Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunstroke 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Im hoping with us seemingly taking more measures than the UK to tackle the virus im hoping that will increase the chances of this going ahead :pac::pac:

The UK have now taken stronger measures than Ireland...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Penfailed wrote: »
    The UK have now taken stronger measures than Ireland...

True but that was after doing nothing before taking this measure while at least we had already implemented measures. Although id say more measures are coming within a few mins

Btw im just clutching at straws that it goes ahead ha

True but that was after doing nothing before taking this measure while at least we had already implemented measures. Although id say more measures are coming within a few mins

Btw im just clutching at straws that it goes ahead ha

I'll be gutted if it doesn't...not least because I bought Sepultura and The Hu albums in anticipation! 🀣

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

was really looking forward to this, was also going to Maiden and Rammstein up north. I'd say they will all be cancelled.

I'd imagine small gigs will be introduced first later in the summer with large gatherings maybe not till next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Hopefully Deftones, FNM etc. book stand alones for next year when this is cancelled.

• Advertisement

Download cancelled which is the same weekend as Sunstroke which shares a number of bands

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Download cancelled which is the same weekend as Sunstroke which shares a number of bands

There goes any dwindling optimism now.

There goes any dwindling optimism now.

I'm not giving up yet ha, although overdrive have said they are expecting an announcement within the coming days or sooner. Could be the generic festival announcement where they are monitoring the situation etc or could be the cancellation­.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Gonzo wrote: »
    was really looking forward to this, was also going to Maiden and Rammstein up north. I'd say they will all be cancelled.

I'd imagine small gigs will be introduced first later in the summer with large gatherings maybe not till next year.

Singer from Rammstein is in ICU so that ones definitely a goner. Wishing him a speedy and full recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

FnM rescheduled May's Aus/NZ tour to next feb, only a matter of days before they pull the plug on the euro tour and Sunstroke.

Glad it's not going ahead, rather get all this **** with the virus sorted, then we can enjoy ourselves at a festival, just wouldn't seem right having this in 2 months time

• Advertisement

Hellfest in France has been postponed till next year

Hellfest in France has been postponed till next year

Well essentially their 15th addition is postponed, Hellfest not taking place in 2020 is without doubt a cancellation.

Every festival/event in June anyway are all unofficially not going ahead most are just waiting on the restriction to be applied by their various governments so they can confirm the obvious.

By the end of this month/May the hammer will then likely be falling on July's events.

Did you read the Hellfest statement? They name an insurance company that isnt being cooperative on a figure of 175k and say to them publicly f-ck you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

Wish they’d just announce the postponement or cancellation at this point

DylanB85 wrote: »
    Wish they’d just announce the postponement or cancellation at this point

Yep. It's inevitably going to be one or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Itll just be a cancellation realistically.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭limabromac

Zwillinge wrote: »

Nothing up on their website/fb/twitter pages at all, just a message on Ticketmaster ...Organisers could've sent an aul heads-up.....looks like they weren't organised at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Could be a case of this never happening

I imagine is not as easy as just saying 'same lineup, similar dates , same venue just put it back a year '

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Was at the one in 94 https://www.setlist.fm/festival/1994/sunstroke-1994-53d69305.html

It rained in the evening but what a lineup :eek:

It was class. Soundgarden cancelled, but in the end nobody really minded.

limabromac wrote: »
    Nothing up on their website/fb/twitter pages at all, just a message on Ticketmaster ...Organisers could've sent an aul heads-up.....looks like they weren't organised at all...

Really bad form to cancel without any notification or heads-up.

I hope it did sell well though and they can try again for next year. Was listening to some of the bands earlier and just felt sad for June 2020 - it was too good to be true.

• Advertisement

limabromac wrote: »

I'd find it hard to find fault with anyone whose product relies on gatherings right now, I'm not sure what heads up should have been delivered the promoter and TM sleep in the same bed in this instance anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭limabromac

T'would have been a great festival with proper good music so fingers crossed for 2021... The neighbours won't be too happy with my Spotify Sunstroke Social Isolation Backyard Festival for two in June ..😂

Yeah absolutely disgraceful that they stop ticket sales in advance of an impending announcement that the event can't actually function without people, mad stuff altogether :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

3DataModem wrote: »
    It was class. Soundgarden cancelled, but in the end nobody really minded.

They played it in 95 in the RDS, I was at both, great great days

Yeah absolutely disgraceful that they stop ticket sales in advance of an impending announcement that the event can't actually function without people, mad stuff altogether :rolleyes:

Haha I knew realistically it wasn't going ahead.
    Am well aware.
    I'm just being grumpy sure.

I do think they should have made an official announcement though to be fair. The two could have happened simultaneously without any issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

I hope it did sell well though and they can try again for next year. Was listening to some of the bands earlier and just felt sad for June 2020 - it was too good to be true.

There were so many good gigs line up for then. I had spent most of last December getting accommodation and travel sorted for it. Bah humbug

Yes
    Sunstroke
    Rammstein
    Maiden
    GNR

Now all gone I'm sure

Penfailed wrote: »
    I do think they should have made an official announcement though to be fair. The two could have happened simultaneously without any issue.

Whats the need for urgency?

I'm interested in the massive impact holding off on telling you something I gather you already knew was more than possible compels you to take issue with.

Is there any implications for severing agreements prior to the government confirming they are upholding restrictions extending into the period for instance?

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Yeah,was hitting them gigs and Maiden and Pearl Jam in Berlin also. Booked hotel in Berlin with no cancellation so hoping i can change that to next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Whats the need for urgency?
    I'm interested in the massive impact holding off on telling you something I gather you already knew was more than possible compels you to take issue with.

Probably not answering your question but I'm finding they are all trying to just keep my money, from Airlines to Events Organisers to Sky TV. We're all in it together all of a sudden :)

So the lack of information makes me presume these guys too are trying to keep my money.(probably incorrectly presumed by me I hold my hands up).

Just grumpy I suppose.

Advertisement