Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you have your savings?

Options
  • 12-06-2015 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭

Well folks, to quote Futurama,"a bank is a place where people put money that isn't properly invested"

Where are your savings? Are you diversified? Have you the right risk balance?

I normally strive to have about 25% of my saving risk free, 35% low risk, 20% medium risk and 20% high(ish) risk.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Underpants.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,433 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Matress

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slideways

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Well folks, to quote Futurama,"a bank is a place where people put money that isn't properly invested"

Where are your savings? Are you diversified? Have you the right risk balance?

I normally strive to have about 25% of my saving risk free, 35% low risk, 20% medium risk and 20% high(ish) risk.
    This year, I invested in pumpkins. They've been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they're going to peak right around January. Then, bang! That's when I'll cash in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

None of your fookin business OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

WTF are savings?
    No recession in your world!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭LadyFenghuang

In the secret place.

My savings are in a cash box which is buried under a large oak tree at the north corner of the big field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Panama. Good interest rates as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

My life savings of circa €200 are currently residing in my wallet. They will be perfectly safe there until tomorrow when I do the weeks shopping for the 4 of us (my family not the band) and put diesel in car for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

In Kovus underpants.

• Advertisement

All in deposit or savings accounts.

Sly 'I have more than one account' post.

Chucken wrote: »
    In Kovus underpants.

Room for one more?

All in deposit or savings accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Under the in-laws mattress just in case you try to murder me for my money. Murder them instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

In uncle Dinys underpants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Chucken wrote: »
    In Kovus underpants.
    Room for one more?

will ye hang on 'til I fix me knickers!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Slideways wrote: »
    This year, I invested in pumpkins. They've been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they're going to peak right around January. Then, bang! That's when I'll cash in.

You fool, Turkeys are where it's really at, they have been going up every winter, I can't wait for January!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I've invested the majority of my savings in blue-chip shares. Steady, if modest growth pattern. I've some money wrapped up in a Fidelity Emerging Markets fund that is really doing rather well. I also make some small punts on emerging clean technology companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭IrishCule

Nice try Mr. Taxman...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Tulip futures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

Bank of Malta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I've invested the majority of my savings in blue-chip shares. Steady, if modest growth pattern. I've some money wrapped up in a Fidelity Emerging Markets fund that is really doing rather well. I also make some small punts on emerging clean technology companies.

Do you use a broker or what?

I aim to spend my monthly salary within the month. Usually come in 10 days ahead of target:cool:

No savings, wedded to my overdraft, and I borrow for holidays and parties. With such a reckless attitude, it's no wonder I work for a bank. :pac:

(actually, I think saving a fairly modest salary during your 20s is unwise)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

I am a 20% shareholder in a new growth area enterprise on a tax free Iberian island.

http://cannapharmacia.es/LZN/

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

I keep my vast wealth of 2c and 5c in a jar..I'm going to retire when I'm only 104yrs old..lucky me eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Saipanne wrote: »
    Do you use a broker or what?

I work in Finance here in Frankfurt. There's 63 floors of brokers, traders, fund managers and investment bankers in the building I work in. And two floors of IT staff in the basement (I kid you not).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

The_Mask wrote: »
    Bank of Malta

I'm on to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Depends on when you bought them, bit of blip in H1 this year. But decent enough overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I work in Finance here in Frankfurt. There's 63 floors of brokers, traders, fund managers and investment bankers in the building I work in. And two floors of IT staff in the basement (I kid you not).

Well Holy God :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Christ, i just bought into a fidelity fund too.
    Maybe I'll be like aongus when i grow up
    Ha ha

Advertisement