Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 3 REmake

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

How did people get the launcher? I've done it 3 times and am a way off getting it.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Where did you get it for 46 quid? It's on the store for 60

Got it from Green man gaming.
    SMC92Ian wrote: »
    How did people get the launcher? I've done it 3 times and am a way off getting it.

I got it last of the unlocks and at that point I had to complete all the records. If you skip some of the other infinite ammo weapons you could get it quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,293 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Farm for points. Look at Records and see what challenges you can complete. I did an Assisted play through and made saves at the power station (get shotgun kills against the spiderthings), the hospital siege (assault rifle and handgun kills) and the lab with the pale heads (Mag and Grenade launcher kills). It really doesn't take long, 5-10 runs of each should do it if you've already done 3 playthroughs. Get the collectables during the run too if you can.

Just finished inferno. Last boss was a goddamn d*ckhead. Just a no box run left for the platinum, then I might try hardcore etc without the rocket launcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Save at the hospital before Carlos has to defend Jill on assisted the best place to farm a lot of kills

You can make about 30000 points here alone the catch is it takes abit but well worth it to unlock the launcher for the nemesis boss on inferno and nightmare difficult

Platinumed over the weekend. Got it with a no box assisted run. Went to buy everything in the shop and realised I just needed two more challenges to get enough points (they don't all contribute to the platinum). Just had to kill 3 more zombies with a handgun and get the Fuggedaboutit challenge (which I had to google as there's no description), so finished it off just to have everything done.

Might give it a break for a while, other stuff to be getting on with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I was gonna do the no box run but forgot I had to open the box to get my launcher so that's out the window.

I was gonna do the no box run but forgot I had to open the box to get my launcher so that's out the window.

It's pretty easy on Assisted. You get 4 extra inventory slots from the start, an assault rifle, and theres ammo everywhere for when you need to drop some to make inventory space for a bit. Just dont get the upgrades which will make pistol or shotgun take 2 spaces, don't take the burst-fire pistol or Mag (you won't need either anyway) and you shouldn't need to carry any more than 2 heals (even then you could get away with one for most of it then bringing two into boss fights). Also, standard zombies pretty much all go down in three shots, then another head shot will stop them getting back up. Just make sure you pick up all other hip pouches (including the one from the jewel boxes, you might need to go back to it if your inventory is filling up with two of them, then go back with the last jewel box after getting the bolt cutters).

It's far easier than RE2 as there are fewer key items to be carried about at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Azza wrote: »
    I basically completed 4 runs of the game, on Hardcore, Nightmare, Assisted and Inferno mode, an unlocked all achievements in 27 hours of game time.

My first playthrough on hardcore mode was the most difficult and time consuming because I didn't know what I was doing. Nightmare and Inferno modes where actually much easier due to item and weapon unlocks, with the exception of the final boss who is extremely difficult on both Nightmare and Inferno modes where he all but 1 hit kills you and you really have to learn his patterns and get the dodge timings down.

I played assisted mode just to hover up achievements, also spent just under an hour grinding kills for record unlocks.

I might do one more run on Inferno with no item/weapon unlocks for a bit of challenge. But done with it after that.

Overall I got my value out of the €46 euro I payed and that's without touching RE Resistance.

I think replays with increasing difficulties and gimmicks like 'no saves' don't equate to replay value the way multiple endings do.
    I only paid 30 for my copy and still feel a little deflated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I think replays with increasing difficulties and gimmicks like 'no saves' don't equate to replay value the way multiple endings do.
    I only paid 30 for my copy and still feel a little deflated.

Speaking of it's now 29.99 on PS STORE.
    I say it will be 20 euro soon enough in bricks and mortar stores. I will pick it up myself then.

On a side-note, I don't think many games are worth full price. Paid for a lot of games over the years at full and meh to that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Speaking of it's now 29.99 on PS STORE.
    I say it will be 20 euro soon enough in bricks and mortar stores. I will pick it up myself then.
    €35 in smyths iirc
    On a side-note, I don't think many games are worth full price. Paid for a lot of games over the years at full and meh to that :p
    Fair point, but re2 remake had so much by comparison

• Advertisement
Advertisement