Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Seems Ozzy Osbourne is about to reschedule again hope not but vague enough a video posted on social media of him talking as much hopefully he is referring to the initial reschedule and its a mistake, tickets still remain on sale for it anyway.

Can we get refund on our tickets ??

Held on to mine for the new date but now its obv not on

Going mad I really wanted to see Judas Priest

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Can we get refund on our tickets ??

Held on to mine for the new date but now its obv not on

Going mad I really wanted to see Judas Priest
    Youve to contact ticketmaster through a form on their website with your order number etc thats what I did when he cancelled the first time round takes a week to get the money back its a pisstake in fairness

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Youve to contact ticketmaster through a form on their website with your order number etc thats what I did when he cancelled the first time round takes a week to get the money back its a pisstake in fairness

I'll wait til its officially announced and then do that

Yeah it's a pisstake and he should really think about calling it a day. Time waits for no way

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'll wait til its officially announced and then do that

Yeah it's a pisstake and he should really think about calling it a day. Time waits for no way

Ozzy himself has said he's postponed it, I don't think you can't get anymore official than that.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Ozzy himself has said he's postponed it, I don't think you can't get anymore official than that.

Better off not believing what the man says lol

I thought MCD would have a notice up straight away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Well Ticketmaster won't cancel the order unless it's officially cancelled by Ticketmaster so Ozzys tweets won't get a refund now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Still Ill

RayCon wrote: »
    His Twitter says European Dates Postponed .... US will go ahead.

Honestly, he should just retire .... but Sharon needs a new face so gotta get the cash cow back out on the road.

Surely she's made enough millions by herself at this stage? I remember him saying he hated touring back with The Osbournes TV show was running. Can't believe he's still doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

RTÉ Concert Orchestra will perform the songs of Leonard Cohen in 2020!
    Thursday 10th October, 2019
    We are delighted to announce that following the spectacular performance at this year’s All Together Now, Aiken Promotions along with RTÉ Concert Orchestra will bring the songs of Leonard Cohen live show to Bord Gáis Energy Theatre on 4-5 March 2020! Tickets from €60.50 go on sale next Thursday 17 October through Ticketmaster.

Well Ticketmaster won't cancel the order unless it's officially cancelled by Ticketmaster so Ozzys tweets won't get a refund now anyway.

No announcement by them yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Better off not believing what the man says lol

I thought MCD would have a notice up straight away

I had tickets to a Phoenix gig in Dublin last year. Cancelled with about five hours notice due to the band being ill but the notification of refunds, etc didn't arrive for several days, if I recall. I contacted them immediately and had my refund processed straight away, but I know it was a slower process for people who waited for the official confirmation.

It'll come through but, shockingly, MCD aren't as bothered about returning your money as they are about taking it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I had tickets to a Phoenix gig in Dublin last year. Cancelled with about five hours notice due to the band being ill but the notification of refunds, etc didn't arrive for several days, if I recall. I contacted them immediately and had my refund processed straight away, but I know it was a slower process for people who waited for the official confirmation.

It'll come through but, shockingly, MCD aren't as bothered about returning your money as they are about taking it!

Bit much when promoters seem to promote and sell tickets further and further in advance these days . Don't seem to mind holding onto people's money either way I guess..!

Eod100 wrote: »
    Bit much when promoters seem to promote and sell tickets further and further in advance these days . Don't seem to mind holding onto people's money either way I guess..!

Yeah, it's not ideal. Tbh, though, they don't seem much different to any other online vendor who will claim 5+ days to process refunds regardless of the issue in my experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

That was because if they had found a way to reschedule you'd have valid tickets for the new date. If they refund instantly, everyone loses their seats.

That was a bizzare week, I had Phoenix and Flight of the Conchords cancelled in the same week. FOTC rebooked and tickets were valid, Phoenix didn't and we got a refund a week later.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭RayCon

I rang Ticketmaster after the initial gig was postponed and got a refund instantly. Postponement is valid reason enough for refunds. No quibble.

RayCon wrote: »
    I rang Ticketmaster after the initial gig was postponed and got a refund instantly. Postponement is valid reason enough for refunds. No quibble.

Of course it is. But good luck saying 'I saw a tweet by Ozzy' and trying to use that as reason. That's the point I'm trying to make. Ticketmaster or the promoter need to officially postpone or cancel it.

The Script playing three gigs (for now) next year.

https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/1182551434233036800?s=19

Presale available by ordering their album which of course you don't actually have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭RayCon

Of course it is. But good luck saying 'I saw a tweet by Ozzy' and trying to use that as reason. That's the point I'm trying to make. Ticketmaster or the promoter need to officially postpone or cancel it.

Well last time I didn't wait for MCD or Ticketmaster - I rang the morning Ozzy tweeted it would be postponed and no questions asked ... so they knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

Mcd retweeted Ozzys message about European dates being postponed so they are acknowledging it anyway. I’ve emailed ticketmaster about a refund. Will ring them next week if it doesnt come through

brianomc wrote: »
    Mcd retweeted Ozzys message about European dates being postponed so they are acknowledging it anyway. I’ve emailed ticketmaster about a refund. Will ring them next week if it doesnt come through

Perfect. That's definitely enough for a refund so, no doubt about it.

Mr.S wrote: »
    As we get close to 2020, thread stickied.

Let me know if you prefer to have it not, as I know there are some issues with users on the legacy boards.ie (mobile?) viewing stickies.

Works for me. I'm on the legacy mobile site and have no issues :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Kaiser Chiefs are playing 3 Arena on 23rd Feb

Status Quo are playing Waterfront in Belfast on 5th Oct and Olympia on the 6th

• Registered Users Posts: 7,556 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Status Quo are playing Waterfront in Belfast on 5th Oct and Olympia on the 6th

Already happened? 2020 my mistake

With Razorlight.

I didn't think there'd be enough of a nostalgia market for that tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

With Razorlight.

Razorlight playing their own gig that week in the Olympia.

Razorlight x 2 and Kaiser Chiefs. How depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I predict a load of free tickets on 3plus app.

With Razorlight.

how very 2006
    If tickets were reasonably priced and a Sat night I know my school friends would like to go:D

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭laros

Thom Yorke has announced UK dates for next July, nothing yet for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

FOALS UK tour announced for next year . Hopefully an olympia gig !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

laros wrote: »
    MCD announcement 𝘼𝙉𝙉𝙊𝙐𝙉𝘾𝙀𝙈𝙀𝙉𝙏 ⌁ David Gray will bring his White Ladder: The 20th Anniversary tour to Ireland next year, performing at The SSE Arena, Belfast on 31st March, and 3Arena Dublin on 2nd April 2020!

I think 3 dates now in Dublin

Advertisement