Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Rugby final, Canes v Landers, Sat 4 July, 0835, SS1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Agh, painfully close...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I think that is a try, seems in control as it initially dots down

• Registered Users Posts: 24,180 ✭✭✭✭Buer

What a carry from Dixon. Doesn't think he has it.....he does have it, I reckon.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,055 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Yes !!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

How unlucky if it's not given!

Edit:Deserved the benefit of the doubt.

• Advertisement

Big call.

Also, can't remember off the top of my head but isn't the law that you can't try to kick the ball away?

NMS clearly tries to kick the ball away and it's his legs that cause the issue so would be a penalty try if that's the law, in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Try given. Thought it had to have been a knock on but ....

I counted five players he beat to that line, carrying four over

Yeah smith did so well there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭LostArt

unbelievable strength

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

That's a questionable decision.

Delighted with that half

LS is p*ssing ice cubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Didn't think they'd give that but it makes it a big second half now! Canes have to come out and play. Barrett's kicking is hurting them big time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Great work syd! The Canes are flustered. Barrett is playing himself out of the ABs 15, maybe even 23 - he looks rattled, and his place kicking is terrible.

I reckon that 6-2 split on the bench is a masterstroke from Joseph, the forwards will be buggered by 60 minutes.

That was pure class from Dixon, albeit with a just lovely move from Smith.

Buer wrote: »
    Also, can't remember off the top of my head but isn't the law that you can't try to kick the ball away?

NMS clearly tries to kick the ball away and it's his legs that cause the issue so would be a penalty try if that's the law, in my mind.

Don't think it was obvious that nms 'clearly' tried to kick the ball away, he was practically horizontal trying to take Dixon.

.ak wrote: »
    In fairness he came in very quickly. Looked out 5m when the ball was released.

Dunno about that, I called it in real time from an internet feed. Thought he was definitely inside the 5m line. Assistant was 2 feet away from the throw.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Don't think it was obvious that nms 'clearly' tried to kick the ball away, he was practically horizontal trying to take Dixon.

Don't think it looks like it in real time but in slow motion, it looks to me like he absolutely threw one of his feet around to dislodge the ball.

Just watching replay there, absolutely tries to kick it with his left foot as he's hitting the deck.

Just checked the laws and that should be a penalty so, to my mind, a penalty try if it wasn't given.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Hope to god Fumi comes on... His little bench chest pump cameo was impressive..

• Advertisement

Dunno about that, I called it in real time from an internet feed. Thought he was definitely inside the 5m line. Assistant was 2 feet away from the throw.

Was definitely inside. Definitely a yard inside when he caught it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Don't think it looks like it in real time but in slow motion, it looks to me like he absolutely threw one of his feet around to dislodge the ball.

Just watching replay there, absolutely tries to kick it with his left foot as he's hitting the deck.

Just checked the laws and that should be a penalty so, to my mind, a penalty try if it wasn't given.

Yeah, it would have made the goalkick easier for Sopoaga...

:D

NB: under current laws, obligatory YC for NMS if penalty try.

That's a law? You can't kick the ball out of a hand over the try line to dislodge?

.ak wrote: »
    That's a law? You can't kick the ball out of a hand over the try line to dislodge?

"When a tackled player reaches out to ground the ball on or over the goal line to score a try, an opponent may pull the ball from the player’s possession, but must not kick or attempt to kick the ball."

Sanction: Penalty kick

BB misses this and they need to really think about pulling kicking duties off him.

Nonu could have stayed where he was there, referee called a maul. He must not have heard, moved and allowed clean quick ball for this attack.

YES !!!!! €€€€

Aaaaaaaannnnd try time Naholo!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Big try

• Advertisement

This kick is huge. Would mean 2 converted tries to get in front.

Advertisement