Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post C19 Confirmed Races

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭racersedge

OOnegative wrote: »
    Says entries open Friday June 12th, today is Friday June the 11th no doubt threw loads off!!

I saw the Friday part, didn't see the date so I was keeping a look out. I'd say everyone and their mother piled on to try to get in. I had a couple of card error's the first time I tried. I then saw a message quickly saying it got through before I got sent to a queue. Wasn't sure to be honest if I'd gotten a slot or not for another 25 minutes until the e-mail came through.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ChampionChip

Still spaces for entries at the Maze Long Kesh event on June 27th in NI near Lisburn so its easy to get to from the A1 without going into Belfast.

Half marathon, 10k, 5k and 3k plus a sprint duathlon. All on the roads inside the iconic MLK Prison site, flat, smooth roads, no gravel and 5k lap. Medals and t shirts for all competitors.

By that time we will have no upper limit on entries which is due to lift on June 21st, its currently set at 500.

Link to entry page is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 boboloo

I reckon all places were already sold b4 it went live.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

boboloo wrote: »
    I reckon all places were already sold b4 it went live.

As a race committee member of this race up to 2019 i can confirm this is definitely not the case due to my lack of an entry this year!! Was looking forward to finally running it as a punter but will have tomake do with stewarding again.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Mar Azul

Anyone know of 5k or 10k real race actually happening during June?

I’ve come across some advertised but still not open for entries.

Thanks

TbL

July 11th 5k in Inch, just signed up through pop-up races. Just craving sth real.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

Anyone know of 5k or 10k real race actually happening during June?

I’ve come across some advertised but still not open for entries.

Thanks

TbL

SEO LEAT 5k might suit you - may even have been organised especially for you! Connemara Airport Tues 29th June, 2 races @ 6:30pm and 8pm, 100 participants in each race. Registration opens today at 11am @ Popup races. Organised by Tribal Running (on FB).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

ariana` wrote: »
    SEO LEAT 5k might suit you - may even have been organised especially for you! Connemara Airport Tues 29th June, 2 races @ 6:30pm and 8pm, 100 participants in each race. Registration opens today at 11am @ Popup races. Organised by Tribal Running (on FB).

Got into this.

Fair play to Tribal/Popup!

Thanks for the heads up Tang

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

Got into this.

Fair play to Tribal/Popup!

Thanks for the heads up Tang

TbL

Delighted, saw it and thought it would suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

The Banna 5K and 10K road race will be going ahead on Sunday August 8th this year. This will be AAI permitted event that is run by St. Brendan's AC.
    Details are still being finalized so entry has not opened yet but places will be limited in line with covid regulations and expected to go fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

diego_b wrote: »
    The Banna 5K and 10K road race will be going ahead on Sunday August 8th this year. This will be AAI permitted event that is run by St. Brendan's AC.
    Details are still being finalized so entry has not opened yet but places will be limited in line with covid regulations and expected to go fast.

Registration has opened now @ https://eventmaster.ie/event/o29MUk3tLm

Link to race thread

• Advertisement

Anyone know when registration is opening for Mullingar Half in September?

Mar Azul wrote: »
    Anyone know when registration is opening for Mullingar Half in September?

They said June but I'd say they are waiting for the Gov to give a bit more guidance on easing of restrictions for races. I guess everyone thought we'd have clarity by now.

Well done to Tribal Running and Pop Up races for tonight’s 5k at Connemara airport.

Very well organised, friendly and enjoyable evening

Let’s hope others follow their initiative

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Well done to Tribal Running and Pop Up races for tonight’s 5k at Connemara airport.

TbL

Did u smash it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Snodge

Does anyone know if pop up races are organising any more track meets in July/August, like the 5000m races in Leixlip back in May?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Lambay island

TbL

I had to put on shades to protect my eyes when I saw the socks/shoes combo on the finishing photos :cool:

I had to put on shades to protect my eyes when I saw the socks/shoes combo on the finishing photos :cool:

:):) and that was with the picture filters to make me look good!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Some (corkcentric) "real" races currently open for registration. These will likely fill up quickly...
    • 16th July - Cork - North Cork 5k (Doneraile) - entry here
    • 8th August - Westmeath - Kilbeggan 10 mile - entry here
    • 8th August - Kerry - Banna 5k & 10k - entry here
    • 20th August - Cork - Churchtown South 5 mile - entry here

Mullingar Half Marathon open for entries
    https://mullingarhalfmarathon.com/

Mar Azul wrote: »
    Mullingar Half Marathon open for entries
    https://mullingarhalfmarathon.com/
    Good stuff. Just registered :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭FinnC

Kilkenny Marathon going ahead on September 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Looks like it's already sold out! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Beirut wrote: »
    Good stuff. Just registered :)

Looks like it's already sold out! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭finlma

Galway Bay Marathon in Salthill still have registrations open and are saying it will go ahead on October 2nd. 10km, Half and Full marathon event. Could be a good DCM replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭cullenswood

The Irish 3/4 marathon guys are also running a full marathon on the same day in Longwood. 3rd October

http://irish3quartermarathon.ie/

East Galway Harriers 5k on Saturday 4th September

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Any word on of rathfarnham 5k will go ahead or not? Provisional date 29th sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭finlma

Looks like this is gone. I'd say Galway being cancelled is inevitable. Bit ridiculous that we can let 45000 into Croke Park but can't allow a few hundred people run around streets.

Belfast is booked out. If anyone knows of any full marathon taking place anywhere on the island in the autumn please let me know. I'd hate all the training to go to waste.

I'll happily pay for a transfer for Belfast if there's one going also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Enniscrone is on October 3rd. Not flat by any stretch would will most likely go ahead as numbers will be less then 200

Advertisement