Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
19-11-2016, 01:02   #1
limericklad87
Registered User
 
limericklad87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 633
All very quiet around here

So to jump-start the chat can anyone indulge me on changes for an EMT in the upcoming 2016 CPGs
limericklad87 is offline  
Advertisement
19-11-2016, 09:19   #2
ectoraige
Registered User
 
ectoraige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by limericklad87 View Post
So to jump-start the chat can anyone indulge me on changes for an EMT in the upcoming 2016 CPGs
Naloxone will change anyway to IM for now. I wonder if NEB might be explored as another route for it down the line.
ectoraige is offline  
19-11-2016, 10:06   #3
sjb25
Registered User
 
sjb25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by limericklad87 View Post
So to jump-start the chat can anyone indulge me on changes for an EMT in the upcoming 2016 CPGs
pentrox (green whistle) be to be fancy methoxyflurane
Also A antihistamine of some sort
Naloxone IM
epinephrine vials instead of auto injector I heard aswell
sjb25 is offline  
19-11-2016, 18:43   #4
limericklad87
Registered User
 
limericklad87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 633
With the current recall of the MAD devices IM might not be a bad call
limericklad87 is offline  
20-11-2016, 11:15   #5
sjb25
Registered User
 
sjb25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by limericklad87 View Post
With the current recall of the MAD devices IM might not be a bad call
Possibly but that MAD issue will be sorted I'm sure IN is a handy route no sharps and anytime iv used it it works well
sjb25 is offline  
Advertisement
20-11-2016, 11:17   #6
flazio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,512
You should know better than to use the Q word around the Emergency services.
flazio is offline  
Thanks from:
20-11-2016, 15:13   #7
timmywex
Registered User
 
timmywex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb25 View Post
pentrox (green whistle) be to be fancy methoxyflurane
Also A antihistamine of some sort
Naloxone IM
epinephrine vials instead of auto injector I heard aswell
The EPI vials makes so much sense, trained to use IM as it stands and an absolute fraction of the cost of the fast expiring auto injectors!
timmywex is offline  
Thanks from:
01-12-2016, 18:38   #8
Doyler1234
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 5
Yes, it will be epi vials from EMTs and they will drop the epipen down to EFR, so the cost will still be there for most organisations!
Doyler1234 is offline  
12-12-2016, 20:19   #9
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 37
Naloxone will still be IN for EMT. I know because I have read over the 2016 formulary

Ibuprophen will have a 600mg dose for moderate pain.

Also as I read it the Epi is still auto injector for EMT and assist for efr.
blackmark is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
13-12-2016, 13:26   #10
RiderOnTheStorm
Registered User
 
RiderOnTheStorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmark
Naloxone will still be IN for EMT. I know because I have read over the 2016 formulary

Naloxone has just become IM as the manufacturer of the IN / Mad device has recalled all the products. Not sure if this will be included in the new CPGs. Should be.
RiderOnTheStorm is offline  
13-12-2016, 14:05   #11
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderOnTheStorm View Post
Naloxone has just become IM as the manufacturer of the IN / Mad device has recalled all the products. Not sure if this will be included in the new CPGs. Should be.
The CPG states IN. there seems to be confusion over this but im sure PHECC will clarify.
blackmark is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet