Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nutgrove rathfarnham

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

I don't know why they spent so much doing up Tesco and its freezers are too cold, the staff get all the special offers . Gone off Tesco , I now shop between lidl and aldi. Don't know why they opening another lidl although the one on the grange road small.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

What is this crap with Lidl and Aldi opening right beside each other all the time. Those brothers need to calm to fook down.

Are they brothers or cousins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Urban legend. They're not related at all

• Registered Users Posts: 23,265 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Also is much better than Lidl, wish they'd open more on the Southside.

• Advertisement

I would like to see Dunnes food open too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

It's not an urban legend they really do hate each other. I wish they'd just patch things up for the sake of the rest of the family. They have 3 sisters as far as I remember and they still talk to the two of them but have nothing to do with the businesses.

Aldi is actually doing better than Lidl now though so who knows what will happen. It was the opposite 5 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Thanks for enlightening us. Any chance of a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

What is this crap with Lidl and Aldi opening right beside each other all the time. Those brothers need to calm to fook down.

Yes! Stop giving us choice and deals and jobs. The cheek of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

It's not an urban legend they really do hate each other. I wish they'd just patch things up for the sake of the rest of the family. They have 3 sisters as far as I remember and they still talk to the two of them but have nothing to do with the businesses.

Aldi and Lidl are not owned by brothers. They are unconnected. You are confusing Aldi North and Aldi South. Aldi was owned by two brothers but split into those two companies. (Alledgedly over a decision to sell tobacco in the stores).

Aldi South operates in Ireland btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Lidl'll be opening across from the old Homebase, in the old Harvey Norman building, Homestore & more are rumoured to be going into the old Homebase building and Mr Price in the empty unit in Nutgrove Retail Park, (in between Harvey Norman & Harry Corrys);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Aldi is actually doing better than Lidl now though so who knows what will happen. It was the opposite 5 years ago.

They aren't owned by two brothers, it's a fairly common error. People get confused by the split within the Aldi corporation into Aldi North and Aldi South (effectively the northern and southern EU states) over something quite strange, selling cigarettes or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 HouseHunter007

Hey there,
    Anyone got a view on what Mountain View Park (Holylands) is like to live in now? Ie to move in and bring up a daughter. I know the areas, but would like to know if its matured like the way Columbanus has

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Hey there,
    Anyone got a view on what Mountain View Park (Holylands) is like to live in now? Ie to move in and bring up a daughter. I know the areas, but would like to know if its matured like the way Columbanus has

Thanks

Might be better off in a new thread and not one that's 9 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 49 nurik922

Hi Everyone. Planning to buy in Loreto - did anything change? I am getting a lot of friends telling me that area is dodgy and having a son who is going to attend school from next year makes decision even tougher for me since I am afraid of him getting exposure at some point to those dodgy kids that may live in that area

Reading this topic gave me more confidence, but still would like to hear regarding what is going on in that area nowadays.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,265 ✭✭✭✭ted1

ogmac wrote: »
    f*** sake I had a wander round nutgrove ave and even went in the shopping centre little did i know right behind it was a halting site! Dunno what area of rathfarnham it is as you come out of the shopping centre turn left onto the nutgrove road and go towards the yellow house pub its that side but only a few hundred metre's down the road from the shopping centre.

I didnt notice any pubs in the immediate are which I found strange, thats a big minus for me

Yellow house, bottle tower, glen side and Eden would be the closest pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Yourmama

ted1 wrote:
    Yellow house, bottle tower, glen side and Eden would be the closest pubs.

He probably found this out already over the 11 years since the question was asked. If he still lives there that is.

Advertisement