Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭farmertipp

straight wrote: »
    Surely that is evidence of a CARTEL. What did IFA/ICMSA say about it

cartel? where have I heard that before? beef

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

Water John wrote: »
    They don't even have the excuse of others who say they have to look after the Co shareholders. In this case the suppliers are the shareholders.

I'd say the Lordans here would be far happier if rather than two plaques these boys had brought an extra cheque of €1,500 for their August milk which is what they'd have got supplying the Carbery plant down the road;

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/winners-of-dairygold-milk-quality-awards-announced/

You can literally see a farm in the background supplying Bandon Co op in that picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭farmertipp

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    From the guys I know of on the board, they are famers who have reared families, well established farms, other income sources, spouse wage or pension etc and thinking about retirement in not too distant future themselves. Now who we need on the board are the farmers who have heavily invested in their farms, have families who have years of education to be paid for and are dependent on milk price to make ends meet, but where are they going to find the time to put on a shirt and tie and spend all day

I agree 100 %. anyone that has expanded and needs the last cent will find it to get to meetings but they will have to make time. The committee demographic is not much better than board. if people want change they will have to be involved.
    how dg board could look at the rises across the board for August and still leave dg price untouched is a disgrace and shows management are running rings around the dopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

It's not black and white either. Dairygold hasn't the margin that other coops have/ may have. Management don't seem to be doing a massive amount to rectify that. Maybe the jarlsberg plant when up and running will help and I see there are a few changes at management level but results will have to be seen soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Water John

In DG any one who might rock the boat hardly gets on the Committee not to mind the Board, handpicked by management.

DG don't own the Jalsberg plant and AFAIK Tine have no tied contract to take milk from DG. You'd think from the press releases and management that DG own the plant.
    Milk price thread here so won't go further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭alps

Water John wrote: »
    In DG any one who might rock the boat hardly gets on the Committee not to mind the Board, handpicked by management.

DG don't own the Jalsberg plant and AFAIK Tine have no tied contract to take milk from DG. You'd think from the press releases and management that DG own the plant.
    Milk price thread here so won't go further.

Interesting to tease out that ownership issue. Anyone got firm facts on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The original small plant was DG's but TMK the new plant is Tine owned and were a bit peeved with DG intimating to the public that it was their own. I am open to correction if anyone has alternative facts as I do not have first hand knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 farmerrichie

Shur we were all of the opinion that dairygold more - less owned the Danone factory in Macroom, the only connection they have with them is that they supply them with milk, as does other co ops. Dairygold pay their PR firm to put a nice glossy spin with only a small % of the truth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

GDT up 2.2%, butter the star of the show, up 8.4%. All our major components up bar skim back marginally.
    tpr0mFc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

I see a share of farms in Scotland have had to sell cow's after getting notice from Muller. Swapping and changing unfortunately isn't a solution either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭trixi2011

Mooooo wrote: »
    I see a share of farms in Scotland have had to sell cow's after getting notice from Muller. Swapping and changing unfortunately isn't a solution either
    Think that has been in the pipeline for a while would be farmers based in the north east .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

9 million litres contract lost is a big loss.

Ooof...

Who's not in for a price rise this month??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,140 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Did arrabawn not get the contract a few years ago instead of glanbia or was that something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

whelan2 wrote: »
    Did arrabawn not get the contract a few years ago instead of glanbia or was that something else?

Yeah they did it was only a yearly contract and the margin was tight as far as I know
    It doesn't offer much security for glanbia to form a liquid milk scheme around

John Murphy taking over from Martin Keane as chair of glanbia coop
    Hopefully he can straighten the ship and get milk price and share price back on track

John Murphy taking over from Martin Keane as chair of glanbia coop
    Hopefully he can straighten the ship and get milk price and share price back on track

Any update on the gain controversy? Went to order the offer of 10 mineral buckets with 2 free and they couldn't sell them to me or anyone...

Any update on the gain controversy? Went to order the offer of 10 mineral buckets with 2 free and they couldn't sell them to me or anyone...

Certified UFAS feed mills?? How come all inputs are not tested?

Havent heard any more on it
    It's a fair mess, rumour has it came in a load of soya from south America
    Supposed to test 300g in every 10t of straights, be alot of tests to be ran on a boat load of soya

• Advertisement

Havent heard any more on it
    It's a fair mess, rumour has it came in a load of soya from south America
    Supposed to test 300g in every 10t of straights, be alot of tests to be ran on a boat load of soya

Who will be liable for the damage? Can that liability be passed back to the importer or the supplier or does the balance of responsibility pass to glanbia when they are supposed to test?

The loss to farmers will be fine....they'll suck it up..

But the horsey boys...**** me, they'll dig deep to fix the damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭jaymla627

On the journal that their is bagged cattle meal contaminated with it, was probably some soya in the licks potentially from the contaminated shipment of soya they supposedly got in, letter of the law any bovine animals that have consumed feed that has traces of the growth hormones in it, shouldn't be allowed to enter the food chain in Ireland, if a farmer was found doing it no matter how much ignorance he pleaded he would be in hot water

jaymla627 wrote: »
    On the journal that their is bagged cattle meal contaminated with it, was probably some soya in the licks potentially from the contaminated shipment of soya they supposedly got in, letter of the law any bovine animals that have consumed feed that has traces of the growth hormones in it, shouldn't be allowed to enter the food chain in Ireland, if a farmer was found doing it no matter how much ignorance he pleaded he would be in hot water

I've bagged feed here from them :eek:

alps wrote: »
    Who will be liable for the damage? Can that liability be passed back to the importer or the supplier or does the balance of responsibility pass to glanbia when they are supposed to test?

The loss to farmers will be fine....they'll suck it up..

But the horsey boys...**** me, they'll dig deep to fix the damaged.

Buck stops with Gain I would imagine, they formulated the feed and imported the feed.

And it's not just a run of the mill horsey guy either, coolmore and ballydoyle wont let this lie
    Has big ramifications for the horses they havent ran,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,085 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Yeah they did it was only a yearly contract and the margin was tight as far as I know
    It doesn't offer much security for glanbia to form a liquid milk scheme around

Liquid market is pure cut throat very likely glanbia margin on this if any will be miniscual and they’ll loose it again on next tender surprises strathroy weren’t a bigger player there but the fact glanbia got it says enough .will be a major hit for Arrabawn ,9 million litre contract is pretty substantial on top of the Aldi contract we lost to strathroy and aurivo

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Liquid market is pure cut throat very likely glanbia margin on this if any will be miniscual and they’ll loose it again on next tender surprises strathroy weren’t a bigger player there but the fact glanbia got it says enough .will be a major hit for Arrabawn ,9 million litre contract is pretty substantial on top of the Aldi contract we lost to strathroy and aurivo

Glanbia is only supplying it until a contract with a new supplier is formed
    It's a big contract for sure but at 12 months and chopping and changing suppliers hardly offers much security on supplying it never mind at tight margins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭trixi2011

Why are the supermarket like Tesco contracts not lucrative in Ireland ?in the UK farmers who supply Tesco get paid serious money for there milk at time it could be 10p + what other milk contracts are paying

• Registered Users Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭tanko

Sure wasn't it Tesco who coined the phrase "Treasure Ireland" because their profit margins are larger here than in other countries they operate in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

tesco have plenty of room to do that here, they all do
    there branded milk is 70c a litre vrs avonmore at 90c
    when you check out the various price for milk on line its very cheap in comparison to cost, its hard to understand how coops branded milk sell vrs supermarket branded, nearly a fifth cheaper

• Advertisement

Will we see a milk price increase this week?

Advertisement