Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roomba or equivalent?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

I don't think any of the vacuum and mopping units will do a good job of mopping unaided currently.

Usually they consist of a cloth fixed to a drip feed water tank. The tanks drips water through to keep the cloth moist at best.
    If you are willing to stop the unit and clean and moisten manually the cleaning cloth say every 10m2 then it does an ok clean. But unaided across 50m2 floor wasn't great for me (as after the first 10m2 its just dragging a moist dirty cloth around), so I stopped using it and just use the vacuum function mainly now on the S50 anyway.

Cheers

Was looking at the Xiaomi with mopping and then saw this. Even if it does basic mopping should be ok. Going to have a closer look at the Alfawise and see what users come back with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

Any decent models available on Irish brick and mortar shops? I have a one4all I'd like to use up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

Any decent models available on Irish brick and mortar shops? I have a one4all I'd like to use up

Roomba and Neato , probably at Curry’s and Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Forgot to ask you about this. Doesn't do a great mopping of the floor? I was looking for one that can do decent mopping job and clean wood and tile floors downstairs

Done any more mopping?

Also looking for a good mopping feature

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Also looking for a good mopping feature
    Good mopping features don't exist... Most just drag a damp rag around...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Anybody replaced a side-brush motor on a Eufy? Looks a big enough job form the video they sent me

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

Anybody replaced a side-brush motor on a Eufy? Looks a big enough job form the video they sent me

No but I'd be interested to know how you get on. One of mine is lazy, barely turns on carpet - what issue were you having?

sumo12 wrote: »
    No but I'd be interested to know how you get on. One of mine is lazy, barely turns on carpet - what issue were you having?

I mailed them back to say I would try to change the motor based on the videos they sent me. Got a reply this morning saying they cannot ship parts to my country but are sending a replacement device straight away! I don't even have to send the original back. Now that is what I call customer service. Granted it was within the 12 month warranty but I am still very impressed. May try to pick up a motor somewhere online for the original

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭kennM

I mailed them back to say I would try to change the motor based on the videos they sent me. Got a reply this morning saying they cannot ship parts to my country but are sending a replacement device straight away! I don't even have to send the original back. Now that is what I call customer service. Granted it was within the 12 month warranty but I am still very impressed. May try to pick up a motor somewhere online for the original

I've found their customer service amazing too! Can't recommend them highly enough, I got on asking about where/how to purchase a second charging station. Wanted to send Eufy off upstairs and have current charging station buried under the couch where Eufy lives. They sent one out free of charge, I think they had a couple of surplus ones. Super responsive and helpful. If all companies were like that it'd be a much better world!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

kennM wrote: »
    I've found their customer service amazing too! Can't recommend them highly enough, I got on asking about where/how to purchase a second charging station. Wanted to send Eufy off upstairs and have current charging station buried under the couch where Eufy lives. They sent one out free of charge, I think they had a couple of surplus ones. Super responsive and helpful. If all companies were like that it'd be a much better world!
    That would sway me to buying this brand, any idea which model is adequate for mixed floors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Darby_321

Just wondering was it by email or support chat that you contacted them about the second charging station? If it was possible to get a second one for upstairs it would be much easier instead of moving it up and down the whole time.

My replacement Eufy 30C came. Absolutely delighted with that service, couldn't fault them. My advise, any issues with the device during warranty get in touch with Eufy customer service. Going to pick up a motor on eBay for the older device, seen them there for half nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭kennM

Darby_321 wrote: »
    Just wondering was it by email or support chat that you contacted them about the second charging station? If it was possible to get a second one for upstairs it would be much easier instead of moving it up and down the whole time.

Contacted them via email, don't tell them I told you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Darby_321

Contacted them via email, don't tell them I told you ;)

Looks like i didnt get as lucky :( they said to pay 20 pound and they will send out the charging station and lead. Still not a bad price really to get another charging station

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Is the Roborock S50 mop function good enough or would you recommend a more recently released alternative?

Looking for something for my parents that will help out a little bit.

embraer170 wrote: »
    Is the Roborock S50 mop function good enough or would you recommend a more recently released alternative?

Looking for something for my parents that will help out a little bit.

The mop functions just drag a damp cloth behind the robot... I'm not aware of any robot that provides an effective mop feature...

BTW, the mop functions might be useful if you live in a sandy environment like the middle east or middle america, it would help keep the dust/sand down, but it's unlikely to be as useful in a climate like Ireland's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Based on what I have read the combo jobs are fairly useless, need a dedicated mop and then separate hoover

I’m trying to find one at the moment as I want a mop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Based on what I have read the combo jobs are fairly useless, need a dedicated mop and then separate hoover

I’m trying to find one at the moment as I want a mop

i'm thinking of the irobot braava 240 or 250 - but basically i see them as assistants rather than replacements - maintaining clean floors a bit longer between steam cleans...

ablelocks wrote: »
    i'm thinking of the irobot braava 240 or 250 - but basically i see them as assistants rather than replacements - maintaining clean floors a bit longer between steam cleans...

Same here, I still hoover my floors even after the robot, if I got the mop it would be the same, just give me a few days more before a full mop

• Advertisement

Ok just wondering if anyone has this problem, Have the original Mi Smart Vacuum,. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-Cleaner-Guidance-Powerful-Planning/dp/B01MU4WAUI

I have it a long time, over 3 years and it has done a mountain of work. Including the poor thing hitting dog poo one night,. That was the end of the dog staying in the house.....it was awful

Anyway the time it was cleaning was getting worse and worse. Now, when out hoovering it will all of a sudden just die, nothing out of it. It is normally when the battery has about 30% left. Only way to turn it back on is manually bring back to charger and connect

With my limited knowledge I thing the battery is gone, opened up and looked around, everything connected. Has anyone seen this?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,757 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Ok just wondering if anyone has this problem, Have the original Mi Smart Vacuum,. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-Cleaner-Guidance-Powerful-Planning/dp/B01MU4WAUI

I have it a long time, over 3 years and it has done a mountain of work. Including the poor thing hitting dog poo one night,. That was the end of the dog staying in the house.....it was awful

Anyway the time it was cleaning was getting worse and worse. Now, when out hoovering it will all of a sudden just die, nothing out of it. It is normally when the battery has about 30% left. Only way to turn it back on is manually bring back to charger and connect

With my limited knowledge I thing the battery is gone, opened up and looked around, everything connected. Has anyone seen this?

sounds very much like the battery is shot alright

Cyrus wrote: »
    sounds very much like the battery is shot alright

China seems to be only location stocking so a few weeks with robo

You really miss him when he is not doing his nightly trip....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,757 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

China seems to be only location stocking so a few weeks with robo

You really miss him when he is not doing his nightly trip....

they are a godsend at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭bamayang

Hi guys, can I ask what email address you used to contact them? Having issues with battery not holding a charge.

*might be related to the hoover driving through new puppy's poop in the kitchen, dragging it around the whole kitchen and the wife in a panic, putting the Eufy under the tap :(

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Has anyone seen the Roborock S4 anywhere except amazon?

nialldinho wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the Roborock S4 anywhere except amazon?

Isn't the AT the same model, just different name for various markets

*AT/autocorrect... meant S5

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Isn't the AT the same model, just different name for various markets

I don’t know! I only came across it today but couldn’t see it on aliexpress

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

I have a proscenic 811 and recently moved into a new house. The wooden floor in the kitchen has a hip in the middle of it so much so that the vac stops because its wheel is off the ground.
    Im going to be getting a new vac but does anyone know if ill have the same issue with the new one

(Forget the above, seems the wheel is damaged. I'll attempt a repair later)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    To throw another into the ring so to speak.

I bought the Alfawise V10 Max recently from Gearbest and have used it for about a week.

https://www.gearbest.com/robot-vacuum/pp_009195968752.html?wid=1433363

I haven't used a robot vacuum before so don't really have a comparison but I'm very happy with it.

It very accurately draws a map of the ground floor of my home
    It is very thorough and picks up almost everything (all laminate and porcelain tiles)
    You can do all the features I wanted (create zones, exclude zones, spot clean, double clean etc)

It has a mopping feature but I wouldn't say this is a replacement from normal mopping as it basically drags a wet microfiber cloth over the floor. It definitely improves the appearance but doesn't make the floor clean.

Cost me €237 shipped and took about 3 weeks. I didn't pay any customs.

Well after ordering in February and item shipped but stuck in Hungary. Contacted Hungary agent directly they no record of it. Constant emails back and forth with gearbest and no asking for refund. Option is below

Option 2) Refund of the value of your order minus the cost of the Shipping Guarantee to your original payment account.

Was looking forward to receiving it as in new house and would be perfect for the kitchen

Going to ring bank also.

So I've tried aliexpress and gearbest and both of them non delivery

Any other suggestions or reliable sellers

Advertisement