before I even saw Nem.

I think it's shorter because of the online mode. That definitely eats up time and budget. I'll also wager that this title will have have more DLC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement