Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Build Back Better

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,323 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    the thing is I will wear a seatbelt because I know it severely increases my chance of survival if I'm in an accident

Same cant be said of wearing a mask
    if masks work, then why the 6ft?
    if the 6ft works, then why the mask?
    if both work why the lockdown?
    if all 3 work why the vaccine?
    if the vaccine is safe, then why the "no liability" clause?
    Lol

"If seatbelts work, why do cars also have safety features?
    If the safety features work, why are their traffic lights and road rules.
    If the rules and lights work, why do they need traffic police?
    If the traffic police work, why do cars need brakes?"

Can you name all these respectable news organisations?
    Please list them all
    Do you own research, I'm certainly not going to give you all the links and references for the questions you asked
    Go digging, you'll come across it, Schwab doesnt seem to hide his feelings
    Read his book?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,190 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Do you own research

These are your claims. If you can't back them up, then there's nothing to discuss.
    In terms of they? well its been mentioned already. Its a well known fact and he has publicly stated it many times, Klaus Schwab did not want Trump in office and had a campaign going to get Trump out of office
    Trump pulled US funding from the WHO as he saw through it

Klaus Schwab is head of an economic forum, not the WHO.

How did Klaus Schwab make Trump lose the election according to you?

Masks, handwashing, social distancing are all measures to reduce the spread of the virus. Keyword: reduce. One on it's own doesn't just "stop" the virus, they work together, and even then the virus still spreads, just at a decreased rate. Lockdown is just an additional set of measures to further reduce the spread of the virus.

When the vaccination becomes available, we'll still have the above measures because vaccinating the population will take time, probably many months before a significant number of people have it. As the virus cases decrease, the measures can decrease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

waste of time, if they can manoevre it so Trump doesnt get back in, then I wouldnt stand a chance, even with Superman as my running mate

Who are ‘they’?
    What do ‘they’ have to do with Irish elections, and how do they do it?
    What has Trump losing an election, as acknowledged by those in his party, and the courts, and every logical person have to do with you standing for election in Ireland, where you can explain your views to the population you think is being duped?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

King Mob wrote: »
    Ok.
    That's a bit silly.
    What evidence is there for this "script"?

Is it really? 5-10 years ago you and others would have thought it was silly to think we would spend nearly a whole year and a good chunk of the next year in lockdown over a virus that turned out to have a survival rate of 99.96%. Yet here we are.

Its not by coincidence that Trudeau and other are constantly mentioning a "Great reset" and "Build Back Better". There is a reason for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Do you own research

I love this. Make a few vague unsubstantiated claims and then when asked to explain them just reply with that.

Utter nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Masks, handwashing, social distancing are all measures to reduce the spread of the virus. Keyword: reduce. One on it's own doesn't just "stop" the virus, they work together, and even then the virus still spreads, just at a decreased rate. Lockdown is just an additional set of measures to further reduce the spread of the virus.

When the vaccination becomes available, we'll still have the above measures because vaccinating the population will take time, probably many months before a significant number of people have it. As the virus cases decrease, the measures can decrease.

so do you think when the vaccine is rolled out and the majority take it, everything will return back to normal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,676 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Same cant be said of wearing a mask

Can anyone answer this ?

Anyone ?

:rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement

Lol

"If seatbelts work, why do cars also have safety features?
    If the safety features work, why are their traffic lights and road rules.
    If the rules and lights work, why do they need traffic police?
    If the traffic police work, why do cars need brakes?"

Lol

thats answered all my questions

greenspurs wrote: »
    Can anyone answer this ?

Anyone ?

Didn’t Dhonjoe cover that?

Every little helps. Not one is a silver bullet, but they work together.

Klaus Schwab is head of an economic forum, not the WHO.

Really? I didnt know this

Didn’t Dhonjoe cover that?

Every little helps. Not one is a silver bullet, but they work together.

2m and hand washing was more effective than adding masks into the equation

Tell me why are masks "mandatory" in shops, but not necessary in post offices, banks and credit unions?

Didn’t Dhonjoe cover that? .

Not really.........

He kinda skipped the liability bit......

so do you think when the vaccine is rolled out and the majority take it, everything will return back to normal?

If/when the virus starts to recede properly, then there should be a return to some sort of normality. Keep in mind that certain things will change, e.g. a lot more people will be working from home, some companies are already offering this as permanent. I suspect some people will wear masks out of habit (like they do in Asia after various epidemics there).

• Advertisement

2m and hand washing was more effective than adding masks into the equation

Tell me why are masks "mandatory" in shops, but not necessary in post offices, banks and credit unions?

Who said they are not mandatory in financial institutions? That is a new one for me. Anytime I have been in a financial institution, people have been wearing masks.

Can anyone answer this ?

Anyone ?

Addressed it in this post

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115540337&postcount=205

If/when the virus starts to recede properly, then there should be a return to some sort of normality. Keep in mind that certain things will change, e.g. a lot more people will be working from home, some companies are already offering this as permanent. I suspect some people will wear masks out of habit (like they do in Asia after various epidemics there).

Are you saying that things will have been built back better? I mean that I might get to work from home where I prefer than having to commute? I could have a better quality of life because I save on commute time, and can spend that time doing things I would rather do?

Who said they are not mandatory in financial institutions? That is a new one for me. Anytime I have been in a financial institution, people have been wearing masks.

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/face-coverings-masks-and-covid-19/when-to-wear.html?fbclid=IwAR1S3_mIoE6bSd4OiBHZbbDYcnYujlWBh8EM2qNyLHUMBEXiuBsTYkm1DDo

Its there ....

Covid is afraid of money, as well as alcohol (unless you are eating )

Again -

You seem to have skipped/missed/evaded the liability bit of it ?? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Are you saying that things will have been built back better? I mean that I might get to work from home where I prefer than having to commute? I could have a better quality of life because I save on commute time, and can spend that time doing things I would rather do?

Sounds like it will be a new normal

Lol

thats answered all my questions
    Your logic is just the same level of ridiculous.

Answer those questions and you'll have the answer to yours.
    Dohnjoe also spelled it out for you clearly and directly.

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Is it really?
    Yes. It is silly to conclude there's a global conspiracy based on a few catchphrases and a book none of you guys have read.
    Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Its not by coincidence that Trudeau and other are constantly mentioning a "Great reset" and "Build Back Better". There is a reason for it.
    And that reason is...?

This has been asked many times and there's not really been an answer outside the guys claiming it's a sinister NWO/satanist plot.

Still no answer re Liability from our truth searchers ??

Just reposting the same sardonic reply isnt an answer .

Please give me your account number, bank name, and your own name so that I can rock up and pretend to be you and withdraw money from your account. Otherwise, I could just have a look in peoples bins for discarded PII, seeing as financial institutions don’t need to identify me ;)

Still no answer re Liability from our truth searchers ??
    Do you agree that the other points are not valid?

We can dig into the liability thing once we've cut away the invalid arguments.

Please give me your account number, bank name, and your own name so that I can rock up and pretend to be you and withdraw money from your account. Otherwise, I could just have a look in peoples bins for discarded PII, seeing as financial institutions don’t need to identify me ;)

Any sarcasm for the drinking with food is safe?
    But just drinking isnt ?

Again -

You seem to have skipped/missed/evaded the liability bit of it ?? :rolleyes:

There's isn't a "no liability" clause with vaccines. It's legally complex. If making a vaccine that millions take with no issues, but a handful of people have adverse reactions, it doesn't automatically mean the vaccine-makers are liable in every situation, it depends on the cases themselves and whether anything is systematic.

We need vaccines to protect ourselves from injury/death from infectious diseases, so we can't really stop manufacture because a couple of people out of millions may have complications, that could be related to the vaccine or not.

Do you agree that the other points are not valid?

We can dig into the liability thing once we've cut away the invalid arguments.

Deflecting away again?

Thats speaks louder than any sarcastic posts on here.

just because they are wearing masks doesnt mean they are mandatory

I suppose you are probably just listening to those established news channels that are giving out the information but if you did a little you might find the truth :P

Face coverings are not mandatory in:

Post offices, credit unions or banks
    Medical or dental services
    Sit-in restaurants or cafés

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/health/covid19/face_coverings_during_covid19.html

• Advertisement

Deflecting away again?

Thats speaks louder than any sarcastic posts on here.
    Nope. I'm just trying to progress the point.

Once we agree that all the other points are invalid, we can move onto the liability one.

Do you agree the other points are invalid? Yes or no?

I think you'll keep avoiding this though.

I'm still trying to understand what the conspiracy is here, if there is any.

There's isn't a "no liability" clause with vaccines. It's legally complex. If making a vaccine that millions take with no issues, but a handful of people have adverse reactions, it doesn't automatically mean the vaccine-makers are liable in every situation, it depends on the cases themselves and whether anything is systematic.

We need vaccines to protect ourselves from injury/death from infectious diseases, so we can't really stop manufacture because a couple of people out of millions may have complications, that could be related to the vaccine or not.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/health-pharma/covid-19-vaccine-makers-lobby-eu-for-legal-protection-1.4339157

“The speed and scale of development and rollout do mean that it is impossible to generate the same amount of underlying evidence that normally would be available through extensive clinical trials and healthcare providers building experience,” reads a memo circulated to members by Vaccines Europe, a division of the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations.
    The document says that this creates “inevitable” risks."

https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/international/2020/09/22/583555.htm

Safety first ?
    financial safety not public safety

Any sarcasm for the drinking with food is safe?
    But just drinking isnt ?

Nope...I have logic for that....to deter people from getting hammered because when they do become hammered many can’t keep to boundaries. However, eating is impossible with a mask on. Also, it means that less vintners moan, and another part of the economy is open providing employment and generating taxes.

Nope. I'm just trying to progress the point.

Once we agree that all the other points are invalid, we can move onto the liability one.

Do you agree the other points are invalid? Yes or no?

I think you'll keep avoiding this though.

you have no answer. Simple as that, and you wont bully me into giving you a yes/no .
    You have no reply that will show you and the other lad are right, and now you are only arguing for the sake of an argument.

Liability...

just because they are wearing masks doesnt mean they are mandatory

I suppose you are probably just listening to those established news channels that are giving out the information but if you did a little you might find the truth :P

Face coverings are not mandatory in:

Post offices, credit unions or banks
    Medical or dental services
    Sit-in restaurants or cafés

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/health/covid19/face_coverings_during_covid19.html

I already addresses that point. Give me your bank details and we will see why a mask is not a necessity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Don't mean to go off topic

But I'm assuming global warming is being caused on purpose to make the earth more habitable for the lizard people?

you have no answer. Simple as that, and you wont bully me into giving you a yes/no .
    You have no reply that will show you and the other lad are right, and now you are only arguing for the sake of an argument.

Liability...
    You're deflecting.
    I have no interest in diving into a complex legal topic when you aren't willing to answer direct and simple questions because the answers are uncomfortable for your.

You realise that the other points are not valid as with my analogy, masks aren't supposed to stop the virus 100%. None of the measures are.
    The argument is silly and flawed.

However, you don't want to admit this because this would require you to disagree with a fellow conspiracy theorist, and this is verboten for some reason.

You're deflecting.
    I have no interest in diving into a complex legal topic when you aren't willing to answer direct and simple questions because the answers are uncomfortable for your.

You realise that the other points are not valid as with my analogy, masks aren't supposed to stop the virus 100%. None of the measures are.
    The argument is silly and flawed.

However, you don't want to admit this because this would require you to disagree with a fellow conspiracy theorist, and this is verboten for some reason.

"you are, no you are, no you are , no you are."

"A complex legal topic"
    You cant answer why the pharma companies are demanding liability clauses for their vaccines.
    You cant answer it now, and you couldnt answer it last week.

Your constant deflection is funny , my question has nothing to do with masks, i asked about why you and DohnJoe cant answer about the liability clause.

• Advertisement

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/health-pharma/covid-19-vaccine-makers-lobby-eu-for-legal-protection-1.4339157

“The speed and scale of development and rollout do mean that it is impossible to generate the same amount of underlying evidence that normally would be available through extensive clinical trials and healthcare providers building experience,” reads a memo circulated to members by Vaccines Europe, a division of the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations.
    The document says that this creates “inevitable” risks."

https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/international/2020/09/22/583555.htm

Safety first ?
    financial safety not public safety

Yes it is about our safety, remember we're weighing up the risks of the vaccine vs the risks of Covid. Let's say they take 5 or 10 years to develop this vaccine, how many will die of Covid approx over that period with no vaccine available vs increasing the speed of vaccine development and having one in the near future

Your constant deflection is funny , my question has nothing to do with masks, i asked about why you and DohnJoe cant answer about the liability clause.
    Dohnjoe has.

You can't answer a yes or no question.

You cant answer why the pharma companies are demanding liability clauses for their vaccines.

This has been addressed.

In the case of a vaccine maker like Astra-Zeneca, the liability has been passed from them to government, otherwise it's unlikely they would have undertaken to make the vaccine (in such a period, under these circumstances)

Yes it is about our safety, remember we're weighing up the risks of the vaccine vs the risks of Covid. Let's say they take 5 or 10 years to develop this vaccine, how many will die of Covid approx over that period with no vaccine available vs increasing the speed of vaccine development and having one in the near future

"Proof" ?

So rushing through a vaccine, and demanding a liability clause for a virus that has a 99% recovery rate, is better than taking a year or two to develop and research a developed vaccine ??

And how is it for "our safety" if the pharma companies want liability from anything that goes wrong with their rushed vaccine ?????

"Proof" ?

So rushing through a vaccine, and demanding a liability clause for a virus that has a 99% recovery rate, is better than taking a year or two to develop and research a developed vaccine ??
    A previous point you guys have ignored:

The chances of any side effects from any vaccine are around 0.00012%
    The chances of dying from covid, according to you is 10,000 times greater.

A previous point you guys have ignored:

The chances of any side effects from any vaccine are around 0.00012%
    The chances of dying from covid, according to you is 10,000 times greater.

Is that the figure for the Covid vaccine ?
    Have you that figure , before it has been used ?

• Advertisement

It normally takes much longer to develop and fully test a vaccine. However, time is of the essence since this is a global pandemic. The virus has killed approx. 1.5 million people already, and done untold economic damage. The sooner a vaccine comes out the better. But obviously they don't want an unsafe vaccine either. So the risks have to be weighed on both sides.

It normally takes much longer to develop and fully test a vaccine. However, time is of the essence since this is a global pandemic. The virus has killed approx. 1.5 million people already, and done untold economic damage. The sooner a vaccine comes out the better. But obviously they don't want an unsafe vaccine either. So the risks have to be weighed on both sides.

But, they will still release it..... even though they obviously dont know how people will react to it ?
    therefore the clause ................

Is that the figure for the Covid vaccine ?
    Have you that figure , before it has been used ?
    Again this is the cumulative number from all vaccines being used in the US.

For the covid vaccine to be more dangerous than covid, it has to be suddenly 10,000+ times more dangerous than any other vaccine currently in use.

If it was 10,000+ times more dangerous, then it would have been pretty apparent during it's trials.

The trials have shown that it is not dangerous.
    No one has proposed how it might be 4 orders of magnitude more dangerous than any other current vaccine.

So the most likely scenario is that it is not more dangerous than any other vaccine, and thus the death rate for covid is far far more worrying.

"Proof" ?

And how is it for "our safety" if the pharma companies want liability from anything that goes wrong with their rushed vaccine ?????

This little explainer might help understanding how one of the vaccines appeared to be developed so quickly:

It wasn’t developed quickly

• Subscribers Posts: 41,836 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

the risk of spread reduces

because vaccines are a replacement to those other measures.
    They work to protect the population as a whole.. whereas the other measures simply slow the spread of the infection until vcaccines are available

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2030600

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement