Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

ThePott wrote: »
    I agree, I just wonder about the wins/loss as far as long term goes.
    Loved the product so far though.

I wouldn’t be shocked if they implemented “seasons” or something like that. They reset after every big PPV or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Hammer of the Clods

Just finished watching the second episode of Dynamite a short while ago.

Chris Jericho is looking to be an amazing signing and has elevated each member of his faction. The segment introducing the Inner Circle after the first match might be AEW's first great promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sakura was screwed. The ref called for the bell before she tapped.
    Also is she a face as she acted like one trying to get the fans behind them?

Jericho Vs Darby (Philadelphia street fight for the world championship)

Omega/Hangman Vs PAC/Moxley

Riho Vs Britt Baker (Womens championship)

Set for Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Riho Vs Britt Baker (Womens championship)

Lucky that match wasn't planned before they tagged together or everyone would've been wondering how they could coexist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭ericzeking

It'd be great if Virgin media took on the coverage as they do with other ITV stuff...not being able to record other channels means I haven't seen a full show yet but what I have seen has been class.
    Jericho is simply the Greatest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

And then we might have... A little bit of the bubbly. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The skateboard spot made me laugh out loud when I saw it first. It was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

That's an awesome line up for next Wednesday. Moxley/PAC v Omega/Page should be stellar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

I don't think they should be having Chris working matches every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

showpony1 wrote:
    I don't think they should be having Chris working matches every week.

To avoid burnout?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I wonder if he’s going back touring soon so he’ll take a break so that’s why he’s wrestling every week

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Enjoy Jericho while he's on TV, because once Fozzy's new album comes out early next year, he's going to be busy depending on the band's touring schedule..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Fizzy are the drizzling ****s but that Judas tune is fair catchy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Dark was just fantastic this week. It has me so excited for Moxley vs Omega, they have to try and top a dark match and I just don't know how they are gonna do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

AEW has me excited about wrestling again - I scan highlights (or just read what happened) of raw and smackdown but I will watch AEW in it's entirety each week. what they are doing is fresh (without redesigning the wheel) and I love Dark - great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

That Janela Omega match on Dark was brutal.

Really enjoyable overall

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

That's the Omega I'd been hoping to see , hopefully he's gonna keep stepping it up now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Fantastic match, the One Winged Angel on to the chair for the finish looked brutal. Janela came out of it looking great too, another really good show from AEW.

Yeah Omega/Janela was a cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

So, AEW are really going with wall to wall matches on their show. I love a good match as much as any fan, but I need at least one storyline. And no, wanting to have a match and win a belt is not a storyline. That's why I watch MMA. Pro wrestling is supposed to be over the top and personal.

Also, I just can't take Cody seriously as a contender. He looks like a nazi from a Tarantino movie, and he doesn't have the build of a wrestler. And when he got beaten all to hell by Jericho on the first episode of Dynamite, he was out in the ring again for the show closer, wearing a three piece suit. The ego on this guy.

As for Jericho, he's so out of shape that he moves like he's wearing concrete boots.

I want to like AEW, but it's doing nothing for me. Great matches? Every promotion has great matches now.

sirmanga wrote: »
    So, AEW are really going with wall to wall matches on their show. I love a good match as much as any fan, but I need at least one storyline. And no, wanting to have a match and win a belt is not a storyline. That's why I watch MMA. Pro wrestling is supposed to be over the top and personal.

I know, a cuck story line. Over the top and personal. No thanks.

They are building feuds organically, the title already means more than most and most importantly, they haven't even had a handful of tv shows yet. I'm sure there will be some pro wrestling story lines in the future but for now, I think it's going great.

They also had a wrestler with a librarian gimmick on Dark and they have wrestling dinosaur.

They're building up stories through matches. The Omega/Moxley story is pretty great so far. The Omega/Janela dark match pushed that story along nicely with Omega doing some of Mox's moves, getting comfortable with Moxley's hardcore style, and Janela shouting at him that "he'll never beat Moxley". I much prefer that kind of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah it's a slow build and it'll actually have some payoff imagine what that'll feel like

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

The best thing I can say about the three episodes so far is I have watched all three episodes from start to finish and not been bored. I can't watch Raw for 5 minutes without going on my phone.

Some stuff isn't great but so much is very enjoyable.

Looks like we are heading to SCU Vs Lucha Bros for the tag titles.

Also Being The Elite is a great companion to watch so much of it is stupid but they do a great job at hinting to story lines on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

The best thing I can say about the three episodes so far is I have watched all three episodes from start to finish and not been bored. I can't watch Raw for 5 minutes without going on my phone.

Some stuff isn't great but so much is very enjoyable.

Looks like we are heading to SCU Vs Lucha Bros for the tag titles.

Also Being The Elite is a great companion to watch so much of it is stupid but they do a great job at hinting to story lines on this.

Last night was the first night I got bored watching AEW. The first third of the show was good with SCU Vs Best Friends, LAX squashing those lads and really enjoyed the Cody promo but after that it went meh for me with the women's match and then Lucha Bros selling for Marko Stunt.

rizzla wrote: »
    I know, a cuck story line. Over the top and personal. No thanks.

They are building feuds organically, the title already means more than most and most importantly, they haven't even had a handful of tv shows yet. I'm sure there will be some pro wrestling story lines in the future but for now, I think it's going great.

They also had a wrestler with a librarian gimmick on Dark and they have wrestling dinosaur.
    I didn't say I wanted silly storylines. Just good ones. Probably the best wrestling storyline in the last 20 years was Triple H and Batista in the run up to Mania 21. Yes, it all revolved around Batista wanting a match with Triple H and wanting to win the belt. But just look at how intriguing that storyline was.
    AEW just seem to have people running in after matches for a beat down or showing a solemn video package to hype a match.
    Actual week to week story telling would be nice.

Taz guest announcer for Dark next week, I like this idea. Maybe Eric Bischoff can fill that slot one week too.

Really enjoyed Dynamite this week. I want to see more of Nyla Rose and Bea Priestley though. Thought they would drag out the tag title tourney to have the final at the PPV.

Cody's video package seemed very egotistical to me, it was great but, I find it hard to like him.

Moxley v Omega has me getting the Full Gear PPV though, I need to see that. Actual first time I have purchased a PPV.

sirmanga wrote: »
    I didn't say I wanted silly storylines. Just good ones. Probably the best wrestling storyline in the last 20 years was Triple H and Batista in the run up to Mania 21. Yes, it all revolved around Batista wanting a match with Triple H and wanting to win the belt. But just look at how intriguing that storyline was.

You're talking about a match with substantial history and investment from fans that the WWE could pull on to get people to care. AEW can't compete with that history, they've only been on tv 3 weeks.

• Advertisement

rizzla wrote: »
    You're talking about a match with substantial history and investment from fans that the WWE could pull on to get people to care. AEW can't compete with that history, they've only been on tv 3 weeks.

Well, before that storyline began nobody gave a hoot about Batista.

AEW have done absolutely nothing to garner interest, storyline wise. I mean, where are the characters? How would I describe the people on the roster to a friend who I was trying to get to watch. "he's a great wrestler. And so is he. And him too." I'm not saying I want everyone to be bin men or tax collectors. But a variety of characters would be nice.

Are there any moments from the first 3 episodes where you would scramble to re watch on YouTube. No, because it's all matches.
    How about, I dunno, have Jericho come out and hold up the company for more money or else he won't be at the PPV, because he knows he's the main draw. Anything. But all we have is "I want to wrestle you and beat you and take your belt."
    They should have had the start of a major angle on their very first show. What did we get? A run in.

Advertisement