03-08-2014, 12:28   #31
manuhalo

My yearly contract with them has recently expired but I hate haggling on the phone. Plus I'd rather have something in writing that I can later quote in case of a dispute. Is it possible to negotiate these kind of deals online? Has anyone tried or succeeded?
Advertisement
03-08-2014, 12:31   #32
daveyjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuhalo View Post
My yearly contract with them has recently expired but I hate haggling on the phone. Plus I'd rather have something in writing that I can later quote in case of a dispute. Is it possible to negotiate these kind of deals online? Has anyone tried or succeeded?
I imagine online is for customer support only but give it a try and report back, worse they can say is no.
03-08-2014, 12:40   #33
eddhorse

Send a message via ICQ to eddhorse
In fairness UPC have good support IMO and I got my bill reduced by €15 when I rang up.
Told them I wanted to get rid of the phone part, he said it only added an extra €2 but then proceeded to give me better deal -€15.
You don't get anything better without giving out a little. They think you are a happy customer willing to pay the price otherwise.
03-08-2014, 16:39   #34
white_westie

Recently went through this process and got nowhere with upc chat, reps on boards here or on phone to accounts department.
Had to talk to someone in loyalty dept and got a good enough deal to stay another year.
Thanks from:
30-10-2014, 12:13   #35
Black_Knight
I speak fluent sarcasm

My time to cancel/renew. Got shafted last year with the boards deal (Signed up to the €50 for 6 months, €73 there after just before their €25 for 6 months, €73 there after deal came out), so trying to claim some of that back.

Loyalty team offered me €15 discount (€58 for 120mb unlimited, Horizon essentials, and a phone I dont use). Nothing great really. For the BB and TV I want/use it is only €10 cheaper than on their site, nothing fantastic at all.
Advertisement
30-10-2014, 14:04   #36
xalot

Dont go through the live chat on the website, I've never gotten anywhere with that. You're best to call and ask to be put through to the customer retention department. They'll be able to give you the best offers.
30-10-2014, 14:12   #37
kooga

Got the following for my inlaws ( iam an authorised person on their account)

Digital value TV €32.50
Multi room €8

total €40.50

less 50% discount for 12 months = €20.25
less my upc discount €3.50

so paying €16.75 a month.

previously had been paying €27.98 a month. Their phone and broadband is with eircom and when it came to negotiating with upc told them we were thinking of upgrading to efibre and free evision for 12 months.

Didn't opt to get phone and BB with UPC as they do noy want or need HORIZON! they are happy with their basic cable box and get all the channels they need or want.
01-11-2014, 16:01   #38
The Gibzilla

Lads, any advice on this. I'm in contract with them since June. Signed up for the €80 a month deal (TV, Internet, Phone) but first 6 months is €32. Asked them about the sports package at the time and got quoted the full whack, then a couple of weeks later the Sky sports for €1 comes out. Called them about getting a sports deal, but got nowhere. Had webchat about a deal and got nothing except being told that I'd have to pay €200 to cancel as I'd called Sky and was offered a better deal. Cancellation team is calling me on Mon. In your experience is it better to just cut my loses, pay the €200 move to Sky and watch my football happily or are they just playing hard-ball? Cheers
01-11-2014, 17:15   #39
Kristopherus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gibzilla View Post
Lads, any advice on this. I'm in contract with them since June. Signed up for the €80 a month deal (TV, Internet, Phone) but first 6 months is €32. Asked them about the sports package at the time and got quoted the full whack, then a couple of weeks later the Sky sports for €1 comes out. Called them about getting a sports deal, but got nowhere. Had webchat about a deal and got nothing except being told that I'd have to pay €200 to cancel as I'd called Sky and was offered a better deal. Cancellation team is calling me on Mon. In your experience is it better to just cut my loses, pay the €200 move to Sky and watch my football happily or are they just playing hard-ball? Cheers
Play hardball re the Sky Sports offer. If you get for €1, it will now get you to the end of the footie season.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-11-2014, 10:42   #40
okidoki987

You'll be signing up to a new contract.
Thanks from:
02-11-2014, 11:10   #41
dibs101

I got sky sports in for the ryder cup with intention to cancel it after the golf was over. Would like to keep it but not at 30 euro a month.

Anyone any experience on ringing to cancel sport package and getting for a reduced rate?
02-11-2014, 12:08   #42
kooga

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibs101 View Post
I got sky sports in for the ryder cup with intention to cancel it after the golf was over. Would like to keep it but not at 30 euro a month.

Anyone any experience on ringing to cancel sport package and getting for a reduced rate?
they should offer you 20% reduction to keep ss
02-11-2014, 12:52   #43

Paying 70 per month for Internet and TV, oh and my housemate so nicely only just the other day told me it includes the phone - which is only of use to her.

So she doesn't want to get rid of the TV or phone, neither of which I use, and won't off her arse to ask them for a deal or cancel. So is there any chance we can get something cheaper than what we're on. I don't care about moving providers but she wants me to do the leg work.
02-11-2014, 13:10   #44
Cantona's Collars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gongoozler View Post
Paying 70 per month for Internet and TV, oh and my housemate so nicely only just the other day told me it includes the phone - which is only of use to her.

So she doesn't want to get rid of the TV or phone, neither of which I use, and won't off her arse to ask them for a deal or cancel. So is there any chance we can get something cheaper than what we're on. I don't care about moving providers but she wants me to do the leg work.
You can do the leg work but she'll still have to contact UPC,be it to cancel or try to get a deal.You will need to be firm with her,even make the call & hand her the phone when they answer.

A mate of mine was with UPC (mmds) for years,a poor service compared to satellite and changed to Sky recently.He'll never go back despite UPC offering 12 months free Sports & Movies "to reward his years as a customer".
02-11-2014, 13:33   #45

Oh I know it'll have to be her, that's the problem. She wrote them a letter a few months back, and that's all so I asked about it the other day and she did end up making a call, and getting through to the cancellation team, but apparently got cut off. She said she uses the phone because you get 400 minutes with it, but it's 20 extra to get these 'free' minutes. She said herself she uses Skype so dunno why she's ok paying the 20 for that.

I'll have a look at the alternatives and give her the info, and just have to let her at it then. Even if we got that half price for 6 months I'd be happy.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion