Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer Recruitment 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

publicjobs.ie typically email/text everyone together giving the results of the tests, and maybe an indication of the number likely to be selected for interview / additional tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kevwalsh044

Leanne7011 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything yet? Will we hear something either way or just if we progress?

Just got a text at 17.30 this evening to say I had a message on my public jobs profile . I was unsuccessful so you will get word one way or another. 😢 best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Leanne7011

Sad to say I was unsuccessful also. I qualified but not high enough. My number is 955. I would love to know how many applied or the odds of 355 people not going ahead 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 39 OskerWilde!

Was successful but not in the top 600 who are being called so somewhat disappointed... Maybe next round. :(

Was successful but not in the top 600 who are being called so somewhat disappointed... Maybe next round. :(

Is there a next round that we can apply for next year or something or will we be kept on a list?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

I'm in the mid 500s there. Stage two is in two weeks time in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jay days

So if we didnt place in the top 600 is that it or is there any chance of getting called at a later stage? Im so disappointed, really wanted it. Wonder how many people actually applied??

jay days wrote: »
    So if we didnt place in the top 600 is that it or is there any chance of getting called at a later stage? Im so disappointed, really wanted it. Wonder how many people actually applied??

I'm guessing there is a bit of hope if people drop out or don't make it past the interview or whatever but I'm number 955 so I don't think there's much hope for me. I would love someone to be able to tell me different but I doubt it. I would love to know how many applied too though.

I wonder will it open again next year or will they work just off those who applied for the next three years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

I'm guessing there is a bit of hope if people drop out or don't make it past the interview or whatever but I'm number 955 so I don't think there's much hope for me. I would love someone to be able to tell me different but I doubt it. I would love to know how many applied too though.

I wonder will it open again next year or will they work just off those who applied for the next three years...

What did you get in each of the sections out of interest?

What did you get in each of the sections out of interest?

Off the top of my head I got the lowest bracket for numerical, the middle bracket for verbal and the highest bracket for job stimulation.. how about you?

I'm no good at aptitudes tests unfortunately

• Advertisement

Off the top of my head I got the lowest bracket for numerical, the middle bracket for verbal and the highest bracket for job stimulation.. how about you?

I'm no good at aptitudes tests unfortunately

Think I got near enough full marks for the verbal and just scraped thru the other two.

Think I got near enough full marks for the verbal and just scraped thru the other two.

What number were you placed?

What number were you placed?

Near the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

Near the front.

How do you know the full scores? like we'll say hypothetically i got 630 in verbal ? how do you know what 100% score would of been ? :)

CorkColin wrote: »
    How do you know the full scores? like we'll say hypothetically i got 630 in verbal ? how do you know what 100% score would of been ? :)

700 is usually 100% in tests from this crowd.

Ah right :) cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 eldel1

Anyone any idea when will find out date and time for supervised tests?

Better be soon :) i dont think work will be too pleased with such short notice :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭curiousoranje

I barely passed the bizarrely difficult numerical reasoning bit, so will be very worried of not passing in the supervised exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DeccieDarcy

I got top third for all 3 sections yet only placed 454.. Confusing...

• Advertisement

Dates and Times are out :)

Stage 2 20/09/16.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭curiousoranje

I got top third for all 3 sections yet only placed 454.. Confusing...

I was near top qualifying score in verbal and job sim but shat the bed in numerical and am in the 200's. Maybe the time you complete it in is a factor, or one category is weighted higher than another. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Got mid 600s anyone know if ill have a chance being called to stage 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Can anyone also tell me the full process after interviews... Vetting, Medical, Physical and what they each entail.

Thanks

Wolf00 wrote: »
    I'm 37 and a mother of 3. I have applied, we have as good a chance as everyone else... hopefully

Good for you.
    Im 44 this wk with 2 grown lads and 2 nippers and i applied ( made first 600).
    I reckon theyd appreciate people with more experience anyway.

OL16 wrote: »
    Am I mad applying at age 48?! Condition's of job, pension, et cetera. Am I wasting my time, and there's.

Thanks for replies in advance.

Well if youre thinking of changing jobs the pension end of things prob isnt an issue. As for age, you are def not too old.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Jakeren7

Does anyone know how many applied n will their be a second round

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭User16

Alan Shatter said in 2013:

I can also inform the Deputy that there are currently 503 candidates remaining on a panel who have passed phase 1 (aptitude test) of the existing Recruit Prison Officer recruitment process but who have yet to be called to stage 2. This competition was run in 2008. A further 77 candidates have passed phase 2 (interview) of the process and have been placed on a panel in anticipation of further recruitment, subject to pre-employment checks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 eldel1

Did people get the test familiarisation material today for supervised tests?? Wondering as I haven't

Advertisement