Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 262: Oliveira vs. Chandler

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

eagle eye wrote: »
    If Dariush is 5 and Oliveira and Chandler are ahead of him the division is on a bad state.
    Right now for me the top fighters on the division are Poirier, Gaethje and RDA.
    I'd personally rate Mackhachev and Gillespie as next best after those three.

Can we go back to this please. RDA?! After having one fight at LW in nearly 5 years (along with quite a few losses at WW) and he's top 3?!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,552 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Oliveira is great to watch and can be very slick but I don't see him holding on to the title very long,

Chandlers fantastic debut seemed to make a lot of people over estimate how good he is,

I reckon the winner of Dustin & Conor (likely Dustin but even Conor ) becomes the next champion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

Chandlers fantastic debut seemed to make a lot of people over estimate how good he is,

He is good though. No-one really over-estimated him, if anything he was somewhat under-estimated, a lot of talk was about how Bellator "isn't the UFC".

Yeah, he lost, but he almost got it done in Round 1 and it was a phenomenal first round in general.

It was a fantastic debut but it was also a fantastic title fight IMO. Chandler doesn't lose any cred in my eyes.

Homelander wrote: »
    He is good though. No-one really over-estimated him, if anything he was somewhat under-estimated, a lot of talk was about how Bellator "isn't the UFC".

Yeah, he lost, but he almost got it done in Round 1 and it was a phenomenal first round in general.

It was a fantastic debut but it was also a fantastic title fight IMO. Chandler doesn't lose any cred in my eyes.

Chandler is a bit like Eddie to me ,he is fun to watch and has some good wins but when he steps up he will lose,

I also think Olivera can be hurt and someone like Dustin, Conor Even Justin won't let him off the hook ,

Chandler v Justin would be a great watch,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Chandler is a bit like Eddie to me ,he is fun to watch and has some good wins but when he steps up he will lose.

I think the step up part is wrong. Chandler's not a man I'll bet on any time soon. He's gonna win fights nobody expects him to win, and lose fights that seem straightforward. Similar to Eddie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Step up is a bit of a strange comment alright. Eddie was the champ!

Beersmith wrote: »
    Step up is a bit of a strange comment alright. Eddie was the champ!

Eddie was a champ & no disrespect to him at all,
    These guys are some of top fighters in the world without question & I don't want to come across as downplaying that they are elite but I just think there is a few guys on a level above that,

Eddie for me was always going to be a transitional champ & never hold it for any great period, again no disrespect as he got to the top of the mountain ,

Advertisement