Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You 'feels' you lose

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

ed6e25268b28cc0a10740be7ac78a800-d4xmsw1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

The most depressing but simultaneously heart warming moment in any film ever!!!
    Maybe you need to see the whole film and if so, do!

Guess this is appropriate here.

Saw this gif in the Funny GIF thread and decided to do some searching for the original video -
    iblNcxynRn8sdR.gif

What I discovered is that everyone there is deaf and they belong to a Chinese performance group called the China Disabled People's Performing Art Troupe. They travel around the world performing and showing exactly what disabled people can do.

This video here highlights them better -

The dance shown in the GIF starts at 6:21 into the video, but it's all pretty inspirational in itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

gustavo wrote: »

If anyone has NOT seen this, you have to watch it. This is the difference between acting and real life. You could never fake this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Oof... I really ought to go home some weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Nice story to kick off the weekend.........

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,847 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

1149039_568819073173348_940728583_n.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Warning, will punch you right in the feels

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Beagles used for lab testing are freed and see the great outdoors and the sun for the first time.

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but this is from the excellent documentary, Life in a Day.

This movie had so so many moments that really struck me and this was definitely one of them.

This is a shortened clip of it

This is a longer version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Seen this on FB earlier, and from his IMDB page
    In 2012, Ron Perlman once again endured the 4-hour makeup routine required to transform him into Hellboy--not for a sequel or other acting job but to fulfill the Make-A-Wish request of a six-year-old boy named Zachary who has leukemia. Creature effects house Spectral Motion applied Perlman's Hellboy makeup (and later, also made up Zachary as Hellboy as well), and then Zachary got to spend the day hanging out with "Hellboy.".
    543844_515360428551665_152385400_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

O9ofEXa.jpg

• Advertisement

998926_577751215613467_1242128268_n.jpg

1150260_578497342205521_1845729613_n.jpg

It is from this -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desiderata

(Desiderata by Max Ehrmann)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

koth wrote: »
    998926_577751215613467_1242128268_n.jpg

Cos a 5yr old gives a sh1t about that sort of thing:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

yea, That fake story would have been WAY better if the wedding was a year off and the kid had cancer AND aids so was gonna die before hand...No wait, even a dying 5 year old doesn't give a fcuk about seeing his parent wedding..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They let him be preacher in just his pyjama bottoms?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

seamus wrote: »
    They let him be preacher in just his pyjama bottoms?

...any excuse for mammy to wear the gúna again, methinks....... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

5 yr old boy gets excited about wedding, I hate to be the one that breaks this to you, but your son is..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

AuoDCGS.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Oh man ths got me good and proper.

http://vimeo.com/70426141

me too, I posted that in the BAWWWWWW thread.

How he loved her...

Jake1 wrote: »
    me too, I posted that in the BAWWWWWW thread.

How he loved her...

The Nickelback version of the song wasn't good, but the spirit he did it in was. But the saddest thing is the thought of him sitting alone in their home, without the woman that sat beside him for 75 years.

:(:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

one thing i didnt like about that was it felt scripted to me, i think it was your man that was recording the song for him, in the hat, seemed like he was acting it :rolleyes:

1280481_656701474350867_2046100902_n.jpg

• Advertisement

koth wrote: »
    1280481_656701474350867_2046100902_n.jpg

She was probably just copying what the trainer was doing.
    I'm dead inside.

Gokei wrote: »
    She was probably just copying what the trainer was doing.
    I'm dead inside.

Many years ago, they did a live chat on AOL with Koko the Gorilla, who has been taught sign language for years. It was amazing what she could respond to (her training typing her responses, or course). She understood every question put to her. When asked what she wanted for her birthday, she said "Food, Smokes", which meant she wanted treats for her kitten, Smoky. And she made up the word "finger bracelet" to say "ring", cause she didn't know the word ring...

Dickerty wrote: »
    Many years ago, they did a live chat on AOL with Koko the Gorilla, who has been taught sign language for years. It was amazing what she could respond to (her training typing her responses, or course). She understood every question put to her. When asked what she wanted for her birthday, she said "Food, Smokes", which meant she wanted treats for her kitten, Smoky. And she made up the word "finger bracelet" to say "ring", cause she didn't know the word ring...
    In not disputing the fact that our primate cousins are intelligent, I just can't get to her letting her trainer know "I am anatomically unable to shed a tear, but if I could, I would"
    I'm thinking that is more likely she was mimicing her trainer. But I wasn't there, so I'll shut up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

She also famously blamed the kitten for ripping a sink off a wall.
    Gokei wrote: »
    In not disputing the fact that our primate cousins are intelligent, I just can't get to her letting her trainer know "I am anatomically unable to shed a tear, but if I could, I would"
    I'm thinking that is more likely she was mimicing her trainer. But I wasn't there, so I'll shut up now.

It's possible that she was simply stating what the trainer was doing, but she could also have understood that 'cry' is something humans do when sad and was expressing sympathy. We'll never know, but apes are known to be able to show empathy, even towards other species.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

tumblr_m6mooi08PD1r2zn66o1_500.jpg

An anthropologist proposed a game to children in an African tribe. He put a basket full of fruit near a tree and told the children that whoever got there first won the sweet fruits. When he told them to run, they all took each others hands and ran together, then sat together enjoying their treats.

When he asked them why they had run like that when one could have had all the fruits for himself, they said, ‘UBUNTU, how can one of us be happy if all the other ones are sad?’ (‘UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

DtIYmUJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

--Kaiser-- wrote: »

As cool as this story is, unfortunately most of it is incorrect. Stallone had already appeared in a few dodgy soft-core flicks, had written and appeared in a few episodes of big TV shows and had a couple of leading roles and appearances in a few movies by the time he wrote Rocky. The homelessness and bus station did happen but this was several years before he wrote the Rocky script. Sorry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Randy Pausch's Last Lecture

This is one of the greatest things I have ever watched.

Take the time, watch it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Didn't have a clue which thread to put this one in. Maybe not as "feels" as other posts, but pretty cool all the same. Not a big Green Day fan myself, but I do like this song and that gives a good back story to the title (providing it's true, of course!).

1236527_601172673254298_1859618292_n.jpg

• Advertisement

DazMarz wrote: »
    Didn't have a clue which thread to put this one in. Maybe not as "feels" as other posts, but pretty cool all the same. Not a big Green Day fan myself, but I do like this song and that gives a good back story to the title (providing it's true, of course!).

1236527_601172673254298_1859618292_n.jpg
    That's good feels right there chief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

DvegQ.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Thats a sad one :(

A short one, but the look on the kids face... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Blair

Well feck that one got me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Hmmmm, this clip probably is best placed in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Lost. Lost bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

an open letter to the mayo team, this was publised in a mayo paper this week.

What we are living a lifetime for"

Dear lads

Here we go again. Another September and we rest our dream on your young shoulders. It's a lot for you to carry on All-Ireland Final day. But if we can't trust you, where else can we turn. We're squeezing the ticket of a lifelong journey into your safe hands for you to get us a travel pass so as we can live a dream.

Who are we? We're the woman serving the meal at a wedding in the Castlecourt. We're the kid playing in the schoolyard. We're the girls on the B shift in Baxter. The exiles in London or Long Island. The five Ballinrobe lads who took off one morning for Australia.

The patient in hospital wearing her Mayo neckband. We're the mother who worries daily about the price of the school books or the uniform. We're the fly by nights, the chancers, the sleeveens, and the all right sort of an 'auld character'.

We're the singletons, the married, the divorced, the widowers and the widowed. We're the dreamers and believers and the legends of the road. We're Mayo.

You're the gift we inherited when dad brought us to see you play. It's the Sunday of childhood that has become every day or our life since. From high infants you were there.

We were Morley and Prendergast in sixth class. In secondary school you were with us too. Tickeen and Joeeen. We were you wearing our Mayo socks in Presentation College Headford. No replica jerseys then. It was years later we proudly adorned ourselves in Larry's (McEllin) famous shirt.

You were there playing gooseberry when we fell in love. If she had no heed in football she was ditched. Didn't matter a damn if she had a dowry and road frontage. Ours was a different kind of love. Monday's when we woke with our football hearts broken.

You were there when the kids were born. We passed on the baton on. The easiest gospel we ever preached. All the roaring getting them up for Mass we could have saved ourselves if the priest wore red and green vestments. They are mothers themselves now. In the car with us now on this crusade. Full driving license too. The next generation in the back. Too big a stack to be strapped in the baby seat either. A growing reminder that precious time is slipping away.

Because of you we have to put an extra set of tyres and tax the car most years. Never had a right holiday either.
    Wouldn't know Lanzarote from Pavorotti.

Met a woman once who was going to Cornwall. "Ah lovely," I said by way of saying something. "Were you ever there?" she asked. "No" I replied, feeling a right idiot.

Didn't bother asking her was she in Scotstown on a cold crisp January Sunday in 1996, the day Kenny Mortimer was sent off. We burdened Kenny and his brothers with this dream too. Left it on Noel Connelly's shoulder also. Others too like Ronaldson, Geraghty, the genius Ciaran McDonald, Willie Joe and McStay. They were worthy of our hopes and aspirations. Their want was ours.

You're the reason we clutched at straws in the gale. 1985 when Mayo and Monaghan were in the All-Ireland semi-finals and some pleb told us Old Moore's predicted two M's would meet in the All-Ireland. We scoured every page for confirmation, but two M's for the Maam Cross Fair was as near as we got. We just want from you one September Sunday when an unimaginable world unfolds.

Small things will do us thereafter. A night around Christmas when the family are gathered. A warm fire and we watching the video of Mayo winning the All-Ireland Final of 2013. Hair still standing on the napes of our necks.

We'll get a nice picture too standing between Donal, Kenneth, Mickey and Colm holding the Sam Maguire. For the coffin. Our jersey strewn on the lid beside it and the congregation singing our Mayo anthem "The Green and Red of Mayo" when they wheel us out. That's what we're living a lifetime for. You're carrying us on your shoulders now. In Mayo we trust.

Good Luck

Willie McHugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

That letter will be stained with the bitter tears of defeat come 5pm on Sunday, when Dublin win their 2nd All Ireland in 3 years... COYBIB!!! :D :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

All of these really got to me. I relate to all of them.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/hnigatu/comics-that-capture-the-frustrations-of-depression

• Advertisement
Advertisement