Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

United Ireland - NATO?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

tac foley wrote: »
    No, I'm trying, with obvious lack of success, to convince Mr B-R that he is incorrect in his statement. Surely nobody on THIS forum needs to be reminded that Ireland and Northern Ireland are two distinctly different countries - at this time.

tac

Tac - as the recent candidacy of Martin McGuinness for the Presidency demonstrated there are many posters on the site who do not accept partition and simply refuse to acknowledge it is political reality. To some of them anyone who attempts to point out this political reality is dismissed/abused as either a Unionist or a Partitionist - a small example of this type of thing was when Mr B-R declared my questioning of his statement that SF is the second most popular party in Ireland by producing sourced facts that show they are not as 'Unionist fantasy'. Sadly - these people can and do pop up on any forum at any time and a thread that contains the words 'United Ireland' in it's title will usually draw them in droves.
    TBH, I'm surprised there hasn't been more here - which must be down to the MODs careful monitoring and swift actions to deal with this kind of non-factual hyperbole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

How popular or unpopular SF are has nothing to do with this topic.

I'm getting sick of the nonsense being posted in this forum by certain posters. Get back on topic, now.

• Site Banned Posts: 317 ✭✭Turbine

This is the disadvantage of having the 'latest posts' in topics shown on the boards homepage, you get trolls like LordSutch hijacking a topic to repeat the same old tripe they've posted a million times over in other forums.

Advertisement