Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World - II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    Down 3lb today so got my stone :)

Boom!! You’re doing great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Loughc wrote: »
    Boom!! You’re doing great :)

Thanks, as I said in the Christmas forum this was the first day I noticed it clothes wise. Still don’t see any difference in the mirror but will get there.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hiyooo! Hope ye are all bossing it this weekend :) oh good news this week! -3½ and picked up the GREATEST LOSER AWARD! (8st10½ total) More relieved than happy because I worked real hard this week and my body seems to bloat something awful if I step off plan for a few hours :D 4lbs away from my lowest weight. Gunning for it!

I've two bits of advice this week:

1) Spend syns making regular food more indulgent!
    Eg Mayflower curry sauce with free chips; sprinkle grape nuts on yogurt for that crunch; spag bol - Plate up, then add olive oil (1 tsp = 2 syns). It's a slippery richness that scratches an itch for oil while still being on plan (might curb that takeaway urge).

2) Have your syns before 8pm!
    This tackles a personal problem, snacking late into the night, even til 2am. I've been keeping to this rule for the past 2 weeks and it's been working well, curbing that! Still have fruit and fat-free yogurt, tea etc; and I still have whatever syn treats, but just earlier in the day. And having it earlier tells my body "nah I've had that already" and so danger time (post-dinner) I'm not looking for that fix!

Thanks for reading this far! Bonus oblig pic with my counsellor Sarah, she's the best! Here in Bettystown, she's cultivated such a fun, supportive and positive group, always bustling with ideas, insight and motivation :) kick butt this week guys and gals

5iOyJvN.jpg

Well done Jay!

Well done Jay!

Thank u! How's next week for u? Anything ur looking forward to making?

I saw Stephen's Green Shopping Centre Dunnes has a sushi range (ooh la la Mr fancy pants!) and thought on a day where u use less syns, it'd be a decent healthy treat. Any thoughts on these?

gLiXVAV.jpg

(They're not in the app so I ran them through the syn calculator with chicken/prawn as free food - although it should be lower as rice is there too)

• Advertisement

Looks nice. Had a frozen aero mousse tonight with melted biscoff spread and a biscoff biscuit crumpled over it - was about 7/8 syns and was delicious!!

Ha ha, next time snap a pic so I can seeeeee! (Imgur are a great free hosting service)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WannabeSlim

Well done jaykhunter!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

Week one on SW and I was down 6.5lbs on Saturday :)

Well done Jay, that's awesome!

Well done Sparkles!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

jaykhunter wrote: »
    2) Have your syns before 8pm!
    This tackles a personal problem, snacking late into the night, even til 2am. I've been keeping to this rule for the past 2 weeks and it's been working well, curbing that! Still have fruit and fat-free yogurt, tea etc; and I still have whatever syn treats, but just earlier in the day. And having it earlier tells my body "nah I've had that already" and so danger time (post-dinner) I'm not looking for that fix!

I think this is the single greatest piece of advise I have heard since starting SW thankyou! That makes so much sense for someone like me who's danger period is 8pm onwards. Too easy to sit in front of the fire watching TV mindlessly nibbling so I am definitely going to implement this!

On another note, Im currently battling with myself not to go to the vending machine and buy a big bar of chocolate! One of those days when my fruit just hasnt cut it but weigh in is tmw!!

Well done Sparkles!

0.5lb down last night, at least its going in the right direction. Total of 17.5lb in 9 weeks, delighted with that :D

Gonna be hard to stay on plan with no group!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Gonna be hard to stay on plan with no group!

I immediately went off group as soon as it was announced it was closed. I’m 100% an emotional eater and all the panic and uncertainty triggered the f out of me. I’m gonna track everything for the rest of the week.

Yea we’ve tried to be good so hopefully won’t do too much damage in the meantime

Was good Monday to Wed, weighed in at home and down half a pound, I think for now I'll be good Monday to Friday and then ignore syns on the weekend. :P

2lb down this week. Has anyone done the virtual SW group yet? We had one yesterday, really not sure about it. It was great to see leader and everyone and hear how they were getting on. But it just felt very strange.

2lb down this week. Has anyone done the virtual SW group yet? We had one yesterday, really not sure about it. It was great to see leader and everyone and hear how they were getting on. But it just felt very strange.

On of the girls put it up about it in our WhatsApp group but we haven't heard anything from our Consultant.

What way did it work? Is it an app?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

My fiancee's group done it via Zoom app on Monday, better than nothing and keeps her focused.

On of the girls put it up about it in our WhatsApp group but we haven't heard anything from our Consultant.

What way did it work? Is it an app?

Yes Zoom app here too, you download app and consultant sends you a meeting invite. Its free for first two weeks and then they are charging €4 but our consultant wasn't sure how payment could be made yet, she mentioned Paypal and Revolut as possible options. The idea is you weigh in yourself at home, send your consultant the weigh in results and they record it on your slimming world account so its all there for you whenever we get back to normal meetings (including any awards due). Then you have meeting with your consultant and I think up to 23 others for some moral support. We had one last week and it was mostly just everyone learning how to use Zoom and saying how they got on the previous week and then the consultant gave some tips to stay on track.

• Advertisement

Down 1.5lb this week. We have a Whatsapp group but our consultant has been very quiet on it lately.

Well done kitten_k!

I'm also down 1.5lb this week, if I was in group I would have got my 1.5 stone award. I'm delighted with that. I am drinking loads of water and getting out walking a lot more (within 2k lol) The kids have eaten most of the snacks here so temptation is less!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Griselda

Well done all.

Well done kitten_k!

I'm also down 1.5lb this week, if I was in group I would have got my 1.5 stone award. I'm delighted with that. I am drinking loads of water and getting out walking a lot more (within 2k lol) The kids have eaten most of the snacks here so temptation is less!

You will be able to collect your rewards when you go back.

Down another 1.5lb this week so 20.5 overall. Made a homemade spice bag for dinner today, was yummy

Well done on the loss kitten_k. Spice bag looks delicious!

I was down another 1lb this week, happy its still going in the right direction :D

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Anyone done SW online?

Well done on the loss kitten_k. Spice bag looks delicious!

I was down another 1lb this week, happy its still going in the right direction :D

Well done to you too

never_mind wrote: »
    Anyone done SW online?

No our consultant mentioned doing it on Zoom but nothing ever came of it

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Any low syn alternatives for Rice Krispies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Good morning and happy Easter to ye all. Decided I want to start losing weight maybe 2 stone as I've been told by people I used to work with and few others I know have said I've gained weight since I changed jobs which I have. Looking at what's the best way to start with this. Been online looking at ww online and is it worth signing up to the package deals.really determined to do this. Any advice would be much appreciated ðŸ‘

Advertisement