Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know anyone with bipolar?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

I hope you take the bolded post seriously

Why do you guys always suggest that I'm mentally insane? Why jump on that ship? What in my posts signifies that I'm mentally ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Well what did I experience then? It was psychosis of some sort no?? I basically felt extrmely elated in 2013, tried castrating myself and performing other self mutilation acts (which felt good). Then when I realized none of the goals I had would come true, I crashed hard in the beginning of 2014 and at proceeded to attack a family member.
    Why do you guys always suggest that I'm mentally insane? Why jump on that ship? What in my posts signifies that I'm mentally ill.

seriously ?

Your psychiatrist told you that what you experienced mirrored bipolar, that is not equal to diagnosing you with same. Would you consider seeking a referral to meet with a psychiatrist again?

I already saw one in Drogheda. I've told them ALL these things and they aren't concerned AFAIK.

Trust me, trust me, it's not just one psychiatrist that knows about me. I've been to one in St, John of Gods in Stillorgan, Cluain Mhuire in Blackrock, liasion psychiatrists in Beaumont hospital and now currently one with the HSE in Drogheda

I already saw one in Drogheda. I've told them ALL these things and they aren't concerned AFAIK.

Trust me, trust me, it's not just one psychiatrist that knows about me. I've been to one in St, John of Gods in Stillorgan, Cluain Mhuire in Blackrock, liasion psychiatrists in Beaumont hospital and now currently one with the HSE in Drogheda

You are attending a psychiatrist then? Have they given you a diagnosis and/medication? Is there a plan in place for you?

Now you don't need to answer those questions here. It is your own business. I have a feeling you need a little bit more input is all.

You are attending a psychiatrist then? Have they given you a diagnosis and/medication? Is there a plan in place for you?

Now you don't need to answer those questions here. It is your own business. I have a feeling you need a little bit more input is all.

Yes, I was prescribed 8mg of the antipsychotic, risperidone and 20mg of the antidepressant, trintellix. Run out of them though and no job to refill them. I got the prescription but have no cash at all so ****ed.

That's why my posts may be all over the place.

• Advertisement

Yes, I was prescribed 8mg of the antipsychotic, risperidone and 20mg of the antidepressant, trintellix. Run out of them though and no job to refill them. I got the prescription but have no cash at all so ****ed.

Ok. First thing. Its really important that you take your meds. Are you entitled to a medical card?

Second thing. You need more than meds. You need someone to talk to. Family, friends. Someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Where are your parents? Will they not pay for your medication?

They're abroad in Africa. Staying there for a month. Just left me with food in the fridge but no money. They're in the villege but have no access to internet or bank.

We don't know the lads circumstances. There is help out there for young people in difficult family situations.

Edit: Ah ok. Some clarity has been given.

They're abroad in Africa. Staying there for a month. Just left me with food in the fridge but no money. They're in the villege but have no access to internet or bank.
    That went away for a month, knew you were on and needed meds, and didn't ensure you had at least a month's supply? OK.

• Advertisement

This is crazy OP. Are you being truthful?

giphy.gif

We don't know the lads circumstances. There is help out there for young people in difficult family situations.

Edit: Ah ok. Some clarity has been given.

In fairness, he has mentioned them many times.

In fairness, he has mentioned them many times.

We don't know the ins and outs of his home life is what I mean.

Has the OP contacted citizens advice, i can not see leaving a vulnerable person without required meds being acceptable, though a bill for meds could not be paid at a later date no ? when is parent are home from the village with no access to bank accounts :pac:

Its sad to see when there are honest answers from people regards to help if the OP situ was real.

But imo he talking through his hoop at this stage and trying to a lazy attempt at trolling or a crowd funding exercise.

Eitherway if im wrong he was offered honest and good advice by posters and if not i suppose people do waste there entire wages of frivolous gifts

Also who pays for the psychiatrists ? like one in St, John of Gods in Stillorgan, Cluain Mhuire in Blackrock, liasion psychiatrists in Beaumont hospital and now currently one with the HSE in Drogheda

This is crazy OP. Are you being truthful?

Well I'm 21 so they trusted me to the house.

Also who pays for the psychiatrists ? like one in St, John of Gods in Stillorgan, Cluain Mhuire in Blackrock, liasion psychiatrists in Beaumont hospital and now currently one with the HSE in Drogheda

No one. They're free...

But didn't ensure you had sufficient meds when they left you alone for a month?

Sorry, something isn't ringing true.

Why didn't your parents ensure you have enough meds and money?

• Advertisement

Why didn't your parents ensure you have enough meds and money?

They don't trust me with money. To be honest, the only reason they didn't fill it in was because I forgot to tell them of my upcoming appointment before they left.

They fill my Leap Card, and buy food but don't give any cash. Don't trust me with it.

They don't trust me with money. To be honest, the only reason they didn't fill it in was because I forgot to tell them of my upcoming appointment before they left.

They fill my Leap Card, and buy food but don't give any cash. Don't trust me with it.

Ok going purely by the information you gave Mr F, your parents are very irresponsible. They feel that they can't give you money but yet are able to leave you alone for a month? If I were you I would contact St Vincent DePaul and also jigsaw.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

You allegedly have all this going on yet you start threads about teachers and students riding ?. I smell Bullshíť

• Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Why?

Because:
    You allegedly have all this going on yet you start threads about teachers and students riding ?. I smell Bullshíť

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

You allegedly have all this going on yet you start threads about teachers and students riding ?.

What's the criteria for having a mental illness, not posting certain topics on boards? What utter crap.

I knew one person with BPD, very nice girl. It wasn't easy for her at all :(

As for all the professional on here saying that you either have it or you don't, that's pretty true, but there are varying levels of BPD, just with any mental illness. Nobody on here is qualified to tell you what you do and do not have so don't listen to them.

Do, however, seek help. Even if it's just a phone call. You might want to cope on your own but it may become worse for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Nope, it's not compulsory to stay in relationships with people with a mental illness. Better running off sooner than later, and this is experience talking.

Interestingly, many severe mental illnesses disappear for a while after dialysis, suggesting that they are physical in origin.[/QUOTE]

Wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

What's the criteria for having a mental illness, not posting certain topics on boards? What utter crap.

I knew one person with BPD, very nice girl. It wasn't easy for her at all :(

As for all the professional on here saying that you either have it or you don't, that's pretty true, but there are varying levels of BPD, just with any mental illness. Nobody on here is qualified to tell you what you do and do not have so don't listen to them.

Do, however, seek help. Even if it's just a phone call. You might want to cope on your own but it may become worse for you.
    Nobody is diagnosing the op but repeating what his psychiatrist told him about five years ago when he went through a period where his symptoms mirrored bipolar. His psychiatrist didn't give a bipolar diagnosis and that's what people are going off.

The op is still under care but worryingly has been left on his own for a month without access to his medication. This is worrying for two reasons. 1 Not having his medication isn't going to help him and 2 coming off medication cold turkey can result in serious withdrawal symptoms. Op may have forgotton to tell his parents about his refill but they really should be paying closer attention to his medical needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭littlemisshobo

Mental Health week clearly had a good outcome with so many understanding and empathetic posts here 🙄

****ing hell. Bipolar has a list of common symptoms but that doesn't mean everyone experiences those symptoms in every episode. Also some people are just not nice whether they've a mental health condition or not. Judging all of us with bipolar by actions of the odd person you know or heard of is a disgrace.

Manic episode could include excessive spending but may not. We arent all violent. Naraccism is not bipolar, it is Naraccism.

I often wonder if people judge me because I'm Bipolar. And I think a lot do. Like comments here - clearly lacking insight but quick to judge. Despite me being stable since diagnosis - I see the look people have when they hear bipolar. We need better education around the range of mental illnesses.

I'm sure the biggest dickhead comments have some ****e on Facebook about its OK to not be OK and my door is always open.

To OP, don't go drugs. Really increases risk of episodes and mania actually damages your brain.

To others with bipolar, stay on your medication. Keep linked in with services. Know your red flags and talk to trusted family and friends about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭littlemisshobo

You should go back to psychiatrist. Antidepressants are dangerous with bipolar as they have very high risk of triggering mania.

**edit: don't come off any meds without psychiatric supervision. Withdrawal with trigger an episode. Call your psychiatrist and explain situation, get appointment ASAP. Pharmacy can provide emergency supply of medication and your psychiatrist can fax prescription to them. Erratic posting could very well be red flag for mania.***

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MrAbyss

All the Extinction Rebellion/SJW/Woke types you saw dancing the other day, will be currently in the corner of their room with the lights off and sobbing hysterically. I never met one single 'activist' type who was not bi-polar. Their need to control everyone else is born out of not being able to get their own lives together.

This is why we should not indulge these types.

Advertisement