Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Open 2021 [No Covid posts]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Quahog217

I have got 3 tickets for Friday, when purchased i just put my own name on them as I was sure who was coming with me, turns out no one really wants to go so how do i go about selling them i wonder? I could i sell them and meet the people at the gate, go in together and then go our separate ways, might be easiest option?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭dizzydoll

Quahog217 wrote: »
    I have got 3 tickets for Friday, when purchased i just put my own name on them as I was sure who was coming with me, turns out no one really wants to go so how do i go about selling them i wonder? I could i sell them and meet the people at the gate, go in together and then go our separate ways, might be easiest option?

Hi Quahog,

I'm looking for 2 tickets for Saturday or Sunday but have found out some information. You can amend the ticket names on the tickets by logging into Eventbrite up to tomorrow. The tickets will then be emailed to you and if you have changed the names at that stage & money has changed hands then you only need to forward the tickets to the new owner. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭JoeCole26

Brother-in-law got 2 tickets for the Friday, but he is after noticing they are concession tickets - will be himself and his son going. Think there will be an issue getting in with these? Doesn't want to travel down only for them not to get it. He has emailed the event organizer to see if there is anything they might be able to do - he is happy to pay the difference and admin fee to change. Just wondering how strict they will be.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Northern lassie

dizzydoll wrote: »
    Hi Quahog,

I'm looking for 2 tickets for Saturday or Sunday but have found out some information. You can amend the ticket names on the tickets by logging into Eventbrite up to tomorrow. The tickets will then be emailed to you and if you have changed the names at that stage & money has changed hands then you only need to forward the tickets to the new owner. Hope this helps!

At the moment members haven't received their tickets. If they don't get them by tomorrow, does it mean that they can't change the name of the tickets and pass them on to someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Members are being sent a ticketing code where we fill in the days we want to go,also collect parking pass in golf shop by Sunday,they sent a graphic of the layout for tournament might help some people

Victor Perez has withdrawn from next week's Irish Open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

FYI: Please note that the wearing of Face Masks is mandatory inside and outside for this Pilot event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭big_drive

nonsheep7 wrote: »
    Anyone aware of any other covid 'rules' surrounding the event , it seems like there is no seating according to previous posts ,from previous experience at these events it can be a long tiring (albeit enjoyable) day with lots of walking. Part of the fun for me would be the visits to the various drinks tents ,betting emporiums ,tented village . Have 2 tickets for Thursday, however should there be any strict rules re mask wearing ,vaccine proof etc they can shove it !

The email this morning says face masks mandatory. So if you're interested in selling those Thursday tickets let me know, I'm after one more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

FYI: Please note that the wearing of Face Masks is mandatory inside and outside for this Pilot event.

And just like that I'm no longer disappointed I didnt get any tickets. Farcical.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

Sent you a PM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭dizzydoll

At the moment members haven't received their tickets. If they don't get them by tomorrow, does it mean that they can't change the name of the tickets and pass them on to someone.

Hey northern lass,

Tickets were issuing this morning as far as I am aware with the names that were given at time of booking if not changed since. It's unlikely that the names can be changed once the tickets have issued. If you have a weekend ticket I would wait & hopefully someone that attends the first day or two will be able to tell everyone how strict they are on entry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

And just like that I'm no longer disappointed I didnt get any tickets. Farcical.

Surely pilot events shouldn't require face masks outside, unless we plan on wearing face masks forevermore everywhere?

I thought pilot events were about gauging whether a safe return to normal viewing practices is possible, how does face masks everywhere help achieve that?

I did not receive a PM

If i cant change the names on my tickets, i assume my mated will not get in on Friday? Any ideas? Like 3 tickets are still in my name and eventbrite are not responding to my emails!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

I did not receive a PM

Apologies, should be sent now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I'll just have to spend the day continually eating and drinking so :D

I cant see names being an issue, they'll just be scanning QR codes on way in after getting asked the usual covid questions.

Speak Now wrote: »
    I'll just have to spend the day continually eating and drinking so :D

There'll be a lot of dapper chin nappies around the place :P

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

If we have to wear masks at all times around Mount Juliet does this mean no food or drink will be served on the course?

• Advertisement

Stacksey wrote: »
    If we have to wear masks at all times around Mount Juliet does this mean no food or drink will be served on the course?

Tented village will have a hospitality area for outdoor dining.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nonsheep7

absolutely sickening and farcical to be forced into wearing silly masks out in gods fresh air

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Paddy1234

absolutely sickening and farcical to be forced into wearing silly masks out in gods fresh air

I agree with this. Why didn’t they announce the masks situation before people bought tickets. Surely a fully vaccinated person shouldn’t have to wear a mask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Paddy1234 wrote: »
    I agree with this. Why didn’t they announce the masks situation before people bought tickets. Surely a fully vaccinated person shouldn’t have to wear a mask.

A fully vaccinated person can still have covid and pass it on, so a mask helps then. Having the vaccine just stops the vaccinated person from feeling the effects of Covid.

FYI I’m against having masks at the event anyway though.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nonsheep7

big_drive wrote: »
    The email this morning says face masks mandatory. So if you're interested in selling those Thursday tickets let me know, I'm after one more

Yes I am interested in selling ,one is in my name ,the 2nd in wife's, we had planned a 3 night stay but going to cancel all now because of all the silly stringent rules, pm me tomorrow afternoon Sunday ,thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭mooz

Yes I am interested in selling ,one is in my name ,the 2nd in wife's, we had planned a 3 night stay but going to cancel all now because of all the silly stringent rules, pm me tomorrow afternoon Sunday ,thanks.

Hiya, am interested in taking a ticket off you if this arrangement falls through. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭big_drive

I'm sorted thanks. Pro up the club was getting rid of one for Thursday. Say you'll have no problem with it , lots looking
    Thanks for getting back to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Very jealous of anyone that got tickets for this.

I'd highly recommend following a group for a full 18 holes rather than staying in the one spot, you'll see more interesting shots that way.

The lack of crowds will mean you'll be able to follow 95% of groups and see every single shot.

Enjoy

Was up in Mount Juliet today to collect my parking pass from golfshop,place looking really well with all the livery around and couple of tour trucks already in,practice area looking really well, can't wait for Thursday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

1967 wrote: »
    Was up in Mount Juliet today to collect my parking pass from golfshop,place looking really well with all the livery around and couple of tour trucks already in,practice area looking really well, can't wait for Thursday morning

What’s the story with parking?

Looking forward to this now :) hopefully Shane and Padraig will be on opposite sides of the draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 AnBeagalltach

Very jealous of anyone that got tickets for this.

I'd highly recommend following a group for a full 18 holes rather than staying in the one spot, you'll see more interesting shots that way.

The lack of crowds will mean you'll be able to follow 95% of groups and see every single shot.

Enjoy

Just to add to this- I know the mask wearing etc can seem illogical to some but you will quite literally never get a chance again to be this close to Rory, Bob McIntyre, Guido etc with these these small crowds and so up close and able to be this close to action and see how good their ball striking truely is!

Masks will be annoying but there will obviously be the food/ beverage exemptions and as a general viewing experience to get up close to good golf, I imagine this will one of the best Irish opens ever for those lucky enough to be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭davegilly

If anyone is offloading a ticket I'd love to take one for Friday or Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CPC90

Hi all, I am looking for 1 adult ticket for Sunday if anyone is selling can they let me know. Thanks a million. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭doublecross

Looking for 2 tickets for Thursday or Friday, if anybody looking to offload them send me a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 thelankylad

Looking for one ticket for Sunday if anyone has a spare available, many thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

I'm expecting Rory out late on Thursday and early Friday based on the tv schedule. Coverage not to start until 1pm on Thursday and 5 hours none stop and earlier on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Attending on Sunday :D massive thx to the boards golf community!
    Now.. better to scream MASHED POTATOES or BABA BOOEY?

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Attending on Sunday :D massive thx to the boards golf community!
    Now.. better to scream MASHED POTATOES or BABA BOOEY?

TAKE OFF YOUR MASK ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

TAKE OFF YOUR MASK ;)

delete.jpg

Can we bring signs?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Paddy1234 wrote: »
    callaway92 wrote: »
    A fully vaccinated person can still have covid and pass it on, so a mask helps then. Having the vaccine just stops the vaccinated person from feeling the effects of Covid.

FYI I’m against having masks at the event anyway though.
    Just to add to this- I know the mask wearing etc can seem illogical to some but you will quite literally never get a chance again to be this close to Rory, Bob McIntyre, Guido etc with these these small crowds and so up close and able to be this close to action and see how good their ball striking truely is!

Masks will be annoying but there will obviously be the food/ beverage exemptions and as a general viewing experience to get up close to good golf, I imagine this will one of the best Irish opens ever for those lucky enough to be there
    TAKE OFF YOUR MASK ;)
    RoadRunner wrote: »
    delete.jpg

Can we bring signs?

Collective response to all, no Covid discussion here please, restrictions (whatever they may be) are what they are.
    First post updated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,166 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Motivator wrote: »
    What’s the story with parking?
    Think General parking is in red car park it's well signposted just up from main entrance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,100 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

paulie21 wrote: »

That's a pity, exciting player to watch.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Beaulieu

Is someone else besides MacIntyre out "as well"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,166 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Beaulieu wrote: »
    Is someone else besides MacIntyre out "as well"?

Perez withdrew last week

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Beaulieu

Perez withdrew last week

Shoot -thanks Paulie didn't realise that.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭jams100

Overall a pretty weak field, thankfully just enough big names to have good enough featured groups.

Main players: (world ranking)
    Rory Mcilroy (10)
    Tommy Fleetwood (33)
    Shane Lowry (43)
    Christian bezuidenhout (46)
    Daniel Van Tonder (77)
    Martin Kaymer (78)
    Andy Sullivan (80)
    Antoine Rozner (81)
    John Catlin (84)
    Sam Horsfiled (86)
    Lucas Hebert (91)
    Brandon Stone (92)
    Dean Burmester (93)
    Thomas Detry (96)
    Jason Scrivner (99)
    Richard Bland (112)
    Padraig Harrington (155)
    Graeme McDowell (167)
    Joost Luiten (184)
    Andrew Johnson (244)
    Victor Dubission (251)

Disappointing not to see rahm making the trip considering he has good history at the Irish open :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Balls, I was looking forward to seeing him live in action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,100 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Weather looking dicey enough over the weekend.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Will the tee times be released later today?

Advertisement