Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
03-02-2018, 12:53   #31
stephen_n
Registered User
 
stephen_n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,306
When you’re listening to the Stone Roses and your girlfriend asks you why you’re listening to country music, is it time for a trade in?
stephen_n is offline  
Advertisement
03-02-2018, 13:14   #32
Zzippy
Moderator
 
Zzippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,754
Mod: Rugby, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen_n View Post
When you’re listening to the Stone Roses and your girlfriend asks you why you’re listening to country music, is it time for a trade in?
Is there an age gap? That would excuse it but she would need some educating in good music...
Zzippy is offline  
03-02-2018, 13:25   #33
stephen_n
Registered User
 
stephen_n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzippy View Post
Is there an age gap? That would excuse it but she would need some educating in good music...
About 8 years, not enough to excuse that. Yes I think she definitely needs an education, should have known that when the Westlife and Clubland cd’s arrived.
stephen_n is offline  
03-02-2018, 13:47   #34
Zzippy
Moderator
 
Zzippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,754
Mod: Rugby, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen_n View Post
About 8 years, not enough to excuse that. Yes I think she definitely needs an education, should have known that when the Westlife and Clubland cd’s arrived.
We're similar. I'm pretty sure she's never heard of the Stone Roses either. She knows better than to play Westlife though...
Zzippy is offline  
03-02-2018, 13:49   #35
thomond2006
Registered User
 
thomond2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 41,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzippy View Post
This is the lad who thinks pear belongs in a sandwich... probably puts tomato in a fruit salad just to be different.

Thomond hand in your MRSC membership and your John Hayes pyjamas!
I really hate Connacht.
thomond2006 is offline  
Advertisement
03-02-2018, 13:52   #36
Zzippy
Moderator
 
Zzippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,754
Mod: Rugby, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomond2006 View Post
I really hate Connacht.
Must try harder. We know you really don't. You just hate losing to us.
Zzippy is offline  
03-02-2018, 15:59   #37
irishbucsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 36,769
This came up for discussion during Scotland-Wales and I thought someone here might know the answer. It's about British peerage system.

Supposedly anyone with the top two ranks, KBE or GBE, are entitled to the term "sir".

Alex Ferguson is a CBE. He is the 3rd rank.

Why is he known as Sir Alex Ferguson? Is there some exception for Scots?
irishbucsfan is offline  
03-02-2018, 16:25   #38
Squidgy Black
Registered User
 
Squidgy Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 17,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbucsfan View Post
This came up for discussion during Scotland-Wales and I thought someone here might know the answer. It's about British peerage system.

Supposedly anyone with the top two ranks, KBE or GBE, are entitled to the term "sir".

Alex Ferguson is a CBE. He is the 3rd rank.

Why is he known as Sir Alex Ferguson? Is there some exception for Scots?
You can be knighted seperately to being a KBE or GBE.

Ferguson was made a CBE in '94 but knighted in '99.
Squidgy Black is offline  
Thanks from:
03-02-2018, 16:27   #39
irishbucsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 36,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgy Black View Post
You can be knighted seperately to being a KBE or GBE.

Ferguson was made a CBE in '94 but knighted in '99.
That's too confusing for me.
irishbucsfan is offline  
Advertisement
03-02-2018, 16:38   #40
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,102
I see Padraig Harringtons twitter account has gotten a bit racier these times!
Jack Kanoff is offline  
03-02-2018, 16:40   #41
Squidgy Black
Registered User
 
Squidgy Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 17,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbucsfan View Post
That's too confusing for me.
It's a bit of a ridiculous system alright.
Squidgy Black is offline  
03-02-2018, 19:45   #42
mfceiling
Registered User
 
mfceiling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen_n View Post
When you’re listening to the Stone Roses and your girlfriend asks you why you’re listening to country music, is it time for a trade in?
If you want I can have her killed?
mfceiling is offline  
Thanks from:
04-02-2018, 21:23   #43
.ak
Moderator
 
.ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 29,967
Anyone watching Altered Carbon yet? Can't decide if I like it yet...
.ak is offline  
04-02-2018, 23:37   #44
awec
Moderator
 
awec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 39,911
Mod: Rugby, ZTest
Just spent the past two hours building a baby changing table. My hands were not build for manual work, sore and blistered!
awec is offline  
04-02-2018, 23:39   #45
Stheno
Moderator
 
Stheno's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by awec View Post
Just spent the past two hours building a baby changing table. My hands were not build for manual work, sore and blistered!
Wait till you've to deal with a liquid bilous green nappy one night where you've volunteered to let the missus sleep and you are doing night feeds
Stheno is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet