Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 summerplans

Does anyone have any dimensions of the rooms in the Iris'? Thanks

Yeah - I was there for that launch and got an Iris. It was definitely worth having a list among us for when Sherry Fitzgerald arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Does anyone have any dimensions of the rooms in the Iris'? Thanks

You'll get them on the planning permission drawings. They're approximate but as close as you'll get for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

The planning permission drawings can be found here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Keithchap wrote: »
    The planning permission drawings can be found here

those drawings are 2014. they will be ballpark but dont count on them being accurate.

e.g. The first set of plans i got for the heron had french doors between the kitchen and living & between kitchen and small family room. it had a radiator in the hall and under the window in the living room.

When i questioned these differences between the plans and the showhouse with ballymore, i was sent up to date plans that matched the showhouse layout.

No french doors at all, solid wall between living room and kitchen.
    normal door between family room and kitchen.
    no radiator in hall.
    Livingroom radiator along wall boardering hall.

thats just the ground floor. I haven't scrutinized the first or 2nd floors.

Not huge changes for sure, but enough to mess up any plans you may have made.

You'll get them on the planning permission drawings. They're approximate but as close as you'll get for now.

Thank you. Do you know where I would get the planning permission drawings?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

Something to note is that Phase 2 was released in Feb 2016. See here: There was another release in Aug 2016, which I guess SherryFitz still are calling Phase 2. Just something to be mindful of when trying to figure out price increases.

Since Feb 2016 (For the last 3 releases) people have been queuing overnight to get houses. In Feb 2016 it was only one couple if I recall, it now seems to be far more.

Thank you. Do you know where I would get the planning permission drawings?

See keithchap's post above.
    You want the documents tab and house type 5 on page 2 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Miss Lemon

We are hoping to install pocket/ sliding doors between the kitchen and the living room but have been told by Ballymore that it is too late for any modifications. Has anyone else investigated doing this themselves where it is not possible as part of the original build?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Miss Lemon wrote: »
    We are hoping to install pocket/ sliding doors between the kitchen and the living room but have been told by Ballymore that it is too late for any modifications. Has anyone else investigated doing this themselves where it is not possible as part of the original build?

The biggest problem with doing it yourself will probably be the pipework and radiator re-arrangement. The wall between the kitchen and the living room has a large radiator in the kitchen right where the double doors would be. When Ballymore install the double doors, they split this radiator into two smaller ones - one to the left of the double doors and another on the utility side wall (I believe). For pocket doors, Im also not sure either whether the wall cavity needs to be prepared a different way to take them. So it could turn out to be an expensive job.

Yea- we had also asked if it would be possible even to get the radiator moved and were told no... I understand that pocket doors would likely require a new wall (with a cavity to take the doors) but trying to get a sense of the scale of the job/ cost to make a decision. Its not a big deal for us one way or the other but if we really want to put them in it seems like now is the time to do it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Yea- we had also asked if it would be possible even to get the radiator moved and were told no... I understand that pocket doors would likely require a new wall (with a cavity to take the doors) but trying to get a sense of the scale of the job/ cost to make a decision. Its not a big deal for us one way or the other but if we really want to put them in it seems like now is the time to do it!!

You could look into sliding doors. Ones that don't hide themselves into a wall.

anyone move the tv point?

Very true- we are also sussing out this option and doors with double hinges to see what the cost/ hassle difference is!

Was just thinking that people sharing pics and stuff may be useful. To that end I've created a public album with some photo's I've taken. They are from September last year though.

https://goo.gl/photos/4TaKGgX4ckEeWg8U7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭maciektok

Very true- we are also sussing out this option and doors with double hinges to see what the cost/ hassle difference is!

lads on site will do it for you. moving a rad is a bit of a job but it's doable really. We used an independent contractor that doesn't worked on site so it turned to be a pain but then we got the lads from the site to fix it and result is quite good. now we didn't put the doors in we just opened up the wall and got rid of the door to the living room

Curious did anyone else expect a washer and drier to be included as the white goods in the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭maciektok

cronos wrote: »
    Curious did anyone else expect a washer and drier to be included as the white goods in the house?

nah we specifically asked what's included in the deal

maciektok wrote: »
    nah we specifically asked what's included in the deal

Ya I was guessing I should have. You live and learn haha. Just have to go buy them myself I guess then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Thanks for those photos Cronos,

Just in case anybody hasn't seen it there is a fly through video tour of the Heron up on Vimeo. It's linked from the RCP brochure site.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/180729533

• Advertisement

Thanks for those photos Cronos,

Just in case anybody hasn't seen it there is a fly through video tour of the Heron up on Vimeo. It's linked from the RCP brochure site.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/180729533

When you start looking for furniture and decorating, you really see how much they spent kitting out the show houses!

Fresh, new empty house is intimidating, like a blank sheet of paper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

If anyone has fitted a sink in the utility room of a Heron could they let me know how you went about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 amit8feb

Does someone know who can fit laminated floor in my house? Bargintown and Deskelly quoted €13 per m2 and €9.43 per m2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

amit8feb wrote: »
    Does someone know who can fit laminated floor in my house? Bargintown and Deskelly quoted €13 per m2 and €9.43 per m2.

Mod note: by pm only as per the forum charter please

amit8feb wrote: »

+1 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 47 andreionut

From the video: "15 minutes to Dublin City centre!". Is this 'as the drone flies?'.

Can people that already live there share the transport options to city centre? (I go to Nassau Street).
    Did anyone took the 120 bus a 8am? How long does it take to get to the Liffey?

andreionut wrote: »
    From the video: "15 minutes to Dublin City centre!". Is this 'as the drone flies?'.

Can people that already live there share the transport options to city centre? (I go to Nassau Street).

I think you could get from Ashtown/Broomsbridge stations to Pearse station in roughly 15 minutes. However you have to factor walking/cycling to those stations, waiting for the train and actually getting on the train when it's busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 WladoeK

Hi all,

Just have a booking deposit on the Heron in the last sale overseeing the canal, just wondering have you noticed any anti social behavior along the canal? and given the level of graffiti coming from the broombidge side of the bridge would you say it would be a bit dodgy?

Is their any further news on the anchor tenant in the retail park?

Does anyone have any advice or items to look out for with the Heron house type?

I have lived in Ashtown in the last couple of years and i think it still has huge potential if finished out properly this time especially with the proposed pelletstown station linking to Ashington park which looks nice.

TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

Walking to Ashtown or Broombridge station takes me 12 minutes. I'm a slow walker.

Ashtown to Pearse train is about 25 minutes. Ashtown to Connolly about 15 minutes. I rarely use Broombridge as the area is not well lit, the Ashtown path is much safer.

120 is busy in the morning and goes all around Cabra. It takes 35-40 minutes to get to the last stop, Parnell Square. There are some 120s in the morning at 07.40, 0800, and 08.20 that go to Ballsbridge which might suit you. As we are at the beginning of the route you can get a seat easily.

I work near you and usually take the Pearse train, door to door in about 50 minutes. I find it more comfortable than the bus.

When I drive early (before 7am), I am there in about 20 minutes. After 7.30, it takes up to an hour.

Googlemaps is accurate for time estimate.
    WladoeK wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just have a booking deposit on the Heron in the last sale overseeing the canal, just wondering have you noticed any anti social behavior along the canal? and given the level of graffiti coming from the broombidge side of the bridge would you say it would be a bit dodgy?

Is their any further news on the anchor tenant in the retail park?

Does anyone have any advice or items to look out for with the Heron house type?

I have lived in Ashtown in the last couple of years and i think it still has huge potential if finished out properly this time especially with the proposed pelletstown station linking to Ashington park which looks nice.

TIA

There are some accounts already on the thread of anti social behaviour. Broom bridge is quite dangerous. Countless accounts of assaults, muggings and other activities at that point. But it's due for a major overhaul this year.

Something to note is that you'll need a condensing drier. There are models that allow the water to evacuate through a tube. There is no outlet for a proper tumble dryer.
    Was just thinking that people sharing pics and stuff may be useful. To that end I've created a public album with some photo's I've taken. They are from September last year though.

https://goo.gl/photos/4TaKGgX4ckEeWg8U7

Something to note is that the garden is not landscaped. You get grass and a tree.

• Advertisement

Manion wrote: »
    Something to note is that the garden is not landscaped. You get grass and a tree.

It's not much of a tree and currently it's just dirt and no grass haha. But lets see in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

Arbie wrote: »
    120 is busy in the morning and goes all around Cabra. It takes 35-40 minutes to get to the last stop, Parnell Square. There are some 120s in the morning at 07.40, 0800, and 08.20 that go to Ballsbridge which might suit you. As we are at the beginning of the route you can get a seat easily.
    I'm taking the 7.40 every morning. It arrives at Merrion Square at 8.30, +/- 5 minutes, depending on the traffic. So Nassau Street would be roughly the same.

The only issue I'm facing is the way back. While I have a pretty good idea when to go to the bus on my way to work, going back home is very random. After 17.00, it takes about 25 minutes to walk from Merrion Square to Parnell Square, but nearly 50 minutes by bus. And despite what the timetable says, I have yet to see a 18:40 bus; usually, if I miss the 18:20, I have to wait till after 19:00 for the next bus.

There are other options, such as the 37, 38 and 39 to Ashtown Roundabout and then walking for about 20 minutes. Once the pedestrian bridge is built near us, the 122 will become a viable option, as it terminates just across the canal.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Bruncvik wrote: »
    I'm taking the 7.40 every morning. It arrives at Merrion Square at 8.30, +/- 5 minutes, depending on the traffic. So Nassau Street would be roughly the same.

The only issue I'm facing is the way back. While I have a pretty good idea when to go to the bus on my way to work, going back home is very random. After 17.00, it takes about 25 minutes to walk from Merrion Square to Parnell Square, but nearly 50 minutes by bus. And despite what the timetable says, I have yet to see a 18:40 bus; usually, if I miss the 18:20, I have to wait till after 19:00 for the next bus.

There are other options, such as the 37, 38 and 39 to Ashtown Roundabout and then walking for about 20 minutes. Once the pedestrian bridge is built near us, the 122 will become a viable option, as it terminates just across the canal.

Why would you not get the train from Pearse to Broombridge or Ashtown? It'll be far quicker for you.

5starpool wrote: »
    Why would you not get the train from Pearse to Broombridge or Ashtown? It'll be far quicker for you.
    I found the bus to be very convenient. I always find a place to sit, so I'll just plop down and read a book. In addition, there's a Lidl and Tesco near the bus stop, which lets me do my grocery shopping on my way home. The poor bus schedule is a trade-off I'm willing to tolerate until the 122 becomes an option or the LUAS is finished.

I found the bus to be very convenient. I always find a place to sit, so I'll just plop down and read a book. In addition, there's a Lidl and Tesco near the bus stop, which lets me do my grocery shopping on my way home. The poor bus schedule is a trade-off I'm willing to tolerate until the 122 becomes an option or the LUAS is finished.

Have you tried taking the 122?
    I haven't needed to take it myself yet but the stop on Fassaugh Avenue or Nephin road is a 20minute walk max. Google maps makes it longer because it misses out the pedestrian access to the new bridge. I'd prefer that to the extended standing at a bus stop.

40D from Finglas Road could be an option for some either?
    20-25 min walk to bus stop. I believe the 40D terminates at O'Connell street though (beside Murrays pub).

Have you tried taking the 122?
    I haven't needed to take it myself yet but the stop on Fassaugh Avenue or Nephin road is a 20minute walk max. Google maps makes it longer because it misses out the pedestrian access to the new bridge. I'd prefer that to the extended standing at a bus stop.
    I tried that, but it's about as long a walk as from the Ashtown Roundabout, and if I have to wait for more than 20 minutes, I just take whatever comes first - 122 or 38. Or, when I happen to be somewhere else in the city, I may also take the 37 or 39 to the Roundabout. 122 will become preferable to all the Navan Road buses once the pedestrian bridge is built at our estate and cuts the walking time to 5 minutes.

I tried that, but it's about as long a walk as from the Ashtown Roundabout, and if I have to wait for more than 20 minutes, I just take whatever comes first - 122 or 38. Or, when I happen to be somewhere else in the city, I may also take the 37 or 39 to the Roundabout. 122 will become preferable to all the Navan Road buses once the pedestrian bridge is built at our estate and cuts the walking time to 5 minutes.

Of course when the pedestrian bridge is built, there'll also be a station which will halve the time of the train too!
    There were surveyors out surveying for the bridge last week (I asked them why they were surveying and that was their answer). Somebody somewhere is doing the detailed design.

Question - Does anyone know what the brand of paint we have is? We went with Magnolia if it makes a difference. I expect to have some touching up to do shortly and would like to match.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭janeybaby

Contacted Ballymore last week to see if there was an option not to have the kitchen installed by the current subcontractors and have been advised that it is possible. Also requested a quote from the kitchen company for some changes to the Heron style fitted kitchens - if anyone would like the details I can PM them on.

• Advertisement

Question - Does anyone know what the brand of paint we have is? We went with Magnolia if it makes a difference. I expect to have some touching up to do shortly and would like to match.

It's Johnstones paint. They've a place in Palmerstown.

Manion wrote: »
    It's Johnstones paint. They've a place in Palmerstown.

I've just asked Ballymore about painting choices for our Heron, and they've told me the only choice is white!! Is this correct?

slayerking wrote: »
    I've just asked Ballymore about painting choices for our Heron, and they've told me the only choice is white!! Is this correct?

If that is what they are staying now then that's it I'd guess. When we bought we had a choice of white, magnolia, or grey.

How do people find the standard flat panel doors that come with the house between the living room and kitchen?

Has anyone got the developers to provide any other door types?

I know about pocket doors. I'm interested in hearing about other door styles than pocket doors. Need to know tonight as I have to make a decision tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

Did anyone come up with a good wall hanging solution for storing a bike in the down stairs bathroom?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 andreionut

Thanks everyone for the tips on commuting options and times. There's definitely more routes than I thought of.

I looked on Google maps and I saw that cycling to my workplace is estimated at under 30 minutes. Half the time on the bus or train.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone for the tips on commuting options and times. There's definitely more routes than I thought of.

I looked on Google maps and I saw that cycling to my workplace is estimated at under 30 minutes. Half the time on the bus or train.

FYI, a good chunk of the canal is perfect for cycling - nearly the whole way. Not sure if that shows up on Google maps. I've walked it to town a good few times. Not sure how well it's lit at night though.

FYI, a good chunk of the canal is perfect for cycling - nearly the whole way. Not sure if that shows up on Google maps. I've walked it to town a good few times. Not sure how well it's lit at night though.

How long is the walk to town? Say O'Connell street?

Just walked along the canal from work. If the moon wasn't so big, I may have had to use a torch (when it's cloudy, the light reflections from the city are enough; a moonless clear night is too dark, though). The biggest obstacle to cycling along the canal is the gate at Rathborne Village, where you have to dismount and squeeze your bicycle through the pedestrian entrance. Not sure whether there are more of those, but if there are, they may frustrate some cyclists.

Just walked along the canal from work. If the moon wasn't so big, I may have had to use a torch (when it's cloudy, the light reflections from the city are enough; a moonless clear night is too dark, though). The biggest obstacle to cycling along the canal is the gate at Rathborne Village, where you have to dismount and squeeze your bicycle through the pedestrian entrance. Not sure whether there are more of those, but if there are, they may frustrate some cyclists.

Is rathbourne village not in the opposite direction to town coming from RCP?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

How do people find the standard flat panel doors that come with the house between the living room and kitchen?

Has anyone got the developers to provide any other door types?

I know about pocket doors. I'm interested in hearing about other door styles than pocket doors. Need to know tonight as I have to make a decision tomorrow.

You need to ask them. Pay the balance and hope that they do it.
    Is it a 2 storey or 3 storey house?

• Advertisement
Advertisement