Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What school rules did you break?

• 09-10-2019 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,832 ✭✭✭✭

I'm out of school nearly ten years now, off the top off my head tough,
    Uniform issues.(Principal had a thing for ties and black shoes)
    Not doing homework.
    Mobile phone use.
    Smoking.
    Drinking on trips. tours.(However the teacher did bring us to a pub on a tour)
    We also had spare keys off the school floating about.
    Talking, being disruptive, etc.
    Generally being a prick.
    Cheating in stupid text and exams.
    I normally got away with most of it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Such a rebel

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

We surrounded the principal and threw food at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,832 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We surrounded the principal and threw food at him.

Nuts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's almost 60 years ago, so a distant blur now but smoking was certainly one thing. I never saw a rule against it but borrowing a bottle of trichloromethane (chloroform) and knocking a few guys out for a while was probably frowned upon at least .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

What an exciting thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Stoned as fcuk in science glass, my mind making all these wonderful connections with the tubes and glass containers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Not me, but my brother and his mates took the wheels off their tutors car and left it on bricks.

Was done as a prank, they hung around to watch his reaction and then they put them back on.

The tutor saw the funny side of it apparently, but the principal was not impressed when she found out and they got suspended for a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I divided by 0, even though we were told not to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I used to bring my dog with me to school now and again. He'd bark outside and I'd be asked to bring the dog home. It was a half hour at most to do the job but I'd be gone from school for an hour or an hour and a half. Great days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Apparently regularly trying to throw a bench at Monica or trying to defenestrate Rosie wasn't technically against the rules but considered "bad form" regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Took the day off school even though I wasn’t sick and borrowed my friend’s father’s 1961 Massey Ferguson. 3 of us then headed into Galway City on it to explore the sites - the diving board, Terryland Shopping Centre, Supermacs on Eyre Square.

Meanwhile the príomhoide in my school was convinced I wasn’t sick at all and was only mitching from school. So he started sneaking around my house but was accidentally knocked out by my bitch of a sister who also doubted I was sick.

Ended up crashing the Massey Ferguson just outside Barna, and barely made it home in time before my parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I was accused of using bad language in class once when I never swore.

I went to school here in 2004 - 2006, and my English teacher just didn't understand me once. I'm Scottish, and I tend to have this tone that can be perceived as "aggressive" to non-Scots and I could just be having a normal, casual chat with a friend. I said the word "baltic" in a sentence and he told me to watch my language.

He clearly didn't know what it was that I said but he gave me a warning nonetheless.

Another rule that I "broke" was so minuscule and petty, even in retrospect it was downright stupid, but anyway:

I was exempt from Irish class, so I would often go to the library to study or do homework on my own for an hour, and I would listen to music while I did it. This was something I did the whole 3 years I attended school here and this was the only instance in which a teacher had a real issue with...

A teacher, who was walking along the corridors, who was no teacher of mine for any subject - wasn't a head, deputy head - she was actually a substitute teacher, a jack-of-all/master-of-none.. she stopped in her tracks, turned 180 degrees and actually made the effort to trek all the way down the corridor again to come in to the library, come all the way up to the desk I was sitting at, and in front of the librarian who was absolutely lovely, made an idiot out of me and shouted "give it to me! now!" I said "what?" and she accused me of being a smart arse and told me to hand over my earphones. I took out my earphones and then she saw my phone in my bag, turned off, and told me to hand over my phone. The ironic thing here was that there was actually two music players hanging on the wall in the library, with headphones attached, that a student could use at any time if they wanted to, yet I was out of line because I was using my own.

I didn't get my phone or my earphones back until the following Monday..

I'm no angel. I did break one rule deliberately because everyone else did it - - even the "top students" who would do no wrong, done it.

Does anyone, from the South East, remember the "Beat 102-103 Fugitive" where any listener could partake once a week in a random SE town and do some sort of scavenger hunt with clues to find an individual in random specific locations - the winner would win a prize on air.

Well they did the final one in Waterford City, and it happened to be on a school afternoon. The whole school ducked off to go into town to partake in it.

And we all got torn asunder when we got back.

It was the best day ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I wouldn't wear a tie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Not doing homework.
    Mobile phone use.
    Smoking.
    Generally being a prick.

Off the top of my head though
    Keys of the school floating about

Perhaps you could have paid more attention in English class.......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

G1032 wrote: »

It's an online forum not a university thesis.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Gold star for you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Friend managed to get his hands on hash and we got tobacco, but couldn't get any skins anywhere so couldn't smoke it. Ended up crushing it up and eating it in the middle of a bounty bar on our lunch break so we'd be stoned for the afternoon classes. However, we never anticipated how long it could take to kick in when ingested. Nothing happened in school but that evening, probably 15 minutes before I had dinner with the family, I realised I was completely off my tits.

Setting the fire alarm off on day 4 of continuous days of the fire alarm being set off.

Headmistress had had enough at this stage so we all had to stay outside at the fire assembly point and stand with whomever we were with when the alarm went off. All fine, got into our groups and when asked where we were, all said our usual spot. All groups asked are you sure you wasn’t in the area where the alarm was.

Then it started pissing and some stupid b1tch didn’t want to get her hair wet and grassed us up for being in that area. Suspended for 3 days.

But someone did set the alarm off again the next day. Dunno who and they were never caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

rode the arse off the hot teacher*

* in my dreams

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    rode the arse off the hot teacher*

* in my dreams

What was his name?

What was his name?

Dee Snider

What was his name?

What was your ma's name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

glasso wrote: »
    What was your ma's name?
    Mrs. Flash.

Guy Person wrote: »
    Mrs. Flash.

Assumpta Flash.

Assumpta Flash.

Safe to assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭I see sheep

I busted out of class had to get away from those fools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Setting the fire alarm off on day 4 of continuous days of the fire alarm being set off.

Headmistress had had enough at this stage so we all had to stay outside at the fire assembly point and stand with whomever we were with when the alarm went off. All fine, got into our groups and when asked where we were, all said our usual spot. All groups asked are you sure you wasn’t in the area where the alarm was.

Then it started pissing and some stupid b1tch didn’t want to get her hair wet and grassed us up for being in that area. Suspended for 3 days.

But someone did set the alarm off again the next day. Dunno who and they were never caught.
    It's good that you let it go and haven't held a grudge.

I busted out of class had to get away from those fools

Left a hole in the masonry the shape of me

• Advertisement

me-fail-english-thats-unpossible-19284198.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Why do schools have such stupid rules?

The teachers told us we couldn't use the bathroom during class or eat because you couldn't do those things when working but that's false. I'm in college and never had to ask to use the bathroom and can eat in class.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

Smoking wasn't banned when I was in school, but it was restricted to certain areas. There were't a lot of 'rules' that I remember but physical aggression was a no-no. I absolutely hated bullys so I used to beat them up. Irony, I became a bully's bully :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Why do schools have such stupid rules?

The teachers told us we couldn't use the bathroom during class or eat because you couldn't do those things when working but that's false. I'm in college and never had to ask to use the bathroom and can eat in class.

Student has a cough, takes a drink of water ends up in detention. I understand discipline is required but some ****e is soo stupid it just makes students rebel.

My Spanish teacher who happened to be Italian asked me to stay back after class one day to help her with some stuff. Anyway after a bit of flirting and speaking sexy Flemish on my part things took a kinky twist and we ended up getting it on in a store room off the classroom.
    After we or I as should say I finished rather quickly we both got fixed up and went our separate ways. We never spoke of it again.
    I did get caught by the vice principal minutes later having a celebratory smoke and I ended getting in trouble.
    Just underlines the dangers of smoking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,417 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Took the day off school even though I wasn’t sick and borrowed my friend’s father’s 1961 Massey Ferguson. 3 of us then headed into Galway City on it to explore the sites - the diving board, Terryland Shopping Centre, Supermacs on Eyre Square.

Meanwhile the prhoide in my school was convinced I wasn’t sick at all and was only mitching from school. So he started sneaking around my house but was accidentally knocked out by my bitch of a sister who also doubted I was sick.

Ended up crashing the Massey Ferguson just outside Barna, and barely made it home in time before my parents.

Sounds like crazy stuff.

Would you think about making a movie about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Didn’t do a lot of my homework. Missed a lot of days in the senior cycle because I just didn’t like school - the social aspect rather than the learning. Whatever, I still did well in the LC. I just taught myself the stuff I missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Ficheall wrote: »
    I divided by 0, even though we were told not to.

Edgelord here! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,475 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Not doing homework.
    Mobile phone use.
    Smoking.
    Generally being a prick.

https://www.google.com/search?q=we+got+a+badass+over+here&rlz=1C1AWFC_enIE861IE861&sxsrf=ACYBGNSFC_SjwDhCoeqHzeSAxn9ObKgHrg:1570733207382&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjilPOWrZLlAhWBuHEKHaFhAVMQ_AUIEigB&biw=1280&bih=610#imgrc=E5w2Wv2nNSXsRM:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

My granny died about 20 times in secondary school - always a sure fire winner to get out of homework.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Once when there was a sports day I came in wearing a tracksuit. The sports day didn't start until after lunch and I was supposed to get changed then but I wore the tracksuit all day.

The same day I was minding my own business between classes when this lad gave me a kick up the arse and walked off. I walked over to him and pushed him as hard as I could sending him flying into the wall. He couldn't fight his own battles so his brother who was about two years older than me stood up from the radiator he had been sitting on and gave me a box in the face. My nose started spouting blood and I thought it was broken. I went to the principals office with blood pouring from my nose and said "I think my nose is broken". His reply was "WHERE'S YOUR UNIFORM?". Stupid cunt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Post deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Sounds like crazy stuff.

Would you think about making a movie about it.

You could call it "JohnnyFlash's Day Out".

Once when there was a sports day I came in wearing a tracksuit. The sports day didn't start until after lunch and I was supposed to get changed then but I wore the tracksuit all day.

The same day I was minding my own business between classes when this lad gave me a kick up the arse and walked off. I walked over to him and pushed him as hard as I could sending him flying into the wall. He couldn't fight his own battles so his brother who was about two years older than me stood up from the radiator he had been sitting on and gave me a box in the face. My nose started spouting blood and I thought it was broken. I went to the principals office with blood pouring from my nose and said "I think my nose is broken". His reply was "WHERE'S YOUR UNIFORM?". Stupid cunt.

Wow you should write a piece for the New Yorker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Melania Frump

The rule that said you had to go every day and smoking in the toilets on the days I did turn up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Melania Frump

Double post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

Lots of trivial bull in primary school like not being allowed go to the bathroom or having water if I was coughing (I have a genuine condition). My mam just told me to get on with it and she'd deal with the consequences.

In fifth year we went on a class trip to Berlin. The hostel had a bar/nightclub and we all went in on the Saturday night. Most of us were drinking but a few weren't. We were all sent back to our rooms and the teachers came around and asked everyone individually. Most owned up, but I didn't, and they let me be, even though I called a female teacher, 'Sir, I mean, eh, Miss'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

In sixth year, a group of us - all of whom had a reputation for being generally well-behaved - used to go to a local pub for lunch/pints every Friday afternoon. We were all over 18 and wore hoodies to hide our uniform jumpers. We had double-PE and Irish after break, so we'd usually skip PE and head back in time for Irish. As we strolled back into school one afternoon, we passed the headmaster on the corridor, stinking of drink (us, not him - he was a lifelong pioneer). He gave us a knowing look and said "ah, there's the lads!"

If you didn't have a reputation for being a troublemaker, you could get away with anything.

Dj Stiggie wrote: »
    In fifth year we went on a class trip to Berlin. The hostel had a bar/nightclub and we all went in on the Saturday night. Most of us were drinking but a few weren't. We were all sent back to our rooms and the teachers came around and asked everyone individually. Most owned up, but I didn't, and they let me be, even though I called a female teacher, 'Sir, I mean, eh, Miss'.

When I went to school the teacher who organised the trips was a senior teacher.
    He used bring us out to clubs and pubs.
    In the weeks leading up to the trip people used tease the younger teachers who were never on a trip about going to the pub, etc and they didn't believe it.
    Then when it happened they hadn't a clue what to do and were out of their dept and just started drinking to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Am I the only one who brought vodka and smirnoff ice in a flask to my Leaving Cert exam? First one and got a measly 250 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I mitched off once to go to a Dana concert.

• Advertisement
Advertisement