Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-10-2019, 13:11   #1
LizzeyBenett

Copper coil experiences ?

I'm 32 no kids, I don't tolerate the pill well i get awful migraines and its cause by the estrogen in the pill also my doctor feels theres an added risk of stroke because of this. Ive tried progesterone only pills (cerazette) which didn't work for me so basically my only option is something hormone free i.e the copper coil. Ive done a lot of research and also work in a Pharmaceutical field but I'm wondering what other women's experiences of the copper coil are ? Ive seen a lot of people say that they had extremely heavy periods on it ? I would be getting it out hopefully in a year or two to start a family but my GP said it would be worth considering if it would be in for 1 year +.
Advertisement
29-10-2019, 21:52   #2
lucy1984e

I have it and think its great but especially the first 6-12 months are quite heavy period wise, ideally if you are getting a few years out of it its great, but might still be worth trying? Also heard the hormonal iud are much more localised and less strong hormonally than the pill and some women like them too.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion