Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Throwing away the chance that you had but didn't want...

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭FSO_Polonez

Okay, I met her in work a few days ago and she did ask me where I disappeared to. I told her that I got thrown out. She said that I didn't come across as being that drunk and then asked why I got thrown out. I just replied that the doorman was just being a pri1ck. I think she bought it...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Thought it would be a mr fegelien thread by the title

wakka12 wrote: »
    Thought it would be a mr fegelien thread by the title

Who's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Who's that?

Just a poster who posts a lot of nonsense about his personal life but it's somehow kind of interesting or at least provocative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

Okay, I met her in work a few days ago and she did ask me where I disappeared to. I told her that I got thrown out. She said that I didn't come across as being that drunk and then asked why I got thrown out. I just replied that the doorman was just being a pri1ck. I think she bought it...

Sorry but that is just sad to read. Why couldn't you just be upfront and honest with her? She didn't deserve that **** no matter how chicken**** you were.

• Advertisement

Sorry but that is just sad to read. Why couldn't you just be upfront and honest with her? She didn't deserve that **** no matter how chicken**** you were.

I know. But what was I supposed to say? If that was with someone who I was probably never going to see again I would have been straight up at the minimum, possibly lost the plot. In this case, I work with the person so I have to tiptoe around the situation...

I know. But what was I supposed to say? If that was with someone who I was probably never going to see again I would have been straight up at the minimum, possibly lost the plot. In this case, I work with the person so I have to tiptoe around the situation...

No you don't have to tiptoe it.Just tell her your not wanting a relationship. Chances are she'd have more respect for you. I still don't get how this generation can function in everyday life by being too timid and scared to upset someone.

I might come across as an asshole I know. But back in my day we didn't do half the **** that's done today.

No you don't have to tiptoe it.Just tell her your not wanting a relationship. Chances are she'd have more respect for you. I still don't get how this generation can function in everyday life by being too timid and scared to upset someone.

Oh, believe me I an not scared of offending people. I've already mentioned the way I reacted towards random strangers who hit on me.

She wasn't confrontational with me the other day, and yes I do have some level of respect for her (if I didn't I would have just been upfront, i.e. harsh) but I can't have anything to do with her that isn't work-related.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭con___manx1

I just freaked out a bit. If a guy said that to a female colleague I'd say the outrage would be justified...

I bet you are one of those millenniums people go on about.

I bet you are one of those millenniums people go on about.

I was born in the mid-80's

• Advertisement

Oh, believe me I an not scared of offending people. I've already mentioned the way I reacted towards random strangers who hit on me.

She wasn't confrontational with me the other day, and yes I do have some level of respect for her (if I didn't I would have just been upfront, i.e. harsh) but I can't have anything to do with her that isn't work-related.

But you didn't respect her enough to be honest with her.In my book that makes you a bitch.

But you didn't respect her enough to be honest with her.In my book that makes you a bitch.

Okay, so what would you have done?

Okay, so what would you have done?

Sorry but I'm not your daddy and it's not my responsibility to instruct you. But given your instance it involves a little bit of tactic and compassion. Both of which you failed in, which is on you no one else. If that is how you have learned to deal with instances like that, the I pity you.

Sorry but I'm not your daddy and it's not my responsibility to instruct you. But given your instance it involves a little bit of tactic and compassion. Both of which you failed in, which is on you no one else. If that is how you have learned to deal with instances like that, the I pity you.

Alright, alright. Are you the one responsible for the white smoke covering the skies around Rome tonight?

Alright, alright. Are you the one responsible for the white smoke covering the skies around Rome tonight?

Seriously you are going to come up with a off the wall comment to deflect from the fact you were in the wrong?

I'll call you out if your in the wrong,Ol Shady don't care about PC bull****.

Seriously you are going to come up with a off the wall comment to deflect from the fact you were in the wrong?

How was I in the wrong?

I was civilised towards her and still am. Unlike many others who tried, I have no animosity towards her at all. I just had to move away as I won't be able to deal with her, which is not her problem.

Okay, a woman being confrontational towards a guy who approached her in a bar is fair game. Which it is. But apparently it doesn't work the other way around? Sorry, no. That is double standards gone space cadet...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭con___manx1

I was born in the mid-80's

Really me to. That girl will be fine. you went about it the right way.
    I do the boring conversation trick to get out of those situations. Just talk about brexit next time. She will run a mile hopefully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I do have some level of respect for her (if I didn't I would have just been upfront)

maybe you need to have less respect for her...

Brexit tho' ...will Boris get a majority? hung parliament again i reckon...

Advertisement