Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National - Donnybrook Stadium - 15th & 16th June 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Re 'Sounds From A Safe Harbour, The National was announced in early May back in '17 so I'd imagine we'll get some news shortly.

But on Bon Iver, rumours are a new album later this year... plus no Irish date last year or rumoured this year may put him in the mix.

I'm hoping so anyways as can't make his headline APE show in London on June Bank Holiday weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Yeah that's a nice SFASH shaped hole on their listing for The National. Might get an announcement week after next alright after album launch! :)

Just ln Bon Iver see he has announced tour dates in Autumn before SFASH, could bode well of starting European tour shortly after here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭fafy

Am i correct in saying, the All Together Now announcement soecifically said, it was their only gig in ireland this year, fairly sure thats what was said at the time, but either way they will be here soon, and will be great to see them again

• Advertisement

fafy wrote: »
    Am i correct in saying, the All Together Now announcement soecifically said, it was their only gig in ireland this year, fairly sure thats what was said at the time, but either way they will be here soon, and will be great to see them again
    Don't think they were indicated as being an "exclusive" or anything like that..

Basq wrote: »
    Don't think they were indicated as being an "exclusive" or anything like that..

My mistake, if thats the case, they will defintely be pkaying here, if not indoor later this yeat, at a largescale outdoor gig next year, as they have been gradually been moving up in venue size., and deservedly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭whatever76

My mistake, if thats the case, they will defintely be pkaying here, if not indoor later this yeat, at a largescale outdoor gig next year, as they have been gradually been moving up in venue size., and deservedly so.

true but to be honest after donnybrook last year I be slow to go see them in A large venue ( indoor or outdoor) I was lucky to get ticket for the opera house in 2017 - nothing going to beat that it was EPIC - the music is more suited to smaller indoor venues IMO...

whatever76 wrote: »
    true but to be honest after donnybrook last year I be slow to go see them in A large venue ( indoor or outdoor) I was lucky to get ticket for the opera house in 2017 - nothing going to beat that it was EPIC - the music is more suited to smaller indoor venues IMO...

It was indeed an epic gig, my #1 gig for 2017, barely got a ticket myself!

Think that was Fontaines DC, was advertised as their only Irish festival gig during the summer afaik.

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »
    Think that was Fontaines DC, was advertised as their only Irish festival gig during the summer afaik.

Yes, thats it, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

album out next week, 4/5 stars in the IT today: https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/the-national-i-am-easy-to-find-review-a-bold-ambitious-collision-of-the-past-present-1.3884722

a few UK dates added today too, at the end of the year. the 3Arena has nothing listed for the 12th December....

TheNational_may10--1.jpg

They've added Lisbon on December 12 to the tour and said that show will be the last gig of the tour. Might be able to squeeze in an Irish slot somewhere else? Or maybe they'll just wait until 2020 to come back after ATN.

Very much enjoying the album so would love to see it in a good, small, indoor venue.

They've added Lisbon on December 12 to the tour and said that show will be the last gig of the tour. Might be able to squeeze in an Irish slot somewhere else? Or maybe they'll just wait until 2020 to come back after ATN.

Very much enjoying the album so would love to see it in a good, small, indoor venue.
    Yeah, they'll be back next year I'd say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

I’m not 100% sure but sometimes festivals have clauses that prevent bands playing/announcing a show within 6 months of their date, and can’t announce until after the festival happens. So you might just see a Dublin show added after ATN? No idea if thts the case here but it is for big festivals in the UK

I’m not 100% sure but sometimes festivals have clauses that prevent bands playing/announcing a show within 6 months of their date, and can’t announce until after the festival happens. So you might just see a Dublin show added after ATN? No idea if thts the case here but it is for big festivals in the UK

Maybe but ATN sold out too so wouldn't affect it! Was expecting to announce a gig of some description, but who knows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I didn't expect to hear before ATN tbh but with the way the dates on the tour have been added, I'd say it's not too likely that we get another Irish show this year. It's a short tour and the only real gap is before the Warsaw show - and it wouldn't make sense to go Ireland and then Poland, you'd surely link the Irish shows to the UK leg.

Anyway, here's hoping for 2020 at Cork Opera House!!

I didn't expect to hear before ATN tbh but with the way the dates on the tour have been added, I'd say it's not too likely that we get another Irish show this year. It's a short tour and the only real gap is before the Warsaw show - and it wouldn't make sense to go Ireland and then Poland, you'd surely link the Irish shows to the UK leg.

Anyway, here's hoping for 2020 at Cork Opera House!!

Would be 2021 if SFASH is every 2 years I reckon!

Dunno does this mean could get gigs here before or after this next year then.. https://twitter.com/TheNational/status/1141088237886345217?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

between that, and Lisbon being the last date on the winter tour, I can't see there being any standalone gig here in the next 12 months. Hardly going to throw in a gig in little old Ireland on the way home from New Zealand....
    Maybe SFASH next year, but probably just have to wait until the next album tour. :(

• Advertisement

between that, and Lisbon being the last date on the winter tour, I can't see there being any standalone gig here in the next 12 months. Hardly going to throw in a gig in little old Ireland on the way home from New Zealand....
    Maybe SFASH next year, but probably just have to wait until the next album tour. :(

Yeah maybe! SFASH only every 2 years so far so guess it would be 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭whatever76

new stuff is sounding great live - good recording of a show few weeks back here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciiisDiK4VQ

whatever76 wrote: »
    new stuff is sounding great live - good recording of a show few weeks back here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciiisDiK4VQ
    they uploaded it later with new, improved audio:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBNkEyj_YE

Lucky Aussies getting Phoebe Bridgers as support!

might as well post these in here:

Concert video out on Friday on Amazon Prime, recorded in NY earlier in the year, pretty much the new album in full, plus a few more tracks:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-national/2019/beacon-theatre-new-york-ny-63936a37.html
    You Had Your Soul With You (with Julien Baker)
    Quiet Light
    Roman Holiday
    The Pull of You
    Hey Rosey
    Oblivions (with Brooklyn Youth Chorus)
    I Am Easy to Find (with Brooklyn Youth Chorus)
    Her Father in the Pool (with Brooklyn Youth Chorus) (Live debut)
    So Far So Fast (with Brooklyn Youth Chorus)
    Dust Swirls in Strange Light (with Brooklyn Youth Chorus) (Live debut)
    Rylan (with Brooklyn Youth Chorus)
    Underwater (with Brooklyn Youth Chorus) (Live debut)
    Hairpin Turns
    Where Is Her Head (with Julien Baker)
    Light Years

Encore:
    Not in Kansas (with Brooklyn Youth Chorus)
    The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness
    Bloodbuzz Ohio
    Fake Empire

And while waiting for that, they played 2 sets at Pukkelpop last weekend, the setlist for the second was a public vote (unfortunately not as adventurous as I'd have hoped!)

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-national/2019/domein-kiewit-hasselt-belgium-439fcfb3.html
    Rylan
    Mistaken for Strangers
    Bloodbuzz Ohio
    I Need My Girl
    This Is the Last Time
    Conversation 16 (Tour debut)
    All the Wine
    Slow Show
    England (Tour debut)
    Carin at the Liquor Store
    Fake Empire
    Light Years
    Mr. November
    Terrible Love
    About Today
    Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks

presuming the June gigs will be cancelled.

here's the Beacon Theatre, New York Blu-Ray gig in the meantime
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VpoG_zfHkSIRHw0Vu0gSG6-WeGaegNkn/

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

presuming the June gigs will be cancelled.

here's the Beacon Theatre, New York Blu-Ray gig in the meantime
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VpoG_zfHkSIRHw0Vu0gSG6-WeGaegNkn/

Presume so too unfortunately, had Belfast and Cork booked :(

Thanks for linking that, downloaded it already. Stay safe ghost :)

Yeah, have Limerick booked but assuming as much.

I'd be surprised if they even reschedule them tbh.

Say its only a matter of time alright! Yeah with the venues, say they might not be rescheduled. Unless they come back next year or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

They were to play in lisbon festival on June 21st and its cancelled now . Reckon all will get pulled now :(

Advertisement