Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-06-2019, 14:17   #1471
Pogue eile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruschi View Post
I dont think anyone is writing off Wexford. I'm from Wexford and had money on them to win Leinster since before the championship started. I dont expect to beat Kilkenny, however I would be disappointed to lose. I think they have the ability and form to be able to win, whether they produce it on the day is another thing. But it will be certainly more competitive than the last time we played them in a Leinster final when we were turning up to get hammered out the gate (last one being 11 years ago losing by 19 points)
Percisely and the text in bold is excellently put, I am sure the KK posters here would say the exact same thing. Incidentally its exaclty how I would call the Munster Final as a Tipp man as well.
Advertisement
28-06-2019, 21:36   #1472
Bonniedog

I would imagine the Munster final might be a bit of a false war. As a Dub it gives me no pleasure to recognise that - assuming we beat Laois or Westmeath - that it be regarded as the easiest of the quarter finals for Tipp/Limerick in Thurles.

Leinster final should have a bit more bite, given that winning be huge prize for Wexford, and a semi final spot to avoid the trickier side of the draw.

McDonagh itself is hard to call, and still of opinion that their having to turn out a week later serves little purpose.
29-06-2019, 10:53   #1473
Joe_ Public

Dunno, a full house in Limerick, both teams fielding strongest possible line-ups, imperative for Limerick not to lose a third match of the summer. From a Tipperary perspective, i'd much rather avoid a q/f if at all possible. Have much respect for this Dublin team.
Thanks from:
29-06-2019, 16:50   #1474
Mushy

Odd request here...is anyone travelling from Donegal down to the game? Or to limerick in general? Have sudden car trouble, I'm also in possession of mine and my cousins ticket which is a disaster as for once I got a hardcopy version in Centra
29-06-2019, 23:11   #1475
blackwhite

Anyone know if ticket office in Dorset St will be selling tickets for Leinster Final tomorrow?

No mention on Leinster gaa website
Advertisement
29-06-2019, 23:21   #1476
Bonniedog

I would doubt it. There is a ticket office on North circular at Gills at top of Jones Road. You will get tickets there.
30-06-2019, 01:50   #1477
windy shepard henderson

Mod: GAA, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy View Post
Odd request here...is anyone travelling from Donegal down to the game? Or to limerick in general? Have sudden car trouble, I'm also in possession of mine and my cousins ticket which is a disaster as for once I got a hardcopy version in Centra
i imagine this nightmare scenario has since passed ?
30-06-2019, 01:51   #1478
windy shepard henderson

Mod: GAA, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_ Public View Post
Dunno, a full house in Limerick, both teams fielding strongest possible line-ups, imperative for Limerick not to lose a third match of the summer. From a Tipperary perspective, i'd much rather avoid a q/f if at all possible. Have much respect for this Dublin team.
i imagine this is how both teams will look at it , too hard to call from a neutral point of view , a defeat for either side could set them back for the year
30-06-2019, 08:04   #1479
Mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy shepard henderson View Post
i imagine this nightmare scenario has since passed ?
Cousin got himself sorted, but I've to watch on tv. Does that equate as passed?
Advertisement
30-06-2019, 08:06   #1480
lawred2

My first ever Leinster final today. Taking the Scottish father in law along. Looking forward to it. Hopefully Wexford out it up to the cats again. Presume they'll bring a big crowd.
30-06-2019, 08:47   #1481
conor05

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawred2 View Post
My first ever Leinster final today. Taking the Scottish father in law along. Looking forward to it. Hopefully Wexford out it up to the cats again. Presume they'll bring a big crowd.
Get ready to see massive wave of Purple and Gold the most passionate hurling supporters in Ireland descend upon Croke Park!

45k coming from Loch Gorman, up the yellowbellies!
30-06-2019, 08:49   #1482
BloodyBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniedog View Post
I would imagine the Munster final might be a bit of a false war. As a Dub it gives me no pleasure to recognise that - assuming we beat Laois or Westmeath - that it be regarded as the easiest of the quarter finals for Tipp/Limerick in Thurles.

Leinster final should have a bit more bite, given that winning be huge prize for Wexford, and a semi final spot to avoid the trickier side of the draw.

McDonagh itself is hard to call, and still of opinion that their having to turn out a week later serves little purpose.
No such thing as a 'false war' Munster final. I can u understand your logic in thinking the loser is still in with a great shot and they are but they ll both bust a gut for this win. It's the second most important title in Hurling.
30-06-2019, 08:52   #1483
BloodyBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy View Post
Cousin got himself sorted, but I've to watch on tv. Does that equate as passed?
How come you didn't get the Bus down..? Its an awful pity that you didn't. You've 2 tickets aswell. Terrible shame.
30-06-2019, 09:02   #1484
golfball37

I fancy Tipperary to win very well today. They were much more impressive beating us than Limerick were, we downed tools v Limerick away from home but Tipp beat us playing into a gale in Ennis where we’ve only lost twice in 18 games previous.
They have better more natural hurlers than limerick and assuming they match limerick intensity wise then this will be the deciding factor. Hope our minors can learn from the last game in the GG and win an overdue Munster title too.
30-06-2019, 09:14   #1485
lawred2

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor05 View Post
Get ready to see massive wave of Purple and Gold the most passionate hurling supporters in Ireland descend upon Croke Park!

45k coming from Loch Gorman, up the yellowbellies!
Excellent. Should make for a good atmosphere. Nothing worse than two thirds empty Croke Park.

Usually a frequenter of the Munster final so excited to see a Leinster final.

Last edited by lawred2; 30-06-2019 at 09:32.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion