Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,461 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I see Sasha banks is injured again. And people wonder why she has never successfully defended a women's title ? I mean fair enough credit where credits due she and Becky had the match of the night at HIAC but if she can't stay healthy than she might aswell stay at home again and take pictures of her dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I see Sasha banks is injured again. And people wonder why she has never successfully defended a women's title ? I mean fair enough credit where credits due she and Becky had the match of the night at HIAC but if she can't stay healthy than she might aswell stay at home again and take pictures of her dog.

The problem with Sasha is that she weighs about 6 stone.
    Women like Becky and Bailey have more meat on them. They'd even still feel the bumps. But Sasha is just too petite.

*edit*
    Not saying she doesnt have a great, rocking body. Hell no! :pac: just for in-ring stuff.

The problem with Sasha is that she weighs about 6 stone.
    Women like Becky and Bailey have more meat on them. They'd even still feel the bumps. But Sasha is just too petite.

*edit*
    Not saying she doesnt have a great, rocking body. Hell no! :pac: just for in-ring stuff.
    No that's a fair point. I'm not saying that no other female wrestler or male wrestler doesn't feel the bumps and all that. I mean sasha isn't the smallest women on the roster is she ? Surely Alexa bliss is smaller than her. I don't think the way Sasha takes bumps helps either. She takes the bumps very high on her neck and shoulders unlike a flat bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, I think King said how he had never seen anything like the chair on the canes spot in the cell before. I just thought "Yeah, I don't see the canes taking the weight of someone like Undertaker"

• Registered Users Posts: 60,318 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Foley would have loved that chair spot.

• Advertisement

On the WWE network they've a section on all the drafts that WWE have had since 2002, and I'm watching the 2004 one(although they've said a few times it's the first) and while 2004 WWE may not have been the best period compared to now it's great. I loved this era raw set up and theme song. The draft is an underrated thing WWE does.

No that's a fair point. I'm not saying that no other female wrestler or male wrestler doesn't feel the bumps and all that. I mean sasha isn't the smallest women on the roster is she ? Surely Alexa bliss is smaller than her. I don't think the way Sasha takes bumps helps either. She takes the bumps very high on her neck and shoulders unlike a flat bump.

Must keep an eye out for that when I watch her next. Never knew that. That's dangerous sh*t tho.

You're probably right that Alexia Bliss is smaller. She too has injuries right?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TheRodgers

how many weekly wrestling shows can you now watch legally either on tv or the internet now in ireland

TheRodgers wrote: »
    how many weekly wrestling shows can you now watch legally either on tv or the internet now in ireland

RAW - Sky
    Smackdown - Sky
    AEW - ITV4 / Fite App
    NXT - WWE Network
    MLW - YouTube
    NWA Power - YouTube
    ROH - HonorClub

with the HighSpots network dozens more am sure. Long story short too many to count.

Impact! as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Impact! as well

he said wrestling show :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Smash wrestling and Capitol wrestling are also on Showcase sky 192.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,849 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

On route to bret hart inside the ropes

Hopefully a good show

Enjoyable show by Bret Hart at inside the ropes

WWF title reigns and audience Q&A was the topics of the night. Few funny stories about how crazy Vince is, how he ended up spitting furiously into HBKs face and who he would like to face. His dislike of Goldberg comes out and outlines why he shouldn't be in the HOF

CM Punk vs Bret
    Daniel Bryan vs Bret

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

Ugh. NWA Power is trying far too hard to look old school.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,111 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Can't stand The Revival. You will not find two more generic gowls in wrestling.

One of them is called Scott Dawson. Scott fúcking Dawson. Not every wrestling name needs to be ostentatious but at least give it more than 5 seconds thought.

And the other one. Dash Wilder. He looks like a CAW starting template.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I liked the Revival in NXT and I'd actually argue they topped Ciampa in the heel stakes which is saying something. Ciampa is a bit panto when you think about it whereas the revival are just utter *****. They would have me going mad with their antics.

bot43 wrote: »
    Ugh. NWA Power is trying far too hard to look old school.

They're trying to carve out a niche.

How long will it be before we have cross brand matches after the WWE made the point that we won't see some of these match ups again as the are brand exclusive?

I'm guessing 6 week till Survivor Series.

The Fiend from Smackdown vs Seth from RAW.

I know chair shots to the head aren't a thing anymore but I wish they still did the title belt to the head. Always liked it and seems far less dangerous than a big chair.
    How long will it be before we have cross brand matches after the WWE made the point that we won't see some of these match ups again as the are brand exclusive?

For once Survivor Series might be interesting as Fox and USA might get into a dick swinging contest and want their guys and girls to win.

• Advertisement

Can we have a executive vs executive match

The ****e with all the executive dancing around was embarrassing and a bit Insulting

Wonder if they'll have invasions to lead up to Survivor Series.

Just watching backlash 2001 and the main event is great by gawd. Taker and Kane vs trips and stone cold. Happy ****ing days for this time period. 2001 was a good year for WWE until the invasion angle which was meh at best.

I wish I'd stored my tapes of these shows better now. I found them in my parents house a few years ago and they were all still labelled but I tried the only vhs player I could find and I could hear them but not see any picture from them. Shame really as I had a good few boxes of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Surely they'll be Champion Vs Champion, unless Seth drops the belt at Crown Jewel. Then he'll probably be stuck into the multi man match, which might include the Fiend.

SS line up will probably be the same as last year bar the cruiserweight title will probably be defended at War Games given it's been featured on NXT;

Universal Vs WWE champion
    Raw Vs Smackdown women's champion
    IC Vs US champion
    Raw Vs Smackdown tag champions
    5 Vs 5 women's match
    5 Vs 5 men's match
    10 Vs 10 tag match

Reading through that I'd rather watch HIAC again

Seth is part of Hogan's team at Crown Jewel so his title's safe enough or that show.
    He could drop it on Raw on Monday if they're planning on drafting him tom Smackdown

Surely they'll be Champion Vs Champion, unless Seth drops the belt at Crown Jewel. Then he'll probably be stuck into the multi man match, which might include the Fiend.

The Fiend fighting for brand supremacy in a Smackdown team bib. That would be funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

J. Marston wrote: »
    The Fiend fighting for brand supremacy in a Smackdown team bib. That would be funny.

And he just attacks everyone

Now that we're going back to separate rosters, how are non big four PPVs gonna work. We gonna stick to how they currently are or go back to brand exclusive ones and whether that's both brands once a month or they take turns having one a month.

Well if done right and every second PPV is brand exclusive that would work in midterm story telling having an 8 week build up to a PPV and maybe if done really right a 16 week build up to a big 4 PPV.

Who am I kidding its the WWE they will rush everything and make a total balls of it.

• Advertisement

Who am I kidding its the WWE they will rush everything and make a total balls of it.

Unfortunately that's probably true. Was also thinking, HHH said that there won't be a takeover
    the same weekends as every big four as there's none at the royal rumble weekend.

They could possibly scrap Takeover: War Games and have the War Games match as the SS main event, 3 teams of 3 representing Raw, Smackdown and NXT.

Have triple threat matches feature all 3 heavyweight, women's, tag and secondary champions. Have whoever is the women's tag team champions defend their titles against teams from both other brands (think I remember when Sasha and Bayley won them they said they'd defend them on all three brands). If you put the PPVs back to three hours minimum you'd get a good PPV out of those six matches.

If you want a pre show, jobber battle royale and the cruiserweight title. SS is the drizzling ****s and needs a change.

Advertisement