Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭RunDMC

Sounds like you need to re-order the widgets. You can do this easily in the Garmin Connect Mobile app. I think that widget is called My Day.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Clibee

Hi everyone ,

Just bought the forerunner music , to find it dosn’t support Spotify , when I go to garmin connect to download it, it says it isn’t compatible. Anyone know any ways around this ?

Thanks you all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Clibee wrote: »
    Hi everyone ,

Just bought the forerunner music , to find it dosn’t support Spotify , when I go to garmin connect to download it, it says it isn’t compatible. Anyone know any ways around this ?

Thanks you all

645M?

This does support Spotify

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    645M?

This does support Spotify

It supposed to, but when I go to get Spotify is says my device is not compatible. The only reason I got this watch was to have Spotify on it !
    Anyone know where I could bring the watch to see what’s going on ?

It supposed to, but when I go to get Spotify is says my device is not compatible. The only reason I got this watch was to have Spotify on it !
    Anyone know where I could bring the watch to see what’s going on ?

Did you download the Spotify IQ app to your watch? And assume you have a premium sub?

• Advertisement

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Did you download the Spotify IQ app to your watch? And assume you have a premium sub?

Yeah I have premium ,

When I go to download it , it says “ this app requires an update of ur forerunner 645 music. Please use garmin express to update your forerunner 645 music”.

When i go to garmin express , it’s says it’s not compatible on my device .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Yeah I have premium ,

When I go to download it , it says “ this app requires an update of ur forerunner 645 music. Please use garmin express to update your forerunner 645 music”.

When i go to garmin express , it’s says it’s not compatible on my device .

That seems to be a silly little fault when you first get a new watch and want to add an app. I had it recently on a new 735. A bit of googling told me to remove the watch from Garmin Connect. Restart the watch and reconnect it and for some wierd reason you should then be able to add your app.

Are you on the latest firmware for the watch, the Spotify integration happened post launch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Ok, this may have been done to death .. but once again HRM accuracy:

Most of the time my 235 hrm works fine. But several times it has failed completely - not cadence lock … just low values (i.e. brisk walking hr when in fact I'm all out up a hill). I've now noticed this same effect several times with different garmin watches with optical hrms (another 235, and a fr 35) - Connemara a few years ago, Boston last year, ... and last Sunday. The common factor I've realized is wet (very wet) weather and short sleeves. I'm now working on the theory that the water is seeping between skin and hrm and causing the distorted readings. Any one noticed this, and if so any suggestions ?

A sweat band was my first thought but the prospect of a heavy sodden mess on my arm for miles is not inviting and would probably make the problem worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭py

I noticed the optical HRM on my Garmin Vivoactive HR sometimes lagging in HR so I switched to using a chest strap HRM (already had it from cycling) and the data has been much better. I'll still use the optical for every day use but when there's training to be done the chest strap HRM goes on for accurate data.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

I've just got a Forerunner 630 on donedeal. Looks in great condition but I can't get it to pair with my phone. I have a Xiaomi mi A1. Had anyone any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Have fr220, working perfectly apart from battery life which has dropped to about an hr. Can this watch be resurrected?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

About how long do chest straps last? I've mine about three years and more and more, I'm getting a lot of readings that are the result of a cadence lock. I'm wondering if it's the strap starting to fail or if it's because I'm not sweating as much in the cooler weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭De Bhál

anyone got a good source for replacement bands on the Garmin 235 strap.

Mine's broke again this morning. That'll be the second in two years.

De Bhál wrote: »
    anyone got a good source for replacement bands on the Garmin 235 strap.

Mine's broke again this morning. That'll be the second in two years.

You'll get them for a fiver on gear best, a few euro more if you go through amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭seanin4711

have the RUN version but need something as a backup.
    anyone recommend a cheaper alternative?
    i bought a decathlon "geonaute" dual BLE ANT+ strap but it wont sync to F3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Am sure this has been asked previously, do I need Bluetooth turned on on my watch for the run to transfer to Garmin Connect?

Complete technophobe here but just got a new 735xt as a present and am totally new to Garmin Connect, previously just left runs on my 230.

OOnegative wrote: »
    Am sure this has been asked previously, do I need Bluetooth turned on on my watch for the run to transfer to Garmin Connect?

Complete technophobe here but just got a new 735xt as a present and am totally new to Garmin Connect, previously just left runs on my 230.

Yes - you’ll need to pair the phone and the watch using Bluetooth. Once you’ve done it once it should be grand and transfer automatically.

Just to add- it’s quite easy. Download the app and you just go to ‘add device’ and hopefully self explanatory from then on.

Enjoy the watch. It’s a good one. Are you going to appear on Strava now too???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Kellygirl wrote: »
    Just to add- it’s quite easy. Download the app and you just go to ‘add device’ and hopefully self explanatory from then on.

Enjoy the watch. It’s a good one. Are you going to appear on Strava now too???

'cos just one little tick and it will all upload there too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Kellygirl wrote: »
    Yes - you’ll need to pair the phone and the watch using Bluetooth. Once you’ve done it once it should be grand and transfer automatically.

Sorry probably didn’t explain to well, so I don’t need Bluetooth on constantly for runs to transfer? One step at a time, Strava is next!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

If you use the chest hrm then you will need the bluetooth left on so that they (strap and watch) can talk. I leave my bluetooth "on" on the watch and can then forget about it. Connect can then detect your watch, once it is on, and automatically read you latest strava beauty. Do share :D

Sorry probably didn’t explain to well, so I don’t need Bluetooth on constantly for runs to transfer? One step at a time, Strava is next!!!!

You could turn it off and on but I leave Bluetooth on all the time and then I see text messages and various other notifications etc on my watch.

denis b wrote: »
    If you use the chest hrm then you will need the bluetooth left on so that they (strap and watch) can talk. I leave my bluetooth "on" on the watch and can then forget about it. Connect can then detect your watch, once it is on, and automatically read you latest strava beauty. Do share :D

Only if you have paired a BT HRM, Garmin HRM uses ANT+

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Hi guys, looking for a bit of help with my Garmin 235. A few days ago it stopped pairing with my phone. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the garmin app on my phone but no joy.
    My phone is recognising my watch but not vice versa, when I try to pair it with other devices the screen keeps spinning before a "try again" message comes up.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Any ideas?

Usually when it starts acting up I plug it into the PC, run Garmin connect and sync it and that sorts it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I noticed after doing a recent interval session that was in the workouts of my garmin watch, the app is (at last!) recognising the name of the workout. I hope this is here to stay as it was an obvious improvement for them to make.

I noticed after doing a recent interval session that was in the workouts of my garmin watch, the app is (at last!) recognising the name of the workout. I hope this is here to stay as it was an obvious improvement for them to make.

Is that android or apple app out of interest? My apple app doesn’t seem to have recognize the workout I did on Monday and is completely up to date etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Android. Maybe future workouts will be added.
    I know there was a firmware update a couple of weeks back for the 230 and I have another one on it now waiting to be downloaded.

I will do more workouts later this week to just test it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nialler73

I recently bought a forerunner 910xt 2nd hand. I realise this is an older model but wondering would someone have any advice. The device has been running great overall, however I noticed today that it was a little foggy on the screen, I'd been for a swim yesterday. When I tried to turn it on there was no response. I connected it in to a power supply and the device says "Complete 100%". However when I try to turn it on when not connected there is no response. Anyone seen this before?

Advertisement