Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-04-2017, 23:25   #1
venlo

how to join a search

if there is a search going on in your area how can you join up or volunteer?

is there a website or number to call?
Advertisement
04-04-2017, 23:26   #2
endacl

Quote:
Originally Posted by venlo View Post
if there is a search going on in your area how can you join up or volunteer?

is there a website or number to call?
If volunteers are required, a call will be put out. If a call is not put out, you'd just as likely be getting in the way of a methodical search, as a private citizen.

Last edited by endacl; 05-04-2017 at 01:53.
(2) thanks from:
04-04-2017, 23:35   #3
venlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by endacl View Post
If volunteers are required, a call will be put out. If a call as the put out, you'd just as likely be getting in the way of a methodical search, as a private citizen.
thanks enda

so if a person (who feels qualified) wants to lend a pair of eyes, to the saerch

are you saying that person should just work alone and not try to join up with the co-ordinated search
07-04-2017, 01:05   #4
limericklad87

Feels qualified or is qualified........

What's he saying is that if volunteers are required then they will be requested.

No one should be doing anything on their own
Thanks from:
07-04-2017, 01:15   #5
JayZeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by venlo View Post
thanks enda

so if a person (who feels qualified) wants to lend a pair of eyes, to the saerch

are you saying that person should just work alone and not try to join up with the co-ordinated search
You're either participating as part of a coordinated search operation (volunteers will always be supervised by an appropriate agency resource) or you ARE a liability in one way or another. It's one or the other.

Learn this mantra:

I will not deliberately act in any way that will divert resources to searching/rescueing/aiding me just because I felt I was a fully qualified Walter Mitty.

Sorry if that's unnecessarily harsh, but the underlying message is absolutely valid. If you're not 'tasked', you most likely a distracting nuisance to those who are in best case and at worst, you'll disturb evidence or end up needing help yourself.

Join your local Civil Defence if you want to help your community in an organised manner.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion