Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Axwell wrote: »
    You missed nothing, it was delayed for ages. Conor came out in a fur coat and proceeded to give shout outs to rappers and claim he is half black - from the waist down and insult black women..he had very little else of interest to say. Floyd threw a load of dollar bills at him and called him a bitch. They did a fake scuffle on stage..people couldnt hear the audio and were pissed off. The end..

I heard the audio just fine. it went....

Conor: What you doing after the show?
    Floyd: Nothing just chilling in my room.
    Conor: Want to head out throw money at some hoes?
    Floyd: Sure but aint you married?
    Conor: She wont find out me and Dee were like that (cross fingers)
    Floyd: I said the same until I had to beat my B'***h.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Ok thank God Conor has calmed it down in the Q's backstage:

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/885672162463559680

Nothing like the ole "I don't even see colour" line...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

It's more like getting the Times or Indo in to commuter friendly tabloid format. It's aimed at early morning commute reading, that's the only reason it's in tabloid size. It's a reputable, well respected news source.

Fair enough, it just screams the Sun etc as you mentioned. He was being pulled up on his post for trolling and being uncivil regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

I think Conor was on fire last night because he was genuinely angry with Showtime/Mayweather etc......tonight felt like he had to try and put on a show and it failed!

The fight will still sell no matter what,the people who hate the thoughts of such a bout will still talk and tell everyone why it's terrible....and still watch it!Them lads are winning no matter how bad their slagging gets.

He seems like he's been badly advised.

I actually think that's the opposite of the problem tbh.

He's got so far by doing the mini-floyd impression that nobody has questioned it, his lack of media coaching is super evident at times, he's not badly advised, he's just not seeking or taking advice.

• Advertisement

Fair enough, it just screams the Sun etc as you mentioned. He was being pulled up on his post for trolling and being uncivil regardless.

Ah yeah, not questioning that at all, like I said, just questioning the source being legit or not ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Dozyart wrote: »
    The fight will still sell no matter what,the people who hate the thoughts of such a bout will still talk and tell everyone why it's terrible....and still watch it!Them lads are winning no matter how bad their slagging gets.

I keep hearing this but you know theres alternatives to paying ppv and still seeing the fight right? I cant buy it as im abroad that night but I would be availing of them avenues as many others will so it doesnt really wash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

I'm actually amazed/astounded at how this press conference seemed to go down online with the under 20 age-range.

They're all raving about it! Saying the first 2 pressers were crap but this one was epic?!!?

I feel like I've slipped into an alternate universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

I'm actually amazed/astounded at how this press conference seemed to go down online with the under 20 age-range.

They're all raving about it! Saying the first 2 pressers were crap but this one was epic?!!?

where the hell you reading taht? everywhere i'm reading saying it was awful

• Advertisement

Yeah but the u20's won't be buying it, they'll stream it in 540p from some ****e website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

darced wrote: »

And how do you explain Conor's high heels last night. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

It certainly was not an attempt at trolling. I was merely voicing an opinion that I am quite sure many others reading and/or contributing to this thread are thinking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Yeah but the u20's won't be buying it, they'll stream it in 540p from some ****e website.

At least they'll be saving their money, they're the smart ones. Anyone who actually pays to watch this needs their head examined.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

By tomorrow, all the bad stuff from the presser will be forgotten and pretty much two things will be remembered.....

McGregor wore a polar bear and told the crowd he was half black.
    Floyd rained dollar bills down on him while wearing a pair of wedges.

where the hell you reading taht? everywhere i'm reading saying it was awful

Replies on this are pretty positive ones.

https://twitter.com/jnsanchez/status/885665108495654912

At least they'll be saving their money, they're the smart ones. Anyone who actually pays to watch this needs their head examined.

I'll watch it in a pub having a pint. There's no way I'd pay for it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

jbt123 wrote: »
    It certainly was not an attempt at trolling. I was merely voicing an opinion that I am quite sure many others reading and/or contributing to this thread are thinking.

You were responded to via pm - if you have more to discuss on the matter take it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

That's actually hilarious! I thought they were just a normal pair of runners at first glance, the state of the two of them at this point with their use of heels and lifts :D

The truth is probably still that there is an inch in it in McGregor's favour, as the tale of the tape says.

Floyd looked slightly taller tonight, take off them shoes and Conor is probably an inch taller imo

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

I'll watch it in a pub having a pint. There's no way I'd pay for it.

Pity everyone wouldn't do that, stream it or watch it on youtube the following morning :pac:

Wonder did you get a freeze frame of who Conor lunged at in the Roddy vlog?

McGregor often wears shoes with a good heel on them to look taller.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭noc1980

6/1 for the fight not to go ahead is looking more and more like a decent bet. If Conor continues to walk this thin line he's on with race there'll be protests and an organised campaign against Showtime and sponsors. With a 100m on the line he needs to wake up here, this isn't Rio where he can get away with edgy material against Aldo.

He's under the microscope there now, if TMZ and Twitter start digging up some of the stuff he said to Aldo, Diaz and Siver he could soon be on thin ice. You'd think his management, agents, coaches would have a word no?

Toronto had plenty of funny moments without ever coming across too cynical.

Brooklyn had dark, sinister undertones.

It was as if they tried to compete to see who is the bigger arsehole.

The *only* positive I can find is it might reduce expectations for London and right now that's a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

noc1980 wrote: »
    6/1 for the fight not to go ahead is looking more and more like a decent bet. If Conor continues to walk this thin line he's on with race there'll be protests and an organised campaign against Showtime and sponsors.

lol not a hope this fight getting pulled. there's just too much money for the people involved. this isn't some tech startup in san francisco, nobody cares if people are offended. it's a one-off fight, get the free publicity, get more PPVs and get out

noc1980 wrote: »
    6/1 for the fight not to go ahead is looking more and more like a decent bet. If Conor continues to walk this thin line he's on with race there'll be protests and an organised campaign against Showtime and sponsors. With a 100m on the line he needs to wake up here, this isn't Rio where he can get away with edgy material against Aldo.

He's under the microscope there now, if TMZ and Twitter start digging up some of the stuff he said to Aldo, Diaz and Siver he could soon be on thin ice. You'd think his management, agents, coaches would have a word no?

Should be 6000000000/1 only an act of god can stop this money grab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Didn't really get too many dark, sinister undertones. Just a **** show to borrow Dana's phrase

It was awful with Floyd coming out on top (despite his own attempts to **** it up even) in a verbal battle, which is frankly incredible.

Conor did what he does, it fell flat tonight, Floyd did what he does,it worked in parts tonight but really it was a race to the bottom from both men and the Irishman won that race

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement