Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tommy Robinson

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

#dontbelieveher

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭JoeCasey

Judgement Before Facts. Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Removalist

3 middle aged men at centre parcs, no kids or family with them. Dirty animals got off light.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

#dontbelieveher

I don’t believe *him*.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

If the allegation was true and the suspect admitted he did it why hasn't he been arrested ?

• Advertisement

BanditLuke wrote: »
    If the allegation was true and the suspect admitted he did it why hasn't he been arrested ?

Maybe he accidentally groped the childs arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,526 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Billy Mays wrote: »
    TR News lol

That is beyond hilarious.

:D

KiKi III wrote: »
    I don’t believe *him*.
    do you #believeher though?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,153 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

do you #believeher though?

Is this supposed to be clever, edgy or something?

Yaxley-Lennon should have informed the Police if this happened. The fact that he didn't and decided to film himself smacking someone suggests that he's just after some publicity.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Yaxley-Lennon should have informed the Police if this happened. The fact that he didn't and decided to film himself smacking someone suggests that he's just after some publicity.

Haven't seen a video of him smacking someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,526 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

TBF to him, it must be hard to fill in the time on TR News.

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,153 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Boggles wrote: »
    TBF to him, it must be hard to fill in the time on TR News.

:pac:

True. Must have to generate some controversy now and again so Breitbart and the like can justify interviewing him.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Theres a video of him smacking someone?

so you dont believe the child, fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I would suggest that when you're a young child whose father's life work is trying to prove that anybody with brown skin is a child molester it could skew your view of people with brown skin.

I would take any allegation incredibly seriously from any child, but the daughter of TR just happens to get sexually assaulted? Either this is a complete fabrication or some pervert has just done immeasurable damage to the muslim community in Britain. I sincerely hope it's the former.

i've no idea what happened, i wasn't there, could be a total hoax. i just dont think an 8 year old who says she got molested should be automatically disbelieved because of who her dad is.

Quote me where I said that please.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Link?

You said he filmed himself smacking someone. Can you post a link to the video?

so you do believe her, or you dont know?

• Advertisement

so you do believe her, or you dont know?

It's Yaxley-Lennon who made this claim. It's him I do not believe.

H. H. Asquith

hmmm, he has a video of him talking to his daughter and her saying the man touched her bum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Ah so you expect 8 year olds to making the complaints not the parents, makes perfect sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Ah while I think Lennon is a thug, I don't like seeing a claim of sexual assault of a child dismissed just because it was made by someone not liked. This would not be deemed acceptable if it was someone who isn't Lennon.

Maybe it's bullsh1t but we don't know either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Very disturbing if true.

Sure. We have a video of SYL being arrested and making a disturbance and a load of accusations. Some people will tell you the video shows Steven is a hero but all I see is SYL getting the publicity he thrives on.

His supporters will tell you the video is proof so something. I think it’s a video of SYL being noisy, abusive and making accusations. From what we can see there is only one person the police should focus on in that moment and they were focused on the right guy.

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Ah so you expect 8 year olds to making the complaints not the parents, makes perfect sense.

Look. Another thing I didn't say.

H. H. Asquith

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Ah while I think Lennon is a thug, I don't like seeing a claim of sexual assault of a child dismissed just because it was made by someone not liked. This would not be deemed acceptable if it was someone who isn't Lennon.

People are dismissing Yaxley-Lennon, not the child. Pretending otherwise is just disingenuous.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If his daughter is making these accusations, they should absolutely be followed up on and investigated, and I can understand why SYL would have tried to prevent the guy from leaving.

However, once the police arrived, SYL should have relented, let them deal with it and not started having a go at the police. I get why he'd be angry, but all he's doing is giving a reason for the police to treat him as the aggressor and the other guy as the victim. The fact they then recorded SYL arguing with the police and posted that online speaks more about SYL's intentions than anything else imo. Why on earth would he post that online?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Raconteuse wrote: »

Maybe if he stopped causing a disturbance for a few minutes, it would give the police a chance to take some attention away from him and investigate the allegation. But that just wouldn’t be the his style.

I can’t dismiss the accusation. Just like I couldn’t dismiss any accusation no matter how much I like or dislike someone involved. But as far as we know there is nothing but an accusation. And an accusation isn’t enough evidence to conclude one way or the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What does anyone here think is more likely

1. An eight-year old girl was sexually assaulted in a very public place, by a man with a middle-eastern "look", who just happens to be the daughter of a criminal with a widely known reputation for being racist, especially against those with a middle-eastern "look".

2. A man with convictions for violence and losing the head, reknowned for racism, defamation and attention-seeking, attacked a man and then attempted to deflect from what he'd done by making claims that the man was a paedophile.

I know where my money is.

I have no doubt the allegations against the other man will be investigated. That doesn't mean SCYL isn't a complete scumbag though.

Advertisement