Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World cup 2015 Jersies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

There was never going to be anything other than flat green for a test jersey, not from an IRFU committee anyway. Celtic symbols and all that jazz will be left for the 7's or for training tops.

*.jersey you might say. Think I'll resurrect my 2011 RWC shirt and invest in a permanent marker.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

There's a new 'home' and 'alt' jersey as well as the RWC jersey. You can see the kids versions here.

Exact same the RWC jersey but with the 3 logo.

The alternative one is nice in fairness, if the cut is good I might buy the RWC version (if there is a RWC alt version)

EDIT: They've just updated the page, and there is an alt RWC jersey, and it's lovely.

Only ever buy 'classic' versions so will be interested in seeing the 'classic' fans version.

That ones ****e though.

edit: It wasn't joking about being classic. Think I have this one already

Also, the alternative classic is a cricket jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

They are looking for €87.50 in the pre-order page?! Wow...

Rip off. For what is essentially a piece of green cloth! I feel sorry for anyone who shelled out 150 for "the limited edition" . They paid an extra 60 quid for a frame a cardboard box and a piece of paper.

I'm with ak on this ill wait for the training gear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

That photo is obviously photoshopped so better off waiting until the photo shoot. But ya its going to be very plain.

If one is being released with a sponsor there might be poor take up for it given the vodafone rumours.

• Advertisement

I'll probably get this if it fits well.

ireland-rwc-2015-alternate-pro-jersey-p22290-14767_zoom.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Not mad about the 3d crest. Seems to be less detailed.

The ball at the center of the crest is literally just the shape, no design on it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

OSI wrote: »
    To be fair the limited edition one seems to at least be a proper test jersey rather than a replica. It has the proper 3D crest, transfer world cup logo, and the grip pattern is actually knitted into the shirt. The standard "pro" version has a sewn on world cup patch and the grip pattern is just an impression in the material.

At 90 blips I would expect a proper test jersey.... Proper 3d crest looks shíte... Like a 3 year old could have done it

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Elverys has the "pro" version at 80 euro and the limited edition at 150.

So a little cheaper at least

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Looks a bit like a t-shirt to me, one of those dri-fit types.
    The classic is a pisstake, classic indeed - roll out the pattern of every canterbury jersey before 15 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,608 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Bit of a let down in my opinion. After seeing the detail and stuff in jerseys like the Scots and that I was expecting something more than just a plain drab green jersey.

Yeah, even some white patterns on it would be nice. There's a cool pattern up the oblique area, they could've made that white or something to give it a bit of definition or something.

Still, I do like plain jerseys, so I'd buy if it I was looking for one. Don't like those loopy collars CCC are using tho... unless you're a bodybuilder or pro athlete they just look ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

The old school collar was so nice I was hoping they'd stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Mank and plain. The alternate is decent enough, I'll take a gander at it in the flesh and probably pick it up.

Hagz wrote: »
    The old school collar was so nice I was hoping they'd stick with it.

I thought it looked like an afterthought, too flimsy to look neat up or down, glad its gone.

Alternate kit looks like old Connacht gear.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I thought it looked like an afterthought, too flimsy to look neat up or down, glad its gone.

yeah I liked the idea, but it looked rubbish in the flesh... The English version was much better. Weird that they made two versions....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I don't get the point of the alternate one. The only time we're likely to wear it is if we have to play South Africa and even then their green is so dark it's nearer to black than to our normal green.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I don't get the point of the alternate one. The only time we're likely to wear it is if we have to play South Africa and even then their green is so dark it's nearer to black than to our normal green.

22715d1370214013t-euro-symbol-password-imagescafro157-jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I've made better jersey's on PES 3 :(
    Very disappointed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

I though by alternate its was a third strip which is utterly pointless but theres no white strip by the looks of it and you don't really call your 2nd strip an "away" strip for international rugby.

Looks decent , we've worn black against the Saffa's before and there's no colour clash.

lbj666 wrote: »
    I though by alternate its was a third strip which is utterly pointless but theres no white strip by the looks of it and you don't really call your 2nd strip an "away" strip for international rugby.

Looks decent , we've worn black against the Saffa's before and there's no colour clash.

New Zealand play against South Africa regularly in black, the World 15 played in black against them at the weekend there. It's not a clash, as such, but I do remember us wearing black against them in an Autumn test, maybe 3 years ago, and it was at times difficult to tell them apart, particularly when there was a few players from each team milling around each other.

My only point really is that South Africa are the only other team that wears green and it's so different from our green that we'd be fine just wearing the green.

Australia are the only other team as unlikely as ourselves to need an alternate kit but they still have one, as outlined above, it's all about the money.

EDIT - I suppose the referee needs two different colours for when he's shouting at them. "Roll away green!" could be very confusing.

I reckon they'll use the alt strip atleast once in the pool games just for marketing reasons to sell a few jerseys.

It is a nice jersey, the alt one, in fairness.

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

They both look like training tops.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Oh, it was early! I was only expecting it at "around lunchtime".

I'm disappointed too, if I'm honest. I don't have a classic jersey so I might get that. Maybe the alt jersey.

Looks alright if you stand infront of a green shipping container.

CJ4AiQLW8AAJTBG.jpg:large

Proper pictures of the players wearing them coming out now. Pretty snug looking fit.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

SOB looks like the Hulk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Don't like the neck line on it and is it just me or does €80 odd sound like mental money for one. Elverys are 88 and lifestyle are 80

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

.ak wrote: »
    Looks alright if you stand infront of a green shipping container.

CJ4AiQLW8AAJTBG.jpg:large

They look pretty tight... :pac:

Advertisement