Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-07-2019, 14:42   #61
Digifriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by awec View Post
Yea, they are losing the coverage they got for free from Premier.

The premier sports coverage of Pro14 will presumably be blocked in Ireland.
This is grossly unfair to viewers in ROI. Pro 14 organisers clearly promoted (when present deal was signed) that every game would be available live to viewers on these islands. This has not and will not be the case. Those south of the border can only hope that Eir Sports goes the way of Setanta (with subscriptions declining rapidly due to absence of BT Sport in Eir Sports package) and Premier Sports 1/2 are both made available to them and 'in the clear.'
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-07-2019, 14:46   #62
Jump_In_Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemunster View Post
Their rounds 2 and 3 games against Munster and Ulster are on Eir. Cheetahs v Cardiff in round 1 is on Premier Sports.

https://www.pro14rugby.org/match-centre/fixtures/
Is Premier Sports available anywhere in Rep. of Ireland?
17-07-2019, 14:50   #63
awec

Mod: Rugby, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump_In_Jack View Post
Is Premier Sports available anywhere in Rep. of Ireland?
On Sky, it’s part of the BT package and will have some live premier league football for Irish customers.

But their Pro14 coverage will be blocked as Eir have the rights for the Pro14 in Ireland, and Eir no longer have a deal with premier to use their coverage to supplement their own live games.
17-07-2019, 14:50   #64
Jump_In_Jack

Are Eir in breach of contract with their customers by not showing half of the league matches?

This is what's being promised on their website right now:
"MORE SPORT ON eir Sport
There's a fantastic amount of exclusively LIVE action from eir sport on the way. Our 2019/2020 season includes all 48 games from the 2019 Rugby World Cup, all 152 Guinness PRO14 Games, the GAA Allianz Leagues, exclusive Airtricity League and FA Cup, US Masters golf, Wimbledon and more."
17-07-2019, 14:57   #65
Squidgy Black

Quote:
Are Eir in breach of contract with their customers by not showing half of the league matches?

"MORE SPORT ON eir Sport
There's a fantastic amount of exclusively LIVE action from eir sport on the way. Our 2019/2020 season includes all 48 games from the 2019 Rugby World Cup, all 152 Guinness PRO14 Games, the GAA Allianz Leagues, exclusive Airtricity League and FA Cup, US Masters golf, Wimbledon and more."
Wouldn't be breach of contract as all content is subject to change of circumstances in terms of broadcast deals etc, but would be considered false advertising if they're still saying they'll have all of the matches shown live when in fact they won't.
Advertisement
17-07-2019, 15:02   #66
b.gud

Quote:

"MORE SPORT ON eir Sport
I'm no legal expert but it doesn't specifically say that all 152 games will be live so they theoretically show all 152 as delayed coverage in the middle of the night and the highlighted part would still be technically true it would just be really s***ty for their customers
17-07-2019, 15:02   #67
errlloyd

Send a message via MSN to errlloyd
It still says all 152 on their website.
17-07-2019, 15:02   #68
Jump_In_Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgy Black View Post
Wouldn't be breach of contract as all content is subject to change of circumstances in terms of broadcast deals etc, but would be considered false advertising if they're still saying they'll have all of the matches shown live when in fact they won't.
Also, says the following at https://www.eirsport.ie/rugby
"RUGBY
ON eir sport
ALL 48 games from Rugby World Cup live
Watch all 152 Guinness PRO14 games
World Rugby U20s Championship"

This is clearly false advertising if they are not giving the viewers all matches.
However, I'm hoping they will make them available on other platforms.

If they are trying to say that they have the rights to show as many matches as they like, but are actually choosing to not show certain matches due to lack of resources, then that would seem to me to be false advertising.
17-07-2019, 15:03   #69
awec

They didn’t even show all games last year, it’ll just be even worse this year in terms of coverage.
Advertisement
17-07-2019, 15:06   #70
Jump_In_Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.gud View Post
I'm no legal expert but it doesn't specifically say that all 152 games will be live so they theoretically show all 152 as delayed coverage in the middle of the night and the highlighted part would still be technically true it would just be really s***ty for their customers
I would have no issue with delayed coverage, at least would be able to record and watch later.

I'm also hoping there will be a decent rugby broadcasting team for all the matches, with a round-up/highlights programme on the Sunday or Monday evening, and a preview program of upcoming matches on a Thursday evening etc.
Probably was a bit spoilt with coverage last season!!
17-07-2019, 15:13   #71
Cookiemunster

Quote:
I would have no issue with delayed coverage, at least would be able to record and watch later.

I'm also hoping there will be a decent rugby broadcasting team for all the matches, with a round-up/highlights programme on the Sunday or Monday evening, and a preview program of upcoming matches on a Thursday evening etc.
Probably was a bit spoilt with coverage last season!!

Every Munster fixture from R1-R19 is live on either Eir or TG4. I haven't checked Leinster or Connacht but I'd assume it's the same.
17-07-2019, 15:41   #72
icdg

Quote:
Yea, they are losing the coverage they got for free from Premier.
They should still have access to a fully produced “whistle to whistle” world feed - a standard arrangement in tournaments like this. They may no longer be able to take Premier Sports pre and post game shows though.
17-07-2019, 15:43   #73
awec

Quote:
Originally Posted by icdg View Post
They should still have access to a fully produced “whistle to whistle” world feed - a standard arrangement in tournaments like this. They may no longer be able to take Premier Sports pre and post game shows though.
It’s not listed on the Pro14 site as Eir having coverage though.
17-07-2019, 15:49   #74
Jump_In_Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemunster View Post
Every Munster fixture from R1-R19 is live on either Eir or TG4. I haven't checked Leinster or Connacht but I'd assume it's the same.
All bar 4 of the Irish teams' matches are shown between Eir and TG4,
Those 4 are:

Ulster v Cheetahs 22nd February
Ulster v Dragons 20th March
Zebre v Ulster 16th May
Ulster v Leinster 29th May !!

Last edited by Jump_In_Jack; 17-07-2019 at 16:01.
17-07-2019, 15:49   #75
Riskymove

Quote:
It’s not listed on the Pro14 site as Eir having coverage though.
eir are listed as showing the Irish games only
Premier listed for all games

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion